Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#5951 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 8:17 PM
When makin a family in CAS it will only allow you to make up to 6 pets. (I'm sure it prob says this somewhere in some EA guide I never read... lol)

I originally had wanted to make some dogs that I liked and not game generated ones to put out as strays and adoptables, but since it wouldn't let me do just pets I had to give them a human. I guess I'll hafta settle for 6 for now and just have them have babies and see if that gives me enough pet pop.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#5952 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
I discovered solar panels decorations that can be put on the roof. But I don't think they have an actual effect
Mad Poster
#5953 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 9:46 PM
They do, though! Wait till bill day comes - they'll be substantially lower. Ditto wind generators. If you get enough green energy onto a lot, you can earn money off them!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
#5954 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:42 PM
Toddlers have a social increase by watching their parents sleep. Well, that's kind of creepy but understandable as they are learning how the world works.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5955 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 11:55 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 11th Jun 2018 at 3:02 AM. Reason: typo and update broken link
The lightning rods that came with Seasons also work, but only if you don't put them on a roof. I'm guessing that may be because most items become non-functional when put on a roof and Maxis forgot to exempt the lightning rods.

Cyjon's Debugger can show you how effective lightning rods are and he also has a mod to make them more effective.

Better Lightning Rods - http://www.cyjon.net/node/169

The link to his Debugger is down right now. I'll include the link for when it gets fixed, but in the meantime it's giving a 500 Internal Server Error.

EDIT: Cyjon's Debugger is here. Thankyou to G-mon for the correct URL.
http://www.cyjon.net/node/148
Test Subject
#5956 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The lightning rods that came with Seasons also work, but only if you don't put them on a roof. I'm guess that may be because most items become non-functional when put on a roof and Maxis forgot to exempt the lightning rods.

Thanks for the info on lightning rods. I have one lot that seems to "attract" lightning (the Grunt house in Strangetown) and will have to see if the backyard tower is a suitable place for one.
Field Researcher
#5957 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
The link to [Cyjon's] Debugger is down right now. I'll include the link for when it gets fixed, but in the meantime it's giving a 500 Internal Server Error.
http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/148
It's not down, Cyjon just never updated the link on the Better Lightning Rods page. It's over here: http://www.cyjon.net/node/148

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#5958 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimMaven
Thanks for the info on lightning rods. I have one lot that seems to "attract" lightning (the Grunt house in Strangetown) and will have to see if the backyard tower is a suitable place for one.

The backyard tower should be fine. Lightning rods work perfectly well on ground and floor tiles. Just don't stick them on any roof made with the roofing tool.
Mad Poster
#5959 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:52 AM
That this is possible.

I saw the option was available on the bus and thought that it couldn't surely apply to all vehicles...

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#5960 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:37 AM
My romance sim had a want to marry..I guess he's tired from sleeping around with practically every person in town and wants to settle down now
Mad Poster
#5961 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 9:59 AM
Mad Poster
#5962 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:48 PM
People who take screenshots for upload may be interested in this. To get rid of the grid lines on a lot that show in Build and Buy mode, just select the Design Tool.
Screenshots
Inventor
#5963 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:03 PM Last edited by Primavera : 13th Jun 2018 at 4:09 AM.
Not something in-game but I came across this cheat called modifyNeighborhoodTerrain through tumblr. You guys may have heard about this but I'm curious to try it. I'm gonna test this out in my test hood right now.

EDIT: forgot to add this in yesterday; I can confirm that this works, only that I couldn't edit the particular hood (one of the desert hood templates) I had for testing because it kept showing up red. I will try this again with a different test hood.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#5964 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
about Design Tool hiding grid lines; I have known it for some time. not sure when I first noticed it.
Mad Poster
#5965 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:21 PM
The Sim Manipulator allows you to change the appearance of a pet without having to buy a mirror.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#5966 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The Sim Manipulator allows you to change the appearance of a pet without having to buy a mirror.
which menu?
Mad Poster
#5967 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:09 PM
It's under Misc > Change Appearance > Name of Pet, I believe. The pet can select it too so you don't have to wait for someone to become free.

Another discovery: If someone falls asleep when doing homework (it's a mod), the person helping them doesn't notice:

Mad Poster
#5968 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:22 AM
For those who use Monique's computer and also the 'banking' option to save money:
Every other day at 6 am, the amount of interest is displayed.
This works both on the home lot and the community lot if a pixel happens to be there. It also makes it a 'double-dipper' for that amount.
For example, I had Alec Shaw go to the Meeting house before 6 am (because he goes to work at 7) to preach a sermon. At 6 the bank interest posted on screen not only for him but for a visitor to the lot who also had a bank account.
Then he went home to get ready for work (after having earned money doing the sermon and a charisma point as well) and the bank interest again displayed on screen-because he arrived home just before 6 am. (I am not using Community Time, by the way..).
So he gained interest twice! I'd call that compound interest!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5969 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:46 AM
Also happens with the loan interest too, which is annoying. Also the child support. I've had playable Sims receiving child support when visiting other apartments with kids in them.

Lab Assistant
#5970 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:05 AM
Also happens with the loan interest too, which is annoying. Also the child support. I've had playable Sims receiving child support when visiting other apartments with kids in them.

Child support? Is this a seperate mod? I would love to have it in my game
Mad Poster
#5971 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:20 AM
It's under Misc > Change Appearance > Name of Pet, I believe. The pet can select it too so you don't have to wait for someone to become free.

Another discovery: If someone falls asleep when doing homework (it's a mod), the person helping them doesn't notice:

Caption: Well she never listens to me anyway.
Inventor
#5972 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:35 AM
As if it's not strange enough that my Sim is making love to two Franks, I just now discovered that Sims can challenge each other to a little break dancing. Since Frank is the only one who knows that particular dance, who else is he showing off to? Himself.

So Justpetro is right. Frank must be famous if he has a double.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#5973 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:16 PM
Quote:
Child support? Is this a seperate mod? I would love to have it in my game

Yes it is, and it's one of Monique's creations:
Child Support v3.0

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#5974 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Not something in-game but I came across this cheat called modifyNeighborhoodTerrain (...) I can confirm that this works (...)
Just a quick note to add... The game will crash if you try to alter the terrain height at the very edge of the map. Always leave 1 tile of space away from the world's edge when editing. And just as with any neighborhood editing (this includes neighborhood decorating as well, for example), make sure to travel somewhere before exiting the game for the changes to stick. Hoods have no save button, meaning you have to go through a loading screen for the progress to be saved (to another hood, to a household, or to CAS).
Inventor
#5975 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 8:12 PM Last edited by Primavera : 15th Jun 2018 at 10:10 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Just a quick note to add... The game will crash if you try to alter the terrain height at the very edge of the map. Always leave 1 tile of space away from the world's edge when editing. And just as with any neighborhood editing (this includes neighborhood decorating as well, for example), make sure to travel somewhere before exiting the game for the changes to stick. Hoods have no save button, meaning you have to go through a loading screen for the progress to be saved (to another hood, to a household, or to CAS).

Oh man I'm glad I didn't fool around with this cheat again then, I couldn't get it to work after the first attempt (nothing happened when I clicked and dragged, no red showed up). But I'll remember this

EDIT: never mind it actually does work, I fooled around with a random empty neighborhood. Only thing is that there's no way of knowing what part of terrain I chose since it's invisible(?) because it highlighted red in my other test hood the first time I tried it (except that one was inhabited), that's the best way I can describe it.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Page 239 of 444