Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 9:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Dark Full-Screen
Hi guys!
So, I'm having this little annoying problem that is getting me crazy. I know, I have seen many threads about that, many ways to solve this sh*t, but seems to me that my game won't surrender.
Anyway, what's going on in my The Sims? The screen is dark, so much that I can't see what's happening (kinda creepypasta material though) while in Full-Screen, when I turn into Windowed Mode, the dim goes away and happy simmin'! We all know that Windowed Mode sucks, anyways. What I have done so far to try to correct this awful sh*tty problem?

- Tried the WindowedMode program, and it worked, but the program is now bugging my game (oh Lord, whatta funny way to bug me out). When I turn on the WindowedMode of the program, the screen goes full black and all I can do is hear the sound of the game. So I'm done with this thing (might try it again latter, but shhhh, you know nothing );
- I've tried to locate the igfxpers.exe under the Process tab in Task Manager, but is not there for some reason. Oh, and isn't ANYWHERE though;
- I've tried changing the Refreshing Rate, nothing happened;
- Updated the drivers;
- Decreased the graphics;
- Reinstalled the game;
- Got rid of all my cc and mods. Sad, but still didn't work;
- Tried running in all compatible modes possible;
- Tried to find the folder in Regedit (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Direct3d\Shims\MaximizedWindowedMode), but for some odd reason the "\Direct3d\Shims\MaximizedWindowedMode" does not exist in my register; I've tired to locate that thing in somewhere else, but, again, failed.*
- Used GeForce Experience to try, as a last and desperate hope, to fix that friggin' thing. You all know what happened, sadly.
- My graphic card IS NOT RECOGNIZED in the graphiccard.sgr, however, I've never found a working way to fix that to. If anyone can help, please, do it.

*The Direct3d Acceleration in dxdiag is enabled, btw. I just can't find the damn folder.

As you see, I did everything I though it was possbile to fix this problem, but nothing ever happen. And I have this problem for like, 3 years! I'm done with that, somebody help me please! My mom installed the game in her computer and worked fine, but her PC is not made for gamming, so the lagging is heavy.

My specs:
Samsung Laptop running Windows 10
Intel Graphics with NVidia GTX 710M chipset (yes, the game runs with the NVidia, although what I have said up there)
Intel i5-3230M 2.60GHz
8GB RAM
1TB HD

The would be running pretty fine, if the screen wasn't too dark.

Sorry 'bout my grammar, english is not my mother language. Thank you all.

Adm, if the thread is tagged in the wrong category, please, contact me. I got really confused where to tag this one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 3:57 AM
This is not likely to be a very popular observation/comment, but I wouldn't actually expect an Nvidia GT 710M to be able to carry this game very well, if it all. It's a low-end card and as far as I know there is no such thing as a GTX 710M (with the "X"). That you can get it to run well in windowed mode is actually quite fortunate. Personally I wouldn't push it and would just stay in windowed mode if I had no better choice of hardware to play on.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:37 AM
It would be more of a scam if the system vendor claimed something like, "And now with this dual graphics laptop you can play all the graphics intensive games you ever wanted to!" (Some of them probably did actually say things like this, not all of them did.) The laptop would be suitable for business use and the 710M would take some stress off of RAM and maybe the CPU when the user has many productivity applications going at the same time, lots of browser tabs, and I could see where it would be a step up from integrated only if the card actually got used in such sessions. For gaming, not really so much.

One little thing I didn't see mentioned here, but I hope the OP isn't trying to play TS3 while in battery mode on this laptop. That really won't work out well.