Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:56 PM Last edited by MochaBerries : 28th Mar 2017 at 8:28 AM. Reason: Has to do with the game
Default Dropbox heads up
It's been announced that cc links from dropbox will be disabled to the public in early september of this year and some creators who used dropbox have left the community. For the past week some links have been disabled already by dropbox which is a bummer. I cannot remember who all used dropbox but here's a couple who are at risk so go on a spree soon. Veranka and trapping are two that I know of and a few of trapping's links have already been disabled.

Stay to yourself and pretend like no one else exists.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 7:39 AM
What the?

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
What the?

Problem ?

dodgy builder
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 10:36 AM
Annonced where, and what is the point in this. To bad I didn't check this out put before I sent my comp off for a checkup.

Is dropbox being closed or what?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:42 AM
There was an announced message about shared files (or folders?) being set to private for users a few months ago, but I can't relocate the message. I think the problem was that you'd need to fix all the links to make them shared again, but I'm not sure if sharing links would become impossible, and I'm not sure it was for free users only. They somehow managed to announce it as a "feature" for higher security or something.
dodgy builder
#6 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There was an announced message about shared files (or folders?) being set to private for users a few months ago, but I can't relocate the message. I think the problem was that you'd need to fix all the links to make them shared again, but I'm not sure if sharing links would become impossible, and I'm not sure it was for free users only. They somehow managed to announce it as a "feature" for higher security or something.

That's just perfect! I will have to check 200 houses for that 1 link to dropbox. I know I didn't use it much more than once.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:32 PM
Trapping's Stuff on SFS: http://simfileshare.net/folder/12851/
(I have no idea if that's all of it or not, I just know it was collected and uploaded.)

Screenshot (have to click the link to see it) of the email Dropbox sent out (courtesy of Shastakiss): http://shastakiss.tumblr.com/post/1...ared-at-dropbox

So no, Dropbox isn't closing, they're just making it harder to maintain links. They're ending support for the Public folder, which means that anyone who uploaded something from their Public folder will need to hunt their links down and replace them with a new link - either from Dropbox or elsewhere. (I have an account but never shared anything with a Dropbox link but Dropbox can still kiss my ass.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:16 PM
^^Hear, hear!

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 3:29 PM
Sorry I did not link the message I was tired last night and just thought I'd share. I was looking for holysimoly wall recolors by an older simmer I thought I grabbed them last month but it turns out I skipped over them *tsk so I go back to get it and bam dropbox disabled it already when it was working four weeks ago.I tested a few links with trapping(a few things I already have)and those links were disabled too. Just wanted to warn people that's all. Thanks for the trapping stuff link that will cut my spree time in half.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:59 PM
So if I've only shared links from the regular folder and none from the so-called shared folder (there is a "shared" folder, but I can't find a "public" folder on my account - but I know there used to be a setting for private and public files), will they still show up fine?

Haven't had anyone complain that links no longer work, but for all I know, my links might be the next ones to go. I find the whole Dropbox thing confusing...

I've got almost 2 GB of files there, which means a LOT of links...
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 3:35 AM
Oh that's lovely. Hope I won't need to download any off-MTS CC in the next few weeks.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here