Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#4276 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 8:57 AM
Today I sent a fully-playable Christy Stratton to a community lot I'd built, basically just a large indoor space with some hot tubs, poker table, chess set, and a BBQ with some tables. And a few couches. It's designed as a place for sims to hook up. I noticed someone there that Christy barely knew but double-bolted with, so I put Christy on a couch and got the other sim to join her. They sat there and chatted, getting on quite well, but Christy was getting a bit hungry.

Then, quite unbidden by me, another sim used the BBQ to serve up some hot dogs. I sent Christy over to get a plate. I expected her to sit at one of the tables, but no, she picked up her plate, walked past at least three tables and went back to the couch, to continue her conversation while she ate.

I thought that was rather nice.
Advertisement
Inventor
#4277 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 9:06 AM
It's details like those that make Sims 2 special.

(Not so much when they prepare dishes in the bathrooms to be closer to their lovers and go down several stairs to ride up an elevator to the 5th floor to leave plates though...)
Mad Poster
#4278 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Hahaha, this reminds me of Sims 4 when a son was furious at the father for kissing his mother because he was in love with the mother. I ended up deleting the son and recreating him to get rid of that ridiculous glitch.

Sigmund Freud would be proud!
Inventor
#4279 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:14 PM
Oh, dear, from Dad Jokes to Your Mom Jokes.

Mad Poster
#4280 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:58 PM
Any kind of kiss satisfies the generic "Kiss" want. So I read that as a desire for physical intimacy with loved ones of all stripes, not just for romantic partners. So a Romance sim single mother who's getting antsy can kiss her toddler and remember what's truly important to her.

Sweetest kiss story I know (I trust Aegagropilon will forgive me for sharing this, since she can't be around much right now): Aegagropilon was playtesting Widespot for me and got Mary and Valentine engaged. Rhett made best friends with her and rolled a want to kiss her. After the wedding he went up to her and family kissed her, filling the want without opening a huge can of worms.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4281 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 3:38 PM
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4282 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:36 PM
I learned the hard way that you can indeed get cockroaches inside the house. I only ever got it outside so I thought inside was no risk. Leaving a lot of trash on the floor for long periods of time in between taking trash to the compost is not an alternative anymore... o.o
Top Secret Researcher
#4283 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Yup. I remember that there used to be a glitch (or do I have a fix?) wherein toddlers could "suck faces" with older sims - now that was just... Nope.

Edit: Ah, here it is: http://www.cyjon.net/node/294

Hahaha, this reminds me of Sims 4 when a son was furious at the father for kissing his mother because he was in love with the mother. I ended up deleting the son and recreating him to get rid of that ridiculous glitch.

HAHAHAHAHA! I literally LOL:ed
Inventor
#4284 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Sketching : 20th Oct 2017 at 6:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
HAHAHAHAHA! I literally LOL:ed

Imagine my horror when the kid suddenly started watering the plants with his tears then finding the sad moodlet "Drifting Love - Caught the love of his life flirting with another. Are they joking around or losing interest?" on the son. The mother was hiding in her bed with the embarrassed moodlet "Caught with Another - Maybe it's not such a good idea to have multiple relationships at once, especially if one's supposed to be a secret."

The worst part was probably the father's moodlet: Great Relief! - Sharing the emotional burden with their spouse is a great relief for any Sim. Just... what? You wanted this to happen?
Mad Poster
#4285 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 7:32 PM
I accidentally teleported *NPCSkunkSkin onto a lot. It looked like this.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#4286 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 7:54 PM
I don't even need to teleport him in. He's always lurking around!

(Too amused to actually ban him though.)

Edit: @ihatemandatoryregister Your skunk somehow reminds me of a corndog...
Mad Poster
#4287 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 9:55 PM
I was also playing around in an AGS that had only four mods: nounlinkondelete, creaturefixes, Macrotastics, and an old version of Sun&Moon's Wild Herbs and Spices. I just wanted to see an interesting glitch in action.

I plopped down some deadly nightshade on a lot and moved in a family. They got out of the taxi, went over to "what's this?" at the nightshade, and dropped dead.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4288 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:30 PM
Actually discovered this the other day, but...adding LGU to my hood added a 4 new teens! Obviously, one is the paper carrier, and two are cashiers...but who's that other girl? They really stand out, because Four Corners-Bitville only had 5 teens to begin with (1 paper carrier, 2 cashiers, and 2 playables).

It is kind of nice to see the poor, overworked cashiers get a day off here and there. I even saw one walking by on a lot in his outerwear! :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#4289 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:38 AM
I may have felt obliged to put three registers in one of the off-campus lots, which would give you a total of three cashiers. If she's not wearing an apron, I don't know where she came from.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4290 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 12:50 AM
Ah, that would make sense. I did go through most of the LGU lots, but I don't think I actually counted registers.

Another thing I learned last night but forgot to post until just now: my game really hangs when the pond is freezing over and a witch is flying in at the same time. I was just like..."What is happening?!!" And then I was like, "Oh. Oh, okay then."
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4291 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:39 AM
"there are mods to prevent those witches..."

for just that reason. I never let a witch come to a community lot EVER. due to the game freezing.
Mad Poster
#4292 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 2:51 AM
I like them showing up, but I just don't like how they show up. But in a way it makes sense...something something magical feedback something rift distortion something? (But would it kill them to just walk onto the lot like a normal person? )
Inventor
#4293 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:13 AM
Last night, while hanging out at the 50's style diner downtown, I overheard evil cackling from the elderly hostess. It baffled me as I could've sworn I banned both head witches and witches using the visitor controller.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Inventor
#4294 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
Last night, while hanging out at the 50's style diner downtown, I overheard evil cackling from the elderly hostess. It baffled me as I could've sworn I banned both head witches and witches using the visitor controller.

She's planning to feed you to the mob!
Mad Poster
#4295 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5

Is the hostess really mean? Sometimes sims in my game with a very low Nice/Mean rating will do that.
Mad Poster
#4296 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 5:46 PM
It's only the head witches who arrive like that. Normal ones just walk... I think??

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#4297 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 5:53 PM
I've had several witch/warlock sims and they're rather inconsistent in their grand entrances - most of the time they fly in, but oddly enough, without the dreaded LAG, though sometimes they just walk in and out of the lot. Maybe they ran out of broom fuel.

The Head Witches are the Harbingers of LAG (emphasis always needed), but why, oh why, do they Magivestigium themselves in their respective fortresses? I'm so tempted to mod them to do the same everywhere.
Inventor
#4298 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Is the hostess really mean? Sometimes sims in my game with a very low Nice/Mean rating will do that.

Perhaps.

What's interesting was she cackled after she hung up on somebody, so who knows what fabricated story she came up with. I wouldn't hire any employee in a restaurant if I knew they were dishonest.

I can check by making her selectable, but if she really is mean, then that's a first for me. Again, since I'm not familiar with very crude Sims, the only behaviors I've witnessed are when they cheat at chess, when they always look impatient in the middle of a conversation, and when sometimes they appear pissed for no reason. Oh, and other Sims yelling at them because their reputation has hit rock bottom.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#4299 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 11:17 PM
Maybe not so much something I discovered while "playing" the game as such, but "English UK" has become my new magic go-to for fixing all sorts of weird "not showing up properly" garbage on CC in my game. So far it's been working extremely well for stubborn and annoying custom foods; now I just need to see if it will also work for deco objects...

On a related note, I also discovered that "English UK" is an entirely different language from "English." Who knew?
Scholar
#4300 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:25 AM
Today I had a townie Sim call my Sim and say something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm Amin. I heard my friend had a great time with you on an outing. Do you want to go downtown with me now?" Amin now appears in my Sim's relationship panel with a slightly greyed-out icon, and is described as "contact."

Funny how you can play this game for years and still have it throw out something new.
Page 172 of 445