Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2051 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 10:42 PM
Good almost morning here, Jo It's a quarter to midnight and since it is weekend, I may be awake when the foundation is posted
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2052 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 10:59 PM Last edited by gazania : 9th Jun 2017 at 11:11 PM.
I'm thinking I might want to look at that foundation ASAP in case I get still another unexpected real-life snag. I'm glad that at least I submitted something while I still had the time and at least a modicum of creative spark in this round.

I tried looking at my Rhodes house for any last-minute fixes. I checked for missing wallpapers or anything really, really out of place and that was about all I could physically do. Between exhaustion and still feeling under the weather (my mother's house has many years worth of dust and grime, and I am often left feeling sick afterward after I do work there ... I'm guessing from working with said dust), I am wondering just how active my thought processes are now, never mind my creative juices.

Two hours to go is fine with me. I sincerely doubt I'll suddenly become inspired and do a Frank Lloyd Wright-like masterpiece in two hours. I'm really shot. But I thought I saw a very, very last-minute entry or two last time. We might be in for a surprise or two from entrants and play-alongs before this round officially closes. If I recall, we got a couple of cool lots from the play-alongs after the round ended last time.

I'm really eager to see what joandsarah77 has in store for us this time!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2053 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:02 PM
Just remember to save back the bottles for me, Justpetro, so the workers can continue to produce the Quad C
Link Ninja
#2054 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
I normally don’t edit my lots much; most I do is tweak a community lot if after sending my sims there I find out that there’s a routing problem, I forgot something important etc., and expand houses when my sims need more space.

A quick question – is a diagonal radio on an endtable usable? I have one in my entry and there’s still time to edit it as it’s such a tiny change, but if it’s fine there’s no point loading the game. For all I remember radios are fine like that.

No, they are usable. I have three I can think of in game and the sim can turn them on by remote just fine.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2055 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:55 PM
Are we actually getting a new foundation in an hour, or is it just that the round it closing? Aren't the judges supposed to get a head start, or is that not so important now with the last round and the fact that this one got extended?
Mad Poster
#2056 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 11:59 PM
Ummm ... that's what I was wondering, too. The main page does have "foundation posted in ...", and while I was away, I thought I might have missed a post or two about it. I suppose with the drop-off in entrants, the judges may have more time to judge and not need the head start, but that is far, far from a given here. I was reading how people were looking for the foundation shortly. I might have misunderstood the "shortly" part.

Three days from now is fine, too. I was futzing around with the Rodney alternate lot for about fifteen minutes or so. Talk about a private lot I'll never upload anywhere! Egads! I'm having fun, though, and actually do see my reusing it. Just not anywhere in public! (My personal challenge was to take the shell for the Rhodes lot and see if I can't rework it for the Rodneys. Moving walls is fine, but I must stay on the foundation, of course, and try to keep to the basic shape of the Rhodes lot.)

I guess we'll know for sure in less than an hour.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2057 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 12:36 AM
24 minutes! I did tweak the front page gazania.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2058 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
Ummmm ... but I don't see the foundation. The link is leading to somewhere odd.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2059 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:07 AM
Round 5 is posted!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#2060 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:09 AM
No budget! I can finally build the garden exactly like I want, yay But I don’t think I can beat my most expensive lot (§689149), it would have to be much bigger for that.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2061 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:22 AM
What do you all think?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2062 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What do you all think?

And I thought you loved us!

I have no idea! Can we use walls attached to the foundation or would we need cfe pillars? As for educational does a bookcase count or do we need something else?

This is going to take some thought and a whole load of time at the bar! lol
Scottiedoag
Mad Poster
#2063 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:31 AM Last edited by gazania : 10th Jun 2017 at 3:43 AM.
My initial reaction .... blinks in confusion and amazement. And I thought the RHODES were a challenging household? Or the Lamberts?

I take it the first thing I'll need is the mod that allows toddlers to visit community lots. I don't have that in my game. So it's hunting time for that one. I already have the ones that allow Sims to sleep on the lots.

Next would be to see the lot up close and personal.

The problem with CC is going to be weeding out the CC you DON'T want in the build. If you want the red chair and it's part of many different colors of the same chair, you would need to make sure you don't get the blue chair, brown chair, purple chair, etc in the CC list. Also, I know that most people don't like really long lists, so I probably shouldn't go THAT crazy with it. One thing that's probably going back in are those Metro windows, though! I missed them throughout the contest.

Good darn question what I can build with that foundation, though! That single row is going to be particularly challenging.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2064 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:37 AM
You don't need a mod unless you want to test a toddler on your lot, testing wasn't a requirement on any of the rounds.

scottiedoag I do love you all! You can do what you like, you can enlarge that foundation the whole way with decking if you like or keep each piece as is. Only thing is do not remove the foundation that is there. You may have other buildings on decking or on the ground. When I did a very quick build I used one piece as the bathrooms one as a planter box and one under a fountain. Just to check that a bathroom and fountain would fit on that foundation.

gazania the easy way to deal with that is you untick all of that chair set from CI and you simply put a link in the description saying, this set used, get it here.

You all understand you can add decking to that foundation and make it any shape you like, right?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2065 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 1:47 AM Last edited by gazania : 10th Jun 2017 at 1:57 AM.
Even with decking, it could be a challenge. But I did agree to enter a challenge!

Gazebos. sheds and planters outside of foundations ... are those allowed now? (I just read you can add additional buildings. But I'm still confused about extra foundations and buildings. We know about gazebos, sheds, treehouses, pools and planters, of course. Those were all in past rounds, and I don't think they're eliminated here. But I'm a little confused what other buildings we are permitted to add. Can I add, for instance, a bunch of mini-buildings on foundations, as long as I don't remove the original ones?)

I would think you'd want some sort of toddler mod, though, even for a short time, to see if toddlers would be OK with the routing related to them on the lot. I guess either this mod: http://modthesims.info/d/303968 or Inge's cat? I would also think you could remove them when you're done testing, if you so choose.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2066 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:01 AM
Yes, you can. Do mini buildings on the foundation, on decking, on the ground if you like or just join up all the foundation with decking, the one with the lattice base or the one with the poles. Planters, sheds and gazebos were always allowed.

Judges can you check in. I have given you 10 days to get your scores in. But this can always be extended if needed.
@Charmful
@CatherineTCJD
@Karen Lorraine

Sending you your judging sheets for round 4.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2067 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
scottiedoag I do love you all! You can do what you like, you can enlarge that foundation the whole way with decking if you like or keep each piece as is. Only thing is do not remove the foundation that is there. You may have other buildings on decking or on the ground. When I did a very quick build I used one piece as the bathrooms one as a planter box and one under a fountain. Just to check that a bathroom and fountain would fit on that foundation.

I know I was just kidding please don't take me seriously (never a good idea!)
Thanks for your answer Jo. I'm off to test out an idea
Scottiedoag
Mad Poster
#2068 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:09 AM
Oh! I wasn't expecting a new foundation yet; I thought it would be in about 3 days time! I'll make a base game version of the foundation and get it back to Jo tomorrow. It's past midnight here and I'm far too tired to do it now.

My Round 4 play-along entry is nearly ready. I've got a post ready to submit with 18 pictures uploaded, but again I'm too tired to write all the text tonight. I'm falling asleep when I try. So I'll just have to post tomorrow. I'm already late, even with the extension, so I'll deduct another imaginary point. I do rather like the house I've built for the Rodneys though. I'm finding it fun to play. You can see a foretaste of it here.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#2069 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:11 AM
One challenge for me is that it has to be a community lot I DON'T have yet. I plan to put all lots I've built into my hoods, and will probably use the crap out of them for years to come, since I do have lazy periods. I really, really like building community lots. I have built many different ones for so many different purposes. I didn't say I was a GOOD community lot builder, but I've certainly been prolific. So I'm trying to think of one lot I HAVEN'T done yet ... and I think I have one. Problem is, how can I translate it without using five pages of CC? Hmmm ....

Scholar
#2070 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:12 AM
I’ve always had an idea for an entry, but now I’m not sure... So many possibilities, especially with no money limit and tons of CC But whatever I’ll build, it must involve at least one arched bridge.

Edit: Gazania, why wouldn’t you use your five pages of CC? You won’t lose a bonus.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2071 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:14 AM
I wasn't taking that seriously. If you haven't noticed I am a pretty chill type. I would totally live in the recycled house, just so long as I have a good gaming pc, coffee and internet. Don't want to see me without those things though! My family think I am a killer zombie before coffee!
Don't watch if zombies freak you out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rD9QX2JAbI

PS. Thanks Andrew. I wasn't sure what I was doing with the time frame until I posted it myself, but being the last round there isn't another foundation to post after this one. Figured I may as well give everyone the foundation now, might add a few more days if needed.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2072 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:31 AM
Oh, goodness. O.O The possibilities are so huge...

Does anyone else see lions and tigers and bears?... Oh, my! lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2073 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:43 AM
That I would love to see! :D

~Call me Jo~
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#2074 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweet Mystre
Oh, goodness. O.O The possibilities are so huge...

Does anyone else see lions and tigers and bears?... Oh, my! lol

Nope, I have a Drifter's song in my head
Mad Poster
#2075 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 3:06 AM
That was one possibility I thought of as well. I'm leaning toward another one, though. The problem is trying to put jt into a community lot.

I'd rather watch that CC list to some extent because in a recent thread here describing what people liked with lot downloads, many claim they don't like dozens of CC items. I know that I shy away from huge CC lists myself. On the other hand, though, many do like lots of CC. Go figure.

Page 83 of 106