Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:40 AM Last edited by Fennel27 : 26th Jul 2017 at 4:50 AM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Lot turned into a big white glitchy nightmare upon going to neighborhood view (solved)
I've been working on this lot for about 20 hours in separate sessions. It's a community beach lot in a tropical vacation neighborhood. Had to mess with cfe a good bit but there are no slanted walls or anything that looks off, and the edges are unmodified. I started up the game and entered the lot today, did nothing but add furniture to the inside of a building, left to neighborhood view and see the disaster I've attached in a screenshot. I can still enter the lot and it looks perfectly normal there. I have not done anything but build in-game since starting the lot, and there were no changes to my custom content, settings or computer between today and when I saved and quit yesterday (the last time I played before this happened). Doesn't seem to be happening with any other lot.

I've followed the instructions for game problems - removed all my CC, deleted all my cache files, went to patch my game and all the patches said it was already up to date. None of this has fixed the issue. I doubt it's fixable, but this is a large, complex lot I've put a ton of time in so I'd really like to not lose it.

The only other problem I'm having with my game is that I've been getting this in Hoodchecker for about 8 months. Looked into it more today and I'm pretty sure it's related to a multiple pollination technician I made/modified using this tutorial: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2541

User File Warnings:
Sim has no Character file: 0x0036 SimID=0x0088940D
Sim has no Character file: 0x0037 SimID=0x0088940F
Sim has no Character file: 0x0038 SimID=0x00889410
Sim has no Character file: 0x0039 SimID=0x0088940E

This is the only other occurence of this issue I could find, but my user startup file does not have boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, and the solution they found doesn't work for me.

http://uoem.com/forums/threads/corr...t-preview.7800/

Is there anything I can do to salvage this lot, and should I be worried about corruption now?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/24/2017, 21:57:28
Machine name: XPS420
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170512-0600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell XPS420
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3070MB RAM
Page File: 2378MB used, 3759MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8400GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_10C3&SUBSYS_83CC1043&REV_A2
Display Memory: 2257 MB
Dedicated Memory: 978 MB
Shared Memory: 1278 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: SyncMaster
Monitor Id: SAM011F
Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz)
Output Type: HD15
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.3523 (English)
Driver Version: 9.18.13.3523
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/4/2014 10:35:23, 17755424 bytes
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_10280215&REV_1002
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 65535
Type: WDM
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.01.7601.17514 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 11/20/2010 23:23:47, 350208 bytes
------------------------
Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives
------------------------
Drive: E:
Free Space: 108.7 GB
Total Space: 321.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: WDC WD6400AAKS-65A7B2 ATA Device
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 10:40 AM
I hope somebody more informed comes along, but it seems to me that it is a graphics issue and not a game problem. So you have been looking at the wrong solutions. I also think a thumbnail refers to the pic in the build, buy or lot catalog, so it is not that.

Things looking weird or wrong in hood view is not uncommon, it may need you to change some settings, since I believe that is a good graphics card. You may need to change some of the graphic rules. Have a look on Leefish here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446.

The four sims without character files are probably a set of pollination technicians (or whatever they are called), - it is normal for those not to have character files, should not be a problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 3:19 PM
They had both issues with the thumbnails and the issue I've got - one of the photos attached shows it. Doesn't seem to be the same cause though.

I'll try that when I get off work.

Okay, that's good to know. I've been playing this neighborhood for two years and built it myself so it'd suck to lose it to corruption.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:31 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 5:34 PM
Something's gone wrong when the Lot Imposter was generated. Can't say what - it might be related to your graphics card. The white colour (picture's a bit small and I can't tell) is possibly the default texture the game uses when stuff goes wrong. The first thing I'd do is go back into the lot, change something (anything) and then resave. That forces the game to update the Lot Imposter.

The sims with no character files are your poll tech mod and are not related.

Trouble with thumbnails is quite common and can be fixed by simply deleting the Thumbnails folder in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims - though that's a bit annoying to do as the game will then spend the next few sessions regenerating them. Have you tried shift-clicking on the thumbnails (or is it shift-right clicking) - that allows you to force them to refresh one-by-one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Fennel27 : 26th Jul 2017 at 4:49 AM.
My thumbnails are fine; its just the neighborhood view issue. I did delete my thumbnail folder anyway though.

Yeah, I doubted it was related but I'm glad to know that's normal and fine.

I'll try everything when I get home and update. If its still doing this after I'll try to post a better picture.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it!

Edit - Changing something on the lot and saving fixed the issue. Very glad it was that easy, though I feel silly for not thinking to try it first. Thanks!