Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 4:56 PM
Default Who's your favorite pre-made townie and why? Did you expect them to be a fav?
Mine is unexpectedly Constance Shelley because of a strange romance she had with Hal Breckenridge from Riverview. They met at the library and immediately sparks flew. Constance rolled wishes for her first kiss, dates, etc. Hal was extremely attentive and excited when she got pregnant, as well. Since his wish was to have 10 lovers, though, he ended up having another romantic interest and Constance found out. The funny thing is, after she found out he was cheating, she rolled a want to marry him. It was by far the weirdest sim-relationship that my game has generated so far.

Do you have any weird stories about your favorites? I just had to share since I managed to get my game running after getting a new computer and the nostalgia has been overwhelming!

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 5:58 PM
Dyno Marx from Roaring Heights and Camillo Mancini from Monte VIsta are the only premade Sims to have had the honor of marrying my legacy heirs.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 7:47 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 16th Sep 2019 at 8:00 PM.
I won't name favourites but there's been a few Bridgeport premades I've blessed with the luxury of continued existence. There's a universe where Matthew Hamming married one of my gals. Renee Littler is an acquaintance of a friend. To my knowledge a few others also still exist under different names. Some have been de-aged, others have had their appearances altered beyond recognition. Renee is the same age in both centuries, in fact, but that's not something reserved for premades. Strangely enough there's two virtually identical women called Isabella Gausset living in both centuries, and neither of them know the other.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Sep 2019 at 9:59 PM
Constance Shelley is also a favorite of mine. The Brokes (minus Flo and Flat) are my favorite family in Riverview. Sherman Bagley is pretty easy to catch and keep and he's a good father. I don't know why, but I just keep returning to Riverview. I think it's because it doesn't have a shoreline to break my immersion with palm trees and sunsets.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Field Researcher
#5 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 3:02 AM
Oddly enough, the Rackets (all of them), Penny Pincher and Clark Peddler from Twinbrook (where I'm currently playing ATM) After a teeny bit of sim surgery; they are pretty fun. Clark is just such a.... creep; and the Rackets are hilarious. The youngest Racket male (forgot his name) ain't half bad once you de-Eaxis him. Their estranged brother Dudley, is a neat guy, too.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Constance Shelley is also a favorite of mine. The Brokes (minus Flo and Flat) are my favorite family in Riverview. Sherman Bagley is pretty easy to catch and keep and he's a good father. I don't know why, but I just keep returning to Riverview. I think it's because it doesn't have a shoreline to break my immersion with palm trees and sunsets.

Agreed, even though Riverview is 'basic' compared to other worlds, that and Sunset Valley are ones I always play.

“Everybody shut up!”-Sherlock
Forum Resident
#7 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 5:17 PM
It's funny. Over time I think I've grown attached to Sunset Valley and many of the sims in it, despite all of the choices available. I never have been able to pin down why, it's sort of hard to even explain. I guess sort of like the same feeling you get with neighbors that live next to you. You may not know all of them by name, but you've probably seen them out and about often and still feel like you "know" them. It's just a nice quaint feeling.

Have to give it to EA, they really nailed that small-town community feeling with SV. It may be an architectural nightmare and the people living there really need makeovers, but it's still great.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Inventor
#8 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 8:34 PM
I don't think I have any... I have a soft spot for the Goths, since I played with them a lot in Sims 1 & 2 but hardly touched them in 3.
I prefer kicking everyone out and putting my own families in town.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
Constance Shelley is also a favorite of mine.

I swear I am not trying to just jump on the bandwagon, but I was excited to hear others loved Constance as much as I do! In my game, she's dated Billy Caspian for a bit, but decided to break up with him.. I don't recall why, though. After, she spent some time in Champs les Sims to further her career. I imagine her as being a secretive, mildly cold woman with a smoking habit. To be fair, I've only played the Sunset Valley Sims and half of Riverview. After I've rotated through Sunset Valley for the second time, I'm going back to Riverview and then may move to another world.

I have liked all the premade Sims I've played thus far, so it's hard to say, but I think Connor Frio may be my second favorite. I'm a little worried when I start playing some of the later worlds, though. I know the Sims of Aurora Heights are not very fleshed out at all.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
It's funny. Over time I think I've grown attached to Sunset Valley and many of the sims in it, despite all of the choices available. I never have been able to pin down why, it's sort of hard to even explain. I guess sort of like the same feeling you get with neighbors that live next to you. You may not know all of them by name, but you've probably seen them out and about often and still feel like you "know" them. It's just a nice quaint feeling.

Have to give it to EA, they really nailed that small-town community feeling with SV. It may be an architectural nightmare and the people living there really need makeovers, but it's still great.

SV was a great world to start with. It's pretty much perfect for the scope and style of TS3, it's generic enough to appeal to everyone and memorable enough to go back to it years and years after you last played in it. I wouldn't say it's the best world EA ever made for TS3 but all around, it has many qualities.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 10:18 PM
I don't really play the premades but sometimes my sims will pick them up into the family. Overall I've gotten the most entertainment out of Jason Hendrix from Lucky Palms so I'm going with him. My sim married him (for fame and social standing, lol) and they had an agreeable marriage and a kid until I accidentally pushed him to make a major lifestyle choice. I misclicked on "Alluring" instead of "Amusing" greet on their male maid and not only were they both into it, from that moment on he rolled romantic wish after romantic wish about that damn maid until I finally gave up and let them have their affair. My sim caught them in bed one day and promptly kicked him out and divorced him and proceeded to date/marry one of his best friends, lol. I decided to roll with it and now the story in my head is that all the womanizing was to keep up appearances and he really wants to get with that hot cop guy, don't remember his name.

That save has turned into a complete soap opera and honestly I'm having the most fun with it
Field Researcher
#12 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
I don't really play the premades but sometimes my sims will pick them up into the family. Overall I've gotten the most entertainment out of Jason Hendrix from Lucky Palms so I'm going with him. My sim married him (for fame and social standing, lol) and they had an agreeable marriage and a kid until I accidentally pushed him to make a major lifestyle choice. I misclicked on "Alluring" instead of "Amusing" greet on their male maid and not only were they both into it, from that moment on he rolled romantic wish after romantic wish about that damn maid until I finally gave up and let them have their affair. My sim caught them in bed one day and promptly kicked him out and divorced him and proceeded to date/marry one of his best friends, lol. I decided to roll with it and now the story in my head is that all the womanizing was to keep up appearances and he really wants to get with that hot cop guy, don't remember his name.

That save has turned into a complete soap opera and honestly I'm having the most fun with it

LOL That DOES sound awesome. Some of the best stories in-game happen with a misclick or a game hiccup, I find!

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 11:09 AM
I really love playing with the Alvi family from SV. Really not sure why, but I love making stories for VJ.

I also like Emma Hatch. She rocks & rolls.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:04 PM
Also, Constance cleans up real nice! In my latest save she hooked up with Don Lothario and they have 2 kids. I was playing as the Brokes and planned to create a super awkward situation where Ruby broke them up, got with Don, and then Buck swooped in and married Constance, adding two stepkids to the brood... But then there was a flu epidemic and half the town died.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:05 PM
I was playing a rather staid business man in Sunset Valley. His work was his life, and he ended up owning the deeds to almost all of the community lots. Then one day, he ordered a pizza. That's when he met the unnatural red-haired Autumn Cusack, with whom he fell deeply in love with. I like to think she emboldened him. They married and started their new life together as tomb raiders in Al Simhara.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Alchemist
#16 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:18 PM
I've always loved and still love Bebe Hart. Not only does she have a big heart (Good trait) but there is something so tragical, beautiful and yet warm about her. The times she has moved into my household I've liked her just as much, or even more, as the first sim.

what does his name even mean?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 9:48 PM
Interesting question! In my main town, premades usually get booted out so it's the destination towns where they can still (somewhat) thrive. I do love Amy Bull in Twinbrook though. In uni, Derek Khan is my favourite, hands down, he's just lovely (and easy to torture by making him have kids). And then there's Zhan Su in Shang Simla, who really lives up to his Good trait usually, so I'm very fond of him as well.

omnis mundi creatura
Instructor
#18 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 12:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
...it's the destination towns where they can still (somewhat) thrive... In uni, Derek Khan is my favourite, hands down, he's just lovely (and easy to torture by making him have kids)...

Oh yeah!! I completely forgot about Uni Sims. Kyle Heilman is my favorite from there!! When I first started playing Sunset Valley and sent River McIrish to college, she met him there and he was a werewolf; which I think is the reason I love him so! He's now married to River and they are going to have tons and tons of dogs (and werebabies) to have a proper pack.

I've since also reset the Uni world in that save game, so I get to have two Kyles running about.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 4:37 AM
Branch Timbley, strangely enough! I had made a fat nerdy sim named Greg Bernard (his daughter has been my pfp for years) who wrote sci-fi and fantasy books for a living. The first day I moved him into Moonlight Falls I sent him to the graveyard and found Branch, who looked almost exactly like him! And with Greg being a paranormal enthusiast and Branch a fairy, they became best friends almost instantly. I had that save for an incredibly long time since I play with aging off usually, so long that it became unplayable due to lag and load times, but Branch was there through the whole thing. For the birth of Greg's alien son, for his marriage to the alien that abducted and impregnated him, for the birth of other child and their eventual weddings... Those are my fondest memories of TS3
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 4:20 PM Last edited by NikkeiSimmer : 5th Nov 2019 at 4:49 PM.
My favorite premade townie is River McIrish from Sunset Valley’s Single Moms Household.

She may not be much to look at straight out of EA as a teen but once I finish with her and she’s a young adult...

She becomes the hottest looking gal in town.

That husband-stealing blonde tramp (what was her name? Oh, Jamie Jolina) doesn’t even compare.

Did I expect River to be a favourite? No, but researching into her back-story in Sunset Valley; it’s interesting the parallels that she has with my real life wife.

River: raised by her mother; father nowhere to be found. River has close ties with her mother.

My RL wife, Heather: raised by her mother; father ditched their family when she was six. My wife has deep,close ties with her mother.

When I put down the coffee maker I found River standing in front of it waiting for a cup of coffee tapping her foot impatiently. That is so like my RL wife. I don’t dare go near my wife until she’s had her first cup of coffee for the day. I wanna live until tomorrow. :D

Other similarities: River’s supposedly Irish or whatever the Sims equivalent is. My wife is Irish-American. My wife is a red-head; River is a redhead.

Yeah I didn’t start out with River being my favourite premade sim. It just “happened”. And evidently I can’t stop playing with het. yeah there’s a dirty joke in there somewhere. .
Field Researcher
#21 Old 6th Nov 2019 at 9:34 PM
Can't say exactly why, but I always liked Zahra Diwan from Lucky Palms. I also have a soft spot for the Shues from Hidden Springs.