Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#11026 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:49 PM
Today I learned that you can't throw witch potions at children. Huh. Child can't use it either. Pretty sure I threw a bunch of fairy potions at children. Do I have a mod that's corrupting my game? Is this normal?

Sims are better than us.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#11028 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:45 PM
Without skydome's new mod there is no point to turning a child into a witch anyway. The primary difference between a regular sim and a witch is the spells that the child can't cast without a mod. I would suspect it's probably normal.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#11029 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Without skydome's new mod there is no point to turning a child into a witch anyway. The primary difference between a regular sim and a witch is the spells that the child can't cast without a mod. I would suspect it's probably normal.

I found the problem... I'm not very bright.
She can't use the potion because she inherited her witchiness from her father. Doh! Should have checked first. A simple view at her dad's relationship panel show she's a witch. She also inherited "wished for beauty" and "wished for happiness". My child witch came across a genie lamp and those wishes were grayed out.
Thanks for the tip about Skydrome's new mod! That was worth a game restart! Now she can play with magic! (still no magic bar...)

Sims are better than us.
Inventor
#11030 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:18 AM
I think we were supposed to get dolphins in TS3 Island Paradise.

Screenshots
Theorist
#11031 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 1:43 PM
My Sims had a gift giving party a while ago. I use the screen shots as background on my laptop. This morning I noticed in one of the photos that the gift wrap on a present had bacon and eggs as a design. Weird but amusing!

Scholar
#11032 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
I like the Unstable trait. I'm afraid I've been torturing this poor sim though, because I want to observe a few of his attacks to see what happens. I don't remember his beginning traits, but I'm treating this like a free mid-life crisis LTR and trying to shed frugal and equestrian. I like grumpy, neurotic, and brooding, too, but not together. Can you imagine how awful it would be to have a grumpy, neurotic, brooding, unstable, and hot headed sim?
Scholar
#11033 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:05 PM
Children can check for monsters under a tent. Apparently running into the dark is less scary then the imaginary thing under the bed er tent. Welp looks like the kids sleeping in a sleeping bag now.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#11034 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 5:50 PM
I found a Yeti in Appaloosa Plains...

He is made of wood. Confirmed hoax.

Theorist
#11035 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 6:28 PM Last edited by HCAC : 29th Mar 2018 at 12:54 AM.
Sadly, I've learned I have to lower my graphics to keep from crashing. It's not too bad, really, for a laptop with only a chipset, not a dedicated graphics card. I keep the Sims details high, the rest, well, they have to be compromised if I want to avoid crashing a lot. I just wanted to play the game and not see "windows has stopped working" every few minutes.

Edit--I played for almost 3 hrs. straight no crashing. I have quite a bit of CC, not a ton, but enough.

So, maybe it's an idea if you are "desperate" to keep playing. I know we all want it all on high but with a game like Sims 3, it's not always possible.
Top Secret Researcher
#11036 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
I didn't actually find this while playing the game, but I was looking at the code with IL Spy cuz I want to make a mod that replaces "Alien Servitude" with the Genie "Ensorcel". Why? Because I want to get Elder sims to drink my Young Again Potion, and I don't know of a better way to do that... Yeah, SN's Fountain of Youth... I'm trying to avoid SN in my "science fiction" themed games.

As you know, Alien Servitude can only be used by an alien on NPCs. This is why you never see it! All the target's energy, food, bladder etc are set to 100%, as they become "Maids" and "Repair Service" for a short while. I didn't know that. Always wondered how sims could stand at the bookstore, food, and Elixir store registers FOREVER.

edit: Also, you can get this "Work out until exhausted" wish even IF your sim has met one of the skill challenges where they never get exhausted. Sim just kept running and running on the tread mill... Then I looked at the athletic skill challenges. He'd already run too much. A newbie blunder. Should have used the weightlift machine.

Sims are better than us.
Alchemist
#11037 Old 29th Mar 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I think we were supposed to get dolphins in TS3 Island Paradise.

Well, in addition to that, I'm sure you knew IP was gonna have manta ray too, right?

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=518598

You were in that thread anyway. :p

Just call me Nikel
Instructor
#11038 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 2:39 AM
Today I discovered that if a sim is famous enough, he gets a discount on hookers professionals, as one does.
Theorist
#11039 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poisi
Today I discovered that if a sim is famous enough, he gets a discount on hookers professionals, as one does.

That's hilarious.
I suppose you are playing with "Woohoo" Nraas?
Instructor
#11040 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
That's hilarious.
I suppose you are playing with "Woohoo" Nraas?

Yes, it's the "Discreet Randevouz" from Woohooer at the day spa. I got that message "Wow, we can't believe it's Famous Sim Name, it normally costs 800 but you only have to pay 600" or whatever - same as when buying groceries, but you know - with professional services instead of produce
Scholar
#11041 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:39 AM
With the lab table you get an option for a ghost potion. So what happens if you use this then make a baby?

Welp need to ditch the wife/husband use this potion make a baby and make an accusation of cheating. We are both alive how can the baby be a ghost! You cheater. Or you know "oh god it's a ghost, honey there is something I need to tell you". XD

Site Helper
#11042 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:18 PM
Sims can't tell that the new baby isn't theirs. Even female sims are willing to accept the new baby as their own, even though they have no memory of ever being pregnant and the baby is very obviously not theirs.

Story-wise, it's up to you how the spouse reacts to a ghost baby. Game-wise, as long as you can put up with "A GHOST!!!!" reactions every time your sim tries to feed the kid or change the diaper it can be fun to have ghost babies.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#11043 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Sims can't tell that the new baby isn't theirs. Even female sims are willing to accept the new baby as their own, even though they have no memory of ever being pregnant and the baby is very obviously not theirs.

Story-wise, it's up to you how the spouse reacts to a ghost baby. Game-wise, as long as you can put up with "A GHOST!!!!" reactions every time your sim tries to feed the kid or change the diaper it can be fun to have ghost babies.

Failed attempt at being funny. Not so much fun to say : The ghost potion from the chemistry set; if you use it and make a baby the baby will be a ghost no actual killing of sims needed.

Lab Assistant
#11044 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:16 AM
That mermaids can swim while holding a puppy. Lol it looks a bit odd though.
Screenshots

"We're cookies and cream. Not double stuffed."
My sims blog
my simblr
Mad Poster
#11045 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sunnyside83
That mermaids can swim while holding a puppy. Lol it looks a bit odd though.

Are we looking at the same screenshot? What I see is a puppy swimming while towing a mermaid.
Theorist
#11046 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 9:02 PM Last edited by HCAC : 11th Apr 2018 at 11:59 PM.
It's a little creepy when your (latest) self sim dies...mine made it to 104 days on normal setting...her husband died a week earlier on Easter. He was 99 days or so and really fit, but "angry." She was more mellow.
I'm going to write an OBIT for her and post it when I get a chance.

Obituary here:
https://modthesims.info/article.php?t=610457
Top Secret Researcher
#11047 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:16 PM
Today... probably due to some mod, I don't know which, I learned something is causing sims not to show up "In Uniform".
For example, if you put the ITF Plumbot Store Register in your hometown, the sim working the register would be dressed the same as a repair technician; but today she was wearing an Everyday outfit. Another example (pic related) the University Mascot shows up not wearing the Llama Mascot costume.
Now, I'm curious as to why she's green... I have many green sims in my bin, but they're all aliens with alien ears and such. She's not an alien - you can tell because even 25% aliens have the black Sclera.
I wonder about these things.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#11048 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Now, I'm curious as to why she's green... I have many green sims in my bin, but they're all aliens with alien ears and such. She's not an alien - you can tell because even 25% aliens have the black Sclera..

Ate some bad food?
Instructor
#11049 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 12:23 PM
Another example (pic related) the University Mascot shows up not wearing the Llama Mascot costume.

That's actually an improvement, imho
Scholar
#11050 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 2:29 PM
Today... probably due to some mod, I don't know which, I learned something is causing sims not to show up "In Uniform".
For example, if you put the ITF Plumbot Store Register in your hometown, the sim working the register would be dressed the same as a repair technician; but today she was wearing an Everyday outfit. Another example (pic related) the University Mascot shows up not wearing the Llama Mascot costume.
Now, I'm curious as to why she's green... I have many green sims in my bin, but they're all aliens with alien ears and such. She's not an alien - you can tell because even 25% aliens have the black Sclera.
I wonder about these things.

I think it has something to do with the "Change when you get home" mod because the same thing happens in my game. I guess it's realistic for the maid to wear w/e they want to clean, but it's a bit disconcerting when an unknown sim comes into your house and starts cleaning when they aren't in uniform.
Page 442 of 490