Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#101 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 9:28 PM
I'll try as long as I possibally can! :D

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 6:24 PM
Is also disappointed; I wanted them to go for someone a bit older than Tennant as we've already had 3 1/2 series worth of a young Doctor. Hopefully his acting credentals (pretty good for someone of his age) will mean he's a decent enough actor and that they haven't missed casted along with Steven Moffat's writing means we have a good series lined up in 2010 after the Specials. I'm not very hopeful though and my expectations are rather low.
Original Poster
#103 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 1:59 PM
What did people think of the Easter special? Personally, I felt it was a bit of a letdown considering how long we've had to wait. It would've been better as a series ep.

But pointless spooky foreshadowing ftw! XD
Theorist
#104 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:14 PM
I watched it on Sunday (woot!BBCThreeRepeat) and I liked it
I could tell that they have been Definitely been working more on Camera Angles and CGI because it seemed so much *more* seamless - and I thought it was seamless BEFORE!
If you take a look at the first few episodes of "New Who" you will be shocked at the Camera quality and/or CGI. Dr Who has gained more budget and more confident as time has gone on. They are practicing their skillz, Training them up and making a better eye-kandy show - which is very cool

Storyline I thought was.. ok, I didn't really expect something like The Last episodes of Donna's Reign because nothing had been lead up to it, so all was fine.
Next Episode however;
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMASTERRETURNZ!!!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#105 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:15 PM
I loved the assisstant - Lady Christina de Souza - thought she was one of the best ones and she wasn't all "Doctor! Save me!" at any point, which made a refreshing change. Frankly thought the entire thing was a bit weird - even for Doctor Who.
As for the flying bus thing - he said it changed it with alien technology, so how the hell did she automatically figure out how to work it?

On the other hand, David Tennant is always good to watch :D

Wait, the Master's back???? Is John Simm playing him again? :D

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Theorist
#106 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alissa888
...she wasn't all "Doctor! Save me!" at any point, which made a refreshing change....
....technology, so how the hell did she automatically figure out how to work it?....
....John Simm playing him again?...

Well, IIRC, Donna wasn't *really* like that at the start either :read:

He said he changed the way the engine works, So all the controlls were the same as he just wired the two up together - She just drove a bus, thats all!

I heard that Jhon Simm was still playing him, so I hope that it true! Confuzzles me how I thought he regenerated into a Woman though...
(Last scene where there is a womanly hand clutching the Fob Watch)

OH THE CONSPIRACYZ!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#107 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 3:17 PM
Lol, that is true, Donna wasn't like that either, though she never did the whole "Yeah, I can cope perfectly well without you" as much as Christina.
Ah, okay - I thought it was this whole new system and she just immediately figured it out. My bad, lol.
Oh, and I had to giggle when Malcolm kept hanging up on the Doctor. Lee Evans is brilliant :D

Oh! I thought the woman was Lucy Saxon, there was something seriously weird between the Master and her... she knew what he was like and she stuck with him, he probably was abusive towards her before he accomplished world domination (remember when he kept opening the door when the journalist was getting cut to pieces by the Doomsday Beachballs, even thought it was clear she was getting traumatised by it?), and he was clearly physically abusing her afterwards (bruises on her face and all) and despite the fact that she could have shot him at any point (he did let her get pretty close to him), she chooses to do it after he's been taken down already...?
The red fingernails at the end of that episode were very matching to the red dress she was wearing and well, she is deranged enough to laugh like a maniac.

Great to hear that John Simm might still be play him :D

Original Poster
#108 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 5:45 PM
I laughed so much when Malcolm kept hanging up on the Doctor- bless him, the guy was so confused. :D

That was a man's laugh at the end, wasn't it? Maybe the Master's ghostie watching over her, but I dunno...

Having John Simm back would be awesome though. :D
#109 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:57 PM
Maybe the Master humanised hisself and Lucy has his Timelord genes in the stopwatch?

She could have had his children to carry on the legacy of being the Master.
Scholar
#110 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:08 PM
Oooh.... maybe it was a man's voice... lol, I have to youtube that.

That is an interesting theory though, that the Master's children cause the problem, though I have to wonder if that's possible, given that they all freaked out so much over the Doctor/Donna thing... maybe Human/Time Lord hybrid isn't possible. But then again, like you said, he might have humanised himself... gah, I can't wait :D

Oh! Just read a theory somewhere, you know when the Token Psychic came out with "He will knock four times"? Anyone remember the drum beat in the Master's head? Four beats.
Its not as far fetched as YANA = You Are Not Alone and Jack being a giant face in a jar, lol.

Scholar
#111 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:01 PM
Anyone watched the Christmas/New Year specials?
I want my Tennant back.

Theorist
#112 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:13 PM
Really funny to read back at our speculation - Master, Lucy Saxon, 4 beats in the head - we were kind of right!!

Oh I loved the end, even though I'll miss Tenny... But Eleven is here, and I think I'm going to like him. I wanted a more professor-y doctor, and he looks like he's going to do it with a bit of class and be a good ol' nut too. Moffart looks like he's going to be churning out some epics, though, too. Say goodbye to the old story structure that RTD has been playing up so far [however awesome he is, it got predictable by the 4th series unfortunately] and a good lot of the old characters we have grown attatched to are going as well. But I don't mind!

I did keep saying over and over in my head "Don't shoot yourself, don't do it.." when he had the gun, pointing to the Master and the President and was SO glad he didn't regenerate in the glass box. It was a sad ending.. but it was worth the wait, I think!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Scholar
#113 Old 1st Jan 2010 at 11:54 PM
LOL, we were. Yay for accurate theorising.

I did love the end, when he was all like "I'm off to get my reward" and yeah...
I hurt so bad for him when he was throwing that tantrum outside the glass box... I know Doctor Who carries on, but I just got SO attached to the 10th Doc (and not just because it was Tennant playing him :P), so when he said it was like dying, it really did feel like my favourite character got killed off. And it was heartbreaking to watch him say goodbye to his life. It was really well done.

That said, total win for Eleven's squeaky "I'M A GIRL!"

LOL, the Master and the President scene... I was just like "Shoot the President; he deserves to die for bringing forth acting THAT bad"... Didn't think he'd shoot himself at any point. It wouldn't have solved anything.
I loved the "Get out of the way" bit between the two. Tennant and Simm have such great chemistry that it's so easy to believe they go way back (what with the Master recounting their childhood memories and all).
And I loved the Master's "You did this to me!!!" flip-out. Genuine crazy.
Cactus woman was so grumpy, Cactus man was so out of it. Wilfred = win.
I figure the old lady who looked like Rogue from X-men aged up was probably the Doc's mummy.

Really good episode.

Scholar
#114 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 8:52 AM
I really liked the New Year special, but was very disappointed with the Donna "resolution". It felt like they simply had Tate there to both please the fans who liked Donna, and because they thought that as Wilfred was there that she had to at least make an appearance. The dialogue between the Doctor/Wilfred, the Doctor/Master and the Master/Doctor/the President was awesome. I wish Dalton would guest spot again, but alas it's unlikely after what happened to his character.

I'm not impressed at all by the eleventh Doctor so far. The scene was very short, but its supposed to be a taster of what's to come; and it looks so far as though what's to come is Tennant's Tenth Doctor Part II, only not as good at acting.
Page 5 of 5