Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 3560 (Who?), Viewed: 123425 times.
Page 143 of 143
Mad Poster
#3551 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:47 PM
It all depends on why and how it was done. When my ex punched a wall, it was clear to me that he was thinking of hitting me and the whole act was one of intimidation. When Xander on Buffy the Vampire Slayer punched a wall, it was because he felt overwhelmingly helpless in the face of sorrow on behalf of himself and his friends when one of their parents died.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#3552 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:42 PM
It's probably not a positive coping mechanism either way. My point was on the scale of 1 to Charlie Sheen, Petty's punching a wall wasn't a big deal.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Theorist
#3553 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:41 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Oct 2017 at 7:40 AM.
Just racked with unnecessary baggage in the form of anxiety.

My father got to talking. Every year since graduation from the vocational program at 21, my father brings up a "crossroads talk". These talks usually start either after a major victory or from birthdays and New Year celebrations.

It starts with a sentence from my father asking along the lines of "What do you want to conquer next?" So far, I have ideas of

1.) Building up my workshop in the basement to also include a TV Studio Set (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, eat your heart out) and a kickboxing area (my legs were known to leave people in shock and awe in high school, but I was on track and field.)

2.) Upgrade my upstairs entertainment center, which is where I do most of my A\V work and play videos, CDs with music and play videogames.

3.) Work on my Steam Sonic Collection. Work on my The Sims 4 Collection. Buy binders for my disc games. Buy binders for my CDs and DVDs. However, l've yet to see certain Disney movies and older competitors to jump to Blu-Ray. I also have a nitpicky way of buying DVDs in chronological order.

4. Spend time at the nail salon. I just hope they don't charge extra for work for my callouses on my big toes and the knuckles of my toes.

I honestly am flipped out, because only Grandpa Ernie, Grandma Barb and Uncle John RSVP'd for the big party on the 28th. I still need dad to buy mom's Boston Cream Pie Cake and my New York Style Cheesecake for the 21st because it's my maternal aunt and her boyfriend's only Saturday off from their jobs.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Theorist
DELETED POST
13th Oct 2017 at 2:14 AM
This message has been deleted by Shoosh Malooka.
Scholar
#3554 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:27 AM
Why are cat trees and litter boxes only ever designed for kittens or kitten size cats? Do these companies just take the average measurement of a cat and use that as their litter box size? With no regard to how they might need to, you know, MOVE ABOUT in it?

First world issue, I know; though I'm not sure the cats would agree.

My downloads archived at Wordpress.
My photo blog at Tumblr.
Theorist
#3555 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 8:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblebeam
Why are cat trees and litter boxes only ever designed for kittens or kitten size cats? Do these companies just take the average measurement of a cat and use that as their litter box size? With no regard to how they might need to, you know, MOVE ABOUT in it?

First world issue, I know; though I'm not sure the cats would agree.

I had this issue for 13 years with my cat Socks, a Norwegian Forest Cat\Maine Coon mix and she was BIG. We actually used a long flat rectangular storage box from Rubbermaid to accommodate her giant build once she was fully grown for her litter box. She wasn't so much into premade toys as the pet care industry would have led you to believe. She was fond of boxes and bottle caps and other plastic remnants of our food containers.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Mad Poster
#3556 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:21 PM
I never thought of the rubbermaid box. I'll have to look into that. Both my puddies are Main Coons, and though they are both of the miniature variety, they are still big kitties. Even little Mooshu, who was so tiny when my son rescued her from the bush she had been calling home since she was abandoned, is growing quickly. She has become such a beautiful kitty. She's still small compared to Tweedle, But when I see her in their box I wonder how either of them is comfortable in there. Definitely going to have to look into that.

Thanks, PandaQueen and thanks, Bubblebeam for bringing it up

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Scholar
#3557 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 1:19 PM
So, been working as a pharmacist since February at a couple of different pharmacies. Both have gone to shit really quickly over the past few weeks.

Job 1: Large pharmacy. Probably one of the best managed pharmacies I've been at. Great staff, runs smoothly. Head office dipshits came in, made the excellent pharmacist manager redundant, began cutting everyone's hours. Being a busy pharmacy with half of the required staff and no actual manager you can guess how that's going. A good friend from uni who got me a job there is leaving in a week. Another pharmacist I've befriended (and who is one of the best pharmacists I've ever met) has also just left. I'm thinking I might do a week then bail before it goes tits up.

Job 2: Smaller pharmacy I work part time at a few days a week. I'm basically doing the work of a manager but not actually getting paid for it, as the actual manager works at other pharmacies within the company that are all over the country. The other pharmacist who works there has been doing a lot of sleazy, unethical and illegal shit that I'm debating on reporting to the health professional registration board.

So...time to update the resume. I was kind of fantasying about moving to New Zealand but maybe down the line in a year or something, but maybe this is a sign to just go for it.

tl;dr: I only post in this thread when my job is a dumpster fire.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Theorist
#3558 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:05 PM
I hate my panic attacks. The nausea, the overtightened joints and trouble breathing. I'm waiting for my father to pick up my pills tomorrow morning because the dipshit who decided the Pharmacy closes on Saturday at 5:00PM makes it hard for those of us who seek non emergency care during the week (In my situation, all entities I work with for benefits of any sort are closed during the weekend and if you run out of something on Friday, you'll experience a hell those of us involved with government deal with only know so well).

I find it irritating that I have taken up numerous languages and dialects over the course of my almost 30 years of life and I am the type to say blessings in the native language. It irritates me further that I can't share my knowledge with people because of aforementioned panic attacks.

I am great at product prototyping, I suck at advertising.

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#3559 Old 14th Oct 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
I was kind of fantasying about moving to New Zealand but maybe down the line in a year or something, but maybe this is a sign to just go for it.

Go for it! Life's too short.
Test Subject
#3560 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 2:27 AM
I used to get bad panic attacks growing up, and it was really painful to go through them every time and sometimes I'd get made fun of for it. and I also don't get why the pharmacy would close at 5 PM, that's a bit too early for it to close in my opinion.

I updated my signature, but I still don't know what to add here!
Theorist
#3561 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 3:30 PM
It's so that we'll rediscover how urgently we need the pharmaceutical industry to provide our addictive medicine.
Page 143 of 143