Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Summer Movie Night - posted on 13th Jun 2018 at 9:07 PM
Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 1391 times.
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Lamare : 12th Feb 2018 at 9:55 PM.
Default Pets and toddlers on Vacation (testing thread)
Is there a limit to how many threads one can create in feedback forum?

I've figured out how to include little ones and was so happy and I already made a picture

*uploaded*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2018 at 2:06 AM

At twikkikii

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Past the point of no return,
No going back now,
Our passionplay is now begun.
Past thought of right or wrong, final question, how long have we wait before we're one?
~Andrew Loyd Webber (Phantom Of The Opera)
Theorist
#3 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:09 PM
Quote:
Download to test: pets and toddlers on vacation AL

@Lamere - has this been uploaded yet??? I've got a dog-house hotel that I've been working on for the pets theme... this would be perfect for it!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
just a girl
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 11:24 AM
Not yet. I'm sitting on it in case I have ideas what can go wrong so I can test it. Or in case someone else finds a bug. But I plan on uploading it some time during pets theme.

Dog-house hotel sounds interesting
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:40 PM
I'll share - if you want to test it out?
Meanwhile, I've DL'd this and will try it out - I've always just put a hotel as a community lot in a main hood and forced my pets along. But this mod is exactly what I've been wishing for! Now vacations can be fun for ALL of us

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Time flies like an arrow ~ fruit flies like a banana
Ah, well... there is that
So, do you know the difference between roast beef and pea soup?
just a girl
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 6:32 PM
I will, if it's not heavy on CC or overall. My laptop can't handle much lately.
Theorist
#7 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:43 PM
Thought I would post this in case it's a problem for some. The toddler, puppies and kittens mod using stairs says toddlers need to have learned to walk to use stairs, I'm not sure if the take taxi one has that same requirement. If there's no foundation and stairs, a toddler can go outside, so it's possible they can use the taxi if crawling if walking skill isn't needed. It's the stairs that would stop them unless carried outside. Haven't used your mod yet, but can't wait, I used to take kids on vacation when they aged up on a Friday and before starting school on Monday, now they can go as toddlers. Thanks for expanding the game possibilities! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
just a girl
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
I decided it'd be safer and simpler if they just disappeared if couldn't get near. Otherwise, should a player forget to take a toddler out of crib before airport shuttle arrives or anything like that, it would get ugly - and would require quitting without saving to resolve the situation.

What's "take taxi one" you're talking about? Couldn't google anything about it.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#9 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:07 AM
'Toddlers go to community lots' mod? I use it but I hope yours will be compatible or even replace it? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=303968 I've heard that his mods need some tidying up and frankly I don't fully trust a modder with a name like that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
just a girl
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 10:23 AM
My mod doesn't replace that mod, but they're compatible. I tried it to go to vacation community lots. One thing I noticed is when little ones can't get near taxi that's the problem that could use better handling.
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:50 PM
I've been using that mod for years and I've NEVER had a problem with it. Unfortunately it can't be used with BO's Sellable Car mod ( http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/thread-921.html) so I have to switch between them. If you were able to create a mod that allows toddlers to ride (not so concerned about puppies and kittens) that would also work with BO's Sellable Car that would be AWESOME!!!

@joandsarah77 How do you not trust someone because of their name? Even if you truly feel that way as a Moderator of MTS I think that is a terrible thing to say in the forum about a member active or not. It's just not right. I'm not trying to cause a problem, but reading that statement offended me as it is an example of bias and discrimination.
just a girl
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 1:19 PM
I thought sims could sell cars. In buy mode like other stuff. Do I remember it wrong? Or does the mod makes them cost more or something?
Instructor
#13 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:10 PM
The mod adds the option "Sell for ยง5,200" to the pie menu of the Restorable Car. This option remains available as long as the car is still worth ยง5,200, and will add the profits to the Sim's personal wealth. Although the car can be sold in buy mode that amount is not added to a Sims personal wealth (for Fortune Sims it won't count towards fulfilling their LTW to earn $100,000).
just a girl
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 10:03 AM
I see. So it's about personal wealth. I don't know if I want to reinvent dick's mod just yet. It still gives me lulz - those animations! flying toddlers getting in car

I'm going to go upload this one, while there's still time to tempt a few more builders to do pet hotels. Thanks everyone!
Instructor
#15 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamare
I see. So it's about personal wealth. I don't know if I want to reinvent dick's mod just yet. It still gives me lulz - those animations! flying toddlers getting in car I'm going to go upload this one, while there's still time to tempt a few more builders to do pet hotels. Thanks everyone!

I know what you mean about the animations, lol! Let's just say he laid the ground work. I'm in the process making an Bed and Breakfast for my vacation hood and now I can make it pet friendly. Thank you for all your hard work in making this happen.