Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#76 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:07 PM
I like to thank anyone who has been a fan of my work, this was a great achievement for me, sorry I couldn't proceed further at improving the size settings for a while. I had to get carried on with my life. I hope you guys enjoyed it and in case you are still using it, feel free to post pics of your miniture or giant
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 8th May 2015 at 10:34 PM
I just only wish they had this mod for the Sims 4!
Test Subject
#78 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 9:42 PM
hey ^^ sorry I just wanted to know if there is a download link for this?
Test Subject
#79 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigantaGiantessa
hey ^^ sorry I just wanted to know if there is a download link for this?

Search for post 19# on the first page
Forum Resident
#80 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:04 AM
I know this is an old mod but first of all, Thanks for this. I tested it in my game in CAS and in the world and everything works great. I put in a hand slider to stop hand shaking and it did the job well.
However, making giants is a lot of guesswork because the CAS screen wasn't really made for giant sims. Not without a camera mod that zooms out much farther and I don't think a CAS camera mod like that exists for sims 3. If there is one. please let me know.
Test Subject
#81 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I know this is an old mod but first of all, Thanks for this. I tested it in my game in CAS and in the world and everything works great. I put in a hand slider to stop hand shaking and it did the job well.
However, making giants is a lot of guesswork because the CAS screen wasn't really made for giant sims. Not without a camera mod that zooms out much farther and I don't think a CAS camera mod like that exists for sims 3. If there is one. please let me know.

I guess this is the right time to release my work...

I've made a python script for this particular use case. You'll still need to adjust a little because my calculator is nowhere near perfect.

Code:
import math

scalefactor_bodygirth = 1.0
scalefactor_pelvisgirth = 56.0/21.0
scalefactor_pelviswidth = 56.0/21.0
scalefactor_torsoheight = 21.0/5.0
scalefactor_ypos = 5800.0/1411.0
scalefactor_torso_to_mul = 22.41/127.0
scalefactor_skinny = 182.0/160.0

def get_by_scale(x):
	return (x-1) * scalefactor_ypos / scalefactor_torso_to_mul, \
	(x-1) * scalefactor_bodygirth / scalefactor_torso_to_mul, \
	(x-1) * scalefactor_pelvisgirth / scalefactor_torso_to_mul, \
	(x-1) * scalefactor_pelviswidth / scalefactor_torso_to_mul, \
	(x-1) * scalefactor_torsoheight / scalefactor_torso_to_mul

def get_by_bodygirth(x):
	return (scalefactor_ypos * x) / scalefactor_bodygirth, x, \
	(scalefactor_pelvisgirth * x) / scalefactor_bodygirth, \
	(scalefactor_pelviswidth * x) / scalefactor_bodygirth, \
	(scalefactor_torsoheight * x) / scalefactor_bodygirth, \
	(scalefactor_torsoheight * x) / scalefactor_bodygirth * scalefactor_skinny

def torsoheight_to_scale(x):
	return x * (scalefactor_torso_to_mul / scalefactor_torsoheight) + 1

Documentation:

get_by_scale(x) takes x as an input (scale of the sim, 1 being normal height) and returns a tuple in following order: Y-position, Body Girth, Pelvis Girth, Pelvis Width, Torso Height.

Now when you run the function (e.g. print(get_by_scale(3)), you won't get a clear integer, as torso height being 11.3342..., and that's where the second function come into a play.

get_by_bodygirth(x) takes x as an input (well, integer body girth) and returns a tuple in following order: Y-position, Body Girth (your input), Pelvis Girth, Pelvis Width, Torso Height minimum, Torso Height maximum.

For our example, we run something like this: print(get_by_bodygirth(11)), and you get another non-integer result. In this time, you just round the numbers yourself. Torso height is returned in a range (note that now it returns two torso heights), you just take a number in your taste. I normally just take a median of the range.

torsoheight_to_scale(x) does what you're expecting: returns scale from your torso height.

Note: the Y-position as very... inaccurate And maybe someone talented could make a GUI or Excel sheet out of my calculator? This script is tested on Python 2, but should run fine on Python 3 as well.
Test Subject
#82 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 8:15 PM
Default Excel version of the calculator
No explanation needed. Please enjoy. Alternative download link (dropbox)

In case the dropbox is down, BASE64-encoded xlsx file is available: Pastebin link
If you know what BASE64 is, then you should be able to turn the text into a file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ts3scg.zip (10.4 KB, 80 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#83 Old 25th Oct 2019 at 9:54 PM
You should make this for the sims 4 if that is possible
Page 4 of 4