Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 3:52 AM
Default Trouble Modifying the Appearance of an Object NPC
Hey!
At the request of someone on my blog, I've been modding the Rod Humble NPC into a recreation of the Makin' Magic Mystery Man.
I've had no problem modifying the associated text strings and icons, nor the content and behavior of his gift box. (It now successfully transforms the sim who opens it into a witch as well as gives them a few reagents, yay!)

I am however stuck when it comes to the modification of the NPC's appearance:
(Before I continue, know that I've cloned (but not set a custom group ID to) the Rod Humble object through SimPE, and extracted the files I wanted to edit from there.)
- I have tried editing his 3IDR file to have him use another hair and outfit. The changes would not display; Rod still had his original stuff in the game.
(I know I can get around this by default replacing the hair and outfit he uses, but I would like my mod to be as clean as possible.)
- And I have tried replacing his face's GMDC with a custom sim's one (like the technique used in creating custom face templates). This has caused Rod's face mesh to flash blue in game, thought it appears to have the right sculpt.

At least, I managed to change his eye colour and face make up by replacing his material definition with that of my custom sim.

Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone who might offer me some insight!