Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 11:51 PM
Default Urgently need to recover a rock that I deleted from Moonlight Falls that I cannot put back
I accidentally deleted either a Rock Mountain Medium B or a Rock Mountain Medium C in Moonlight Falls. But since those rocks cannot be placed in worlds by default since they are hidden, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I'm going to put the rock back. If anyone knows any simple method to recover the rock I deleted, I would greatly appreciate it if they could tell me.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 11:36 AM
You would have to go to a previous save before the deletion.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 8:23 PM
I can't do that, sorry. I have already saved over it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 9:37 PM
I forgot to mention that I do have S3PE. It's just been ages since I've used it for overriding in-game data. And I'm unsure how to jog my memory to get me to modify what I need to unlock the hidden rocks. Somehow I'm having trouble trying to identify which package I used for the overrides in the past.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 11:04 PM Last edited by MeowMixPls : 15th Jan 2019 at 11:18 PM.
Tool you need is S3OC.
After you uncheck the 'Renumber/rename internally' box and hit the clone/fix button, you open the package again with S3OC normally you would do this: https://i.imgur.com/97Qi4AN.png

For some reason, that option is not available for the 'Rock Mountain Medium'.

I suggest asking this at the sims 3 create forum.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 1:46 AM
Okay, I did some fiddling and I got the medium mountain rocks to show up in world editor.
The 3rd smaller rock in the pic is a small mountain rock. I put it there to see the size difference.

See the zip file attached. It is a normal .package file which lets you see the medium mountain rocks b and c in the world editor. So install it just like any other package file.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MeowMixMountainRocksWorldEditor.zip (1,001 Bytes, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Enabled Mountain Rock Medium B and C in World Editor.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:29 PM
Thanks. I probably would have figured out how to do it sooner or later. Since I have done stuff like this with S3PE before. I just forgot how to do it. But that helps as well, as I really didn't want to have to go through the trouble to recover something that I just deleted by mistake.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 1:43 PM
@C.Syde65

RE: message you send me.
After you uncheck the 'Renumber/rename internally' box, press the clone/fix button. You will get a new .package file. Open this package file with S3OC. Then if I remember correctly, you need to press clone/fix button again, and after that you should be able to click Visible In Wolrd builder like in my screenshot. https://i.imgur.com/97Qi4AN.png Then press Start button.

If they are trickier like the rocks were you need to follow this: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 11:32 PM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 7th Feb 2019 at 12:03 AM.
I've managed to find at least some of the objects with S3OC. However, I can't find the "Renumber/rename internally" box.

EDIT: Looks like I've managed to work out how to do it. I'll just do the same thing on the remaining objects that I'm able to find. And then I'll check to see if they show up in-game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:58 AM
Well, I've managed to clone all except 2 of the objects that I wanted. However, none of those objects are showing up in Edit Town for me. I'm guessing that I may have put the packages in the wrong file. I put them in the overrides package, but I'm not sure whether that's supposed to be where I put them.

Or is the problem that I didn't save the files under unique names? I saved them under their default names. If that's the problem, I could change them to something different. Like adding my username to the names of the files, to show that I'm the one that extracted them.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 9:03 AM
Can you upload one file that you cloned with NOT checking the"Renumber/rename internally" box and edited the OBJK resource?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 10:01 AM
Edited the OBJK resource? What do you mean by that exactly?
Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 10:33 AM
Sorry, OBJD resource. It is the part that determines if an object will show up CAW/Wolrd editor. As per this link: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818

So what have you exactly done? Cloned an object using S3OC and then what?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 8:36 PM
First I opened one of the objects in Normal Objects. Then I checked the boxes "Deep Clone" and "Create missing string tables". And unchecked the box "Renumber/rename internally". Then hit Start. Then saved it in C:\Users\******* ****** **\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 2:31 AM
Well you didn't enabled "visible in world builder" as per this image: https://imgur.com/97Qi4AN
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 5:34 AM
I thought that was already ticked. It was certainly ticked when I last checked.