Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How can I place wallpaper on half walls so that the top shows instead of bottom?
I tried searching the threads but to be honest, I'm not even sure how to find what I'm looking for- I've tried several di

I have the mod/CC that allows you to place different sorts of walls- but how can I place wallpaper on these walls so that the top half of the wallpaper shows and not the bottom? I've seen it in several lots, including one I'm editing, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 2:24 PM
You need another wall with the top color only, or one with the colors reversed. You could also use a different wall that co-ordinates with the it. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 5:57 PM
Half-walls are what they are. The bottom half of walls.

If you have Homecrafter Plus you can clone the wallpaper and use Paint or something to flip the design upside down like Duine said.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 10:38 PM
I thought there was some buildmode cheat that let you do that. When I place the same piece of wallpaper on the half walls, I get two different results. I know there is a way to do it without using a different piece of wallpaper, I just don't know what the cheat is called or how it works.
Instructor
#5 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 11:03 PM Last edited by cutsocks : 29th Jan 2017 at 11:39 PM.
Disclaimer: TS3 builder here, and I haven't built in TS2 in forever. So it it is possible I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Does CFE work? In Sims 3, half walls (and the gable walls created by roofs and those created by stairs) tile from the bottom up. All other walls, including foundation, tile from the top down. So if you shorten the height of a normal wall with CFE, the top of that shortened wall will have the top of the wallpaper. If that is also how it works in Sims 2, then that might be a solution for you. And hopefully a TS2 person can tell you how to CFE.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:04 AM
After seeing your question and having a mental blank I went into game to test this. The top half of the paper will show on a wall that has been CFE'd down.

here is an example.

Just adding as was told to me by MSD.

Base Game: (and various EPs through Apartment Life):
Normal wall - aligned at bottom
Foundation wall - aligned at top

Mansion and Garden
All walls - aligned at top

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 12:36 AM
I don't have any of the 'stuff packs' but I DO have all the EPs. But I'm not familiar with how to place 'foundation walls'.

I have that game mod "custom walls" by numenor but I'm not sure if that allows you to do what I want to do. I've messed around with it a bit but haven't been able to get the wallpaper to position correctly.

I couldn't figure out what "CFE" meant so I googled it. LOL. I think thats the cheat I was thinking of. I'm gonna check MTS, Google and YT for tutorials on how to use it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 1:12 AM
CFE is a building cheat. 'BoolProp constrainFloorElevation' false or true, I have my cheats all down to short cuts. The easy way is build a box out of wall, at least 4 wide. Cover with floor tile and turn on your cheat. Place modular stairs onto the top of your wall tiles. Use the terrain tool to smooth it down. Then repeat until your wall is the height you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Jan 2017 at 1:14 AM
Moo's journal

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...