Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

monijt1

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 9464 (Who?), Viewed: 204224 times.
Page 379 of 379
Instructor
#9451 Old Today at 4:31 PM
I move Sims from household to household quite often. You have to make sure to delete the Sim from the old household, and add them to the new one.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#9452 Old Today at 4:38 PM
I added them to the empty family, using the scroll thing, and deleted them from the family they were in, by selecting their name in the list and hit delete.
And now I lost the moved sims, they aren't appearing anymore in sim browser...Good thing that was a backup.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Instructor
#9453 Old Today at 4:46 PM
I just noticed the family you were moving the Sims to was empty. Do you know why it was empty? You may need to check their lot instance (I believe 0 would make them be in the Sim Bin) and also their household funds.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Mad Poster
#9454 Old Today at 4:49 PM
No clue why it was empty. The Amadoo family is the last family i created in CAS, placed on a lot, and turned into Townies. No different than the previous bunch.
But that's ok. I'll just use my original Townie dummy hood, and leave it as is.
All other family has lot instance of 0x00000000. Amadoo is showing 0x00000003, and Now on Lot 0x00000003.
That's not good.

Scholar
#9455 Old Today at 4:58 PM
Rose, you have to look at the family ID, the names don't much matter:
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...900&postcount=8

Edit: I use that method to turn townies into social group townies, or Garden Club members. Change the family ID on the sim's individual info (SDSC) and like Playplay said, remove the sim from one family and add him to another.
Instructor
#9456 Old Today at 4:58 PM
0x00000003 is probably the lot that they were moved into. I'd say that changing both to 0 would likely be safe. Making them townies was probably exactly why; the game didn't have the normal reason to delete the household instance. I imagine if you created a new household in CAS, that one would be deleted. Though, to be honest, I would play it safe and make a new Sim to be a townie, then move the Sims you want to be in said new household into the newly created one, then Townify the CAS Sim.

Mad Poster
#9457 Old Today at 5:03 PM
They stopped showing in sim browser, because they got changed into Playables...I was looking in the Townie tab.
I guess the empty Amadoo family was seen as a playable one?, so moving sims in it did that. In spite of me turning them all into Townies in game. not fair.
Thank you.

Mad Poster
#9458 Old Today at 6:07 PM
@lamare:
Oh, I didn't realize that one could use the mod off-campus, and still have it work!

Now you've gone and made me download it. Shame on you!

And:

Thank you for this mod! It's a game changer!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#9459 Old Today at 7:45 PM
It really is a game changer. I'm so glad you made it Lamare Living proof that all the "ts 2 is over" and "all the big creators are gone"-crap is all wrong. There is lots of talent still around, creating.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#9460 Old Today at 7:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebine
Family Information tab in SimPE.
Is it safe to move sims from one to another?
I have 5 Families in this dummy 'Hood.
One NPC(2 sims) & one Default, I won't touch these.
Since I started turning sims into Townies, it created the 3 others.
The Amadoo family is totally empty.
Gecko family contains only the 7 babies I put up for adoption.
I have a second family name Gecko, this one contains all the other Townies.
Can I safely move some Gecko sims to the Amadoo family?

The families are sorted by category in that all the sims in one family have something in common - they're townies or vacation locals or, in your case, babies.

Oh - ninja'd again

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
#9461 Old Today at 7:59 PM
Question - Can I rename some of the families in SimPE to read "Townies" or "Downtownies" or "NPCs" instead of the random names that are applied to them?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Field Researcher
#9462 Old Today at 8:26 PM
Inflation is running wild in Sheffield, and apartment bills have skyrocketed. It started with my custom-built apartments (my own, not downloaded), where Sims were getting billed over $600 twice a week for a modestly-furnished, one- or two-bedroom apartment, and now Sims in the Tech Center Flats have had a Tuesday bill for $328, where normally their bills are around $32. I don't even have any bigger bill mods -- I keep meaning to get Cyjon's, but if this is happening autonomously, I'm not going to need it!

Since I wanted bigger bills anyway, it doesn't bother me in itself, but is it a sign of corruption?
Lab Assistant
#9463 Old Today at 8:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Question - Can I rename some of the families in SimPE to read "Townies" or "Downtownies" or "NPCs" instead of the random names that are applied to them?

You sure can. Go to Family Information, click on the family name you want to change. In the Name field, type in the new name you want. Then, click Commit to save the name change.

Here's an example:

Screenshots
#9464 Old Today at 10:00 PM
Thanks. New question: There's a few empty families in the family information - Goopy is one, and Wan too (although it's different from the Riverblossom Hills family). Default's also empty but it's all NPCs and dead people anyways., Should I worry about this?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Lab Assistant
#9465 Old Today at 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Thanks. New question: There's a few empty families in the family information - Goopy is one, and Wan too (although it's different from the Riverblossom Hills family). Default's also empty but it's all NPCs and dead people anyways., Should I worry about this?

I have empty families as well. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about. I think that empty information is probably from transferring sims from their old family name, "Goopy " to their new name, "NPC." Instead of deleting the old family information slot, SimPE just keeps it there. I have been changing names for years, and haven't noticed any issues. Kaylynn Langerak still looks and acts the same under a different family name.

I think the Default family name is empty on purpose. I never change it, thinking that my hood is going to implode, if I do.
Page 379 of 379