Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 10830 (Who?), Viewed: 1333222 times.
Page 434 of 434
Instructor
#10826 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:03 PM
Default My discovery of the Day!
This is so lame... I tried to start the ctrl+shift+c cheat from the pick a save screen, and it worked.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10827 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 6:11 PM
What use could it have? Can you enable testingcheats from the main menu?

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Top Secret Researcher
#10828 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:36 AM
Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

I also have a Simblr: sweetdevil-sims, where I post downloads!
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
pocci/gardenbreeze CC reupload
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10829 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:09 PM
I also dimly remember that in order to use the cheat that adds lifetime happiness points to individual Sims you have to have testingcheatsenabled on before you enter a save.
Theorist
#10830 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:15 PM
I know that some cheats I have set up to run automatically via NRaas Overwatch (freerealestate, disableclothingfilter on, and restrictbuildbuyonlots false) can suddenly randomly not work despite the code being entered, which sucks massively

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
#10831 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdevil
Don't quote me on this, but I think the last cheat used is remembered across save changes i.e. you play a game, exit to menu, then load another save (or the same one). As long as you don't close the game completely, it should remember the last cheat.

This may explain what just happened to me. I was working in one of my story saves and I had both 'testingcheatsenabled' & 'moviemakercheatsenabled' set to on. As I usually do when working on stories, I shift clicked on the mail box to make motives static. When I'd finished shooting I quit (without saving) to the main menu and decided to play another save for a little. When it had loaded I immediately notice that my sim, who had just gone to bed the last time I played, was out of bed with the 'well rested' moodlet. When I checked, all her other needs were at maximum. I was going to leave it at that, but then I noticed the needs bars weren't falling and the energy bar had green arrows to the right as if it were still increasing. I've had that happen before, and now I see that it must have been caused by the cheats I used in the previous save. In future I shall have to remember to turn them off when I've finished.

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer * Simblr: The Newcomb Saga
"Well, the way things are can go and eat a dick then!" - Lolita Scumthorpe
Page 434 of 434