Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 10:11 AM
Default Which Book Would You Like Seen Made into a Movie?
I was just curious about what your thoughts are on this.

If it hasn't already been done, I would personally love to see The Bar Code Tattoo with it's sequeal, The Bar Code Rebellion.

And All American Girl with the sequal Ready Or Not

My Website: http://thecrazyqueen.webs.com/
My Suckish Writing: http://www.fictionpress.com/~ghostanimal

My name is Kaya. Call me that.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 10:29 AM
Hmm. The Night World series. That'd be cool. Problem is, it'd need to be nine movies. 0_o
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Aug 2009 at 12:41 PM
The famous five! I know it was made into a fairly OK BBC series but I'd love to see a film..And not sure if this counts, but Vampire Knight would make a great film (with real people in, that is) :D
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Mar 2010 at 12:20 AM
Several books of Wizard of OZ
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 2:57 PM
Laurell K Hamiltons 'Meredith Gentry series' but an actual good version of the books not a Hollywood, lets mangle the storyline, cut out major characters and abuse the others kind of film. It would need to be 7 films but hey if they can do it for Harry Potter its good enough.

Be true to yourself, only your opinion of yourself truly counts.

Darkie
Theorist
#6 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:03 PM
Jasper Fforde's 'The Eyre Affair' and possibly the sequels.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:17 PM
Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series...I often think about the actors and actresses who would play the parts. I think it was supposed to be made into movies but was shelved for some reason.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:34 PM
The Black Dagger Brotherhood br J.R. Ward. I love the series because it has a good amount of action it in and romance.

Call me Sasha
Funny how when your a kid, you dream about your future and when you are an adult, you dream about going back to when you were a kid.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 7:26 PM
Miki Falls will be a movie!

hm...Shadow Castle? My mom read that to me when I was little, I love it. I wish I knew where it was.

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Field Researcher
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 4:56 AM
The White Company by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Everyone knows Sherlock Holmes but it would be great to get some love for his historical fiction since that was his real love. In the right hands this book could be the kind of sweeping epic folks used to love Hollywood for creating. Sort of a medieval coming of age story that blends several definite story genres into one heck of adventure. Some buddy road story, bit of romance, bit of war story. So much meat here. Could easily be Oscar nominations, if not awards won, for the case. The potential is overwhelming.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 3:23 AM
Quote:
...but an actual good version of the books not a Hollywood, lets mangle the storyline, cut out major characters and abuse the others kind of film...

That's exactly why I'm having trouble figuring out which book I would love to be seen made into a movie. I love to read. I have many favorite authors, I have many favorite books that I read and reread. Alot of them HAVE been made into movies and most of them have really disappointed me. The major exception(s) to that are the Harry Potter movies. Seeing the books makes alot of what you read "come alive" and it's done very well. I may be a grown up, but when my kids sit down to watch a HP movie, I'm right there watching it with them.

I think the reason most "book" movies disappoint me is that I get into the story. While I'm reading, I put faces to the characters- I see them how I want to see them. Then I see the movie and the actor doesn't match what I "saw". Also, when watching the movie I find myself thinking "Hey, that's not what happened in the book" or "They left out _____ and now it doesn't make sense".. or...well, you get the idea. (the most recent disappointment- Angels and Demons, loved the book..didn't love the movie.) These kinds of movies leave so much stuff out- and while that's a smart thing (10 hour movies anyone? lol), it's also not such a smart thing. The funny thing is that if I see a movie and it gets MADE into a book or read the book the movie was based on? I usually like it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:04 PM
Varjak Paw? Great book, great book. Think they planned filming, but quit for some reason. Bummer...

Norway is NOT a part of Sweden!
My avatar left to watch a movie by James Cameron...
Theorist
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 5:37 PM
I would like to see Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk made into a movie. I know it won't happen, though, unless they totally change the ending (which would ruin the whole thing for me); what the main character does near the end would probably prevent the film from being shown in the US. Maybe.
Banned
#14 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:44 PM
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld for sure! Those books are amazing and would make really interesting movies.
And Artemis Fowl. Is there a reason why they never made them into movies? As far as I'm concerned, they were pretty popular when they first were released, and they seem like just the type of books that would make great movies.
Test Subject
#15 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 4:02 PM
"Vampire Kisses" or "The Fairy Path", they're my fav books and I just love to read them.
And I think especially "The Fairy Path", would be great as a movie.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 4:17 PM
i would like to see the hobbit into a book

The Only Way To Make A Computer Go Faster Is To Throw It Out A Window
Theorist
#17 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 6:53 PM
I would like to see Classroom in a Book: Adobe InDesign made into a documentary style movie. It would be about how a desktop publishing student used invasive tactics to gather personal information about other students, used them to create a tell-all-dirty-secrets student directory, and privately published it at Kinko's and distributed it anonymously without permission from anyone. There would be chaos and outrage followed by a massive investigation with zero results, and the ending would involve a new state law waiting to be interpreted by the Supreme Court between free speech and slander. A new term would be defined: "citizen papparazzo."
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 3:45 AM
Id Like to see Clan of the Cave bear remade, but not just the first book, all the books. One of the best series ever!!!!
Instructor
#19 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:41 PM
I'd like to see the novel Redwall finally made into a movie. For one, because it's a book series I love, and the one that really got me into reading. Two, because movies always inject new life into novel fandoms, and the Redwall Online Community (a collective term for all the Redwall fansites), which introduced me to much of what I know about the web, is dying.
Scholar
#20 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 8:54 PM
It isn't the type of book that you guys have been talking about, but I'd love to see the graphic novel The Dark Knight Returns made into a movie. My main fear is that Frank Miller has been going a little bit crazy lately on the stories that he has been writing, and I'm worried that he might end up mangling his own work. That and I could skip seeing them make a movie out of The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

I'd also love to see Kingdom Come, another graphic novel, made into a movie. It would be heavily dependent on computer editing, but CGI has improved to the point where I think they could pull it off.

Hell, I'd take almost any faithful adaptation of a DC graphic novel. They did okay with Watchmen, but I have a few bones over the way they changed the ending.
Instructor
#21 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 11:33 PM
Yes, TDKR!

With Clint Eastwood as Batman.
Scholar
#22 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 2:38 AM
That would be pretty awesome, Astrognash. I'd never considered the possibility, but it would work.
Instructor
#23 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 6:24 PM
And Mark Hamill as the Joker, of course. He was the best animated voice for him, and he wouldn't be too old to play him if it's TDKR.
Scholar
#24 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:06 PM Last edited by pegasaus : 12th Apr 2010 at 7:48 PM.
Well almost all books that I like are made into movies, but I would like to see 'Phantom of Manhattan' by Frederick Forsyth as a sequel to the 2004 movie, I know that there is a stage musical, but a movie with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum would be great. Also they could make a prequel based on the book 'Phantom' by Susan Kay.

Also I would like to see 'Charmed' books made into movies. There is TV series which are really popular, but I would like to see it as a movie, with Shannen Doherty, Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs.

And I would like to see original story of 'Beauty and the Beast' made into movie with real actors. There is famous animated movie by Disney, but I would like to see a real one. I have seen that there are many old tales made into teen movies, but in my opinion, they are stupid. There is a new movie called 'Beastly' based on 'Beauty and the Beast', set in everyday life, and it's far from original tale. I would like it to be the same as the animated movie, but with real actors. Just like the 'Alice in Wonderland', we had an animated movie and now real one, and they haven't change much of the original tale. The same I would like for 'Beauty and the Beast'

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 4th May 2010 at 12:25 AM
How Few Remain, Harry Turtledove
Page 1 of 3