Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Hcdu
I know some of these are false conflicts, 1st, 4th and 5th. The 2nd & 3rd, Im not sure of. The 5th should not be a conflict. The 6th) shows a duplicate of the 5th, which I've done a search of all download folders and didn't find duplicates. Could someone tell me if/why #2 and #3 are a conflict and why do the last two show the same conflict if I can only find one of each which go together (I think). Sorry, I recently had a close encounter with 'Grimmy' and the stress from it is affecting my concentration. It probably isn't the right time to be cleaning up folders, but it needs to be done and I wanted to check my mods prior to removing stuff I don't want and adding newer stuff. Thanks! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:58 PM
Are you ok Duine? I hope so.

The last two are the same package files but the BCON lines affected are different (the instances). I've no idea what that BO mod does but basically in the scan, there seem to be two places in it which address that BCON - hence two conflict reports. I'd say then 6 is the same as 5 (and thus not a problem).

As for 2 and 3, they sound like similar mods anyway so it's perhaps no surprise they address the same BHAVs. I guess for 2, as they're both mods you 'activate' that might not be much of a problem unless you attempt to activate them in a way that conflicts (i.e. try to assign someone to babysit who is banned by the visitor controller) - both are interfering with the code that the game uses to decide whether a sim needs to go away. One to say - don't get this sim to leave, the other to say make this sim leave. Don't know about 3 so much - as they're both active all the time, you might have a problem there. The game will use the one it reads last I guess (so No Finals at Night). However, both are 2Jeffs and I guess he would have made them to work together. He usually did.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 8:18 PM
I hope also you're okay.
Other than that I am not much of help here, I'm afraid.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:31 PM
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 10:35 PM
Thanks, I read the Simbology posts and I guess there is a conflict of sorts. I do use the no social worker and just used the babysitter one because it seemed more natural than leaving the little ones alone, I'll just remove that anyway. I'll also remove the no finals at night. Thanks for info on those.

For BO's mod, I did compare the info but didn't pick up on the 'Instance ID #, so that one should be ok. His mod spawns objects, using a sim's menu, at community lots that don't show up in build mode, for example the bottomless bottle. Thanks

I'm ok, just had a scare on the 14th which turned out to be anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction to a new blood pressure medicine I was on. I felt like my skin was on fire and turned red and thought I'd go lie down but just before I went to get in bed, something told me call 911 instead. While on the phone the burning and redness was going down my arms, then my legs and they told me to unlock the door and sit and wait. The first person showed up and bp was very high, 3 more showed up with the ambulance and I was already having trouble breathing from swelling, I was in the emergency for about 12 hours before I was good enough to go home. Listening to one's intuition is often a good thing, but I'm okay now. Just nervous until I see my new doctor in week. (:

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:12 AM
Oh poor you - yes, you were right to listen to that inner voice.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 1:14 AM
Glad you did listen to you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 2:06 AM
Wow, glad to hear that you are okay now Duine, that must have been horrible.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 12:43 AM
Thanks, it was a scary experience, something that's on my mind a lot and trying to keep busy to ignore it as much as possible. A visiting nurse came out yesterday to take vitals, my bp wasn't bad and she said it's possible I may be able to go off it soon. I hope so, just hate taking prescriptions just because there are always possible side effects. TV commercials usually made me laugh after a list tons of side effects including death, they say 'ask your doctor for it today'. Now they're more scary to listen to. I eat healthy and go to aqua arobics followed by my therapy water exercises 3 times a week so that's helpful. (:

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:46 AM
Haha, yes you don't want to think about the side effects too much, I've had to take meds my whole life but I'm still here. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 1:53 AM
Well by side effects, they just mean the effects that aren't intended. But in a realistic point of view, effects are effects. A few bads, for some good.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)