Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:02 PM
Default WCIF Pillow These Default Replacement Pillows ?
Hello All, Happy Thursday to you! I am looking for these

Default Replacement Pillows from a pic i saw at GOS, if someone can kindly help. Thank you so much :lovestruc :lovestruc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 1:11 AM
Those are the original pillows. Sims pick a random pillow out of 4 options; blue, white, pink and purple. All shown in the pic below.

As for other replacements, I did find these: http://modthesims.info/d/208209
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:32 AM
I think the only pillows I've ever seen in my game are white??
Instructor
#4 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I think the only pillows I've ever seen in my game are white??
Since I have the game open, I tested it with two sims I was playing with. As you see in the photo, he has a light pink pillow, while she has a lilac one. Case solved! Those colors are vanilla! (You're probably unlucky and your sims pick up the white ones all the time).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:37 AM
There's probably some logic to it, but exactly what the logic is, I don't know. It might have something to do with mood, skills, zodiac sign, how tired they are, or any other random way to pick a pillow. Or it could simply be random.
Instructor
#6 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:41 AM
Tested it again with the same sims. Now she chose the white pillow and he the blue one. So I assume it's random.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:58 AM
There is also a default that changes the pillow into a fish somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I believe it's on MATY.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:47 AM
I never knew they had different coloured pillows either. Probably because I have the hack that stops them doing it unless there's a source of pillows in the room, so I hardly ever see it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:28 AM
So, I see! I have only seen white pillows in my game, but then again, I choose that interaction not that often😃 thanks for testing!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:52 PM
Thanks to this thread, I made some default replacement that fits MY bedding textures..ahah!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is also a default that changes the pillow into a fish somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I believe it's on MATY.

Yes, it's one of Crammyboy's old mods. I need to try this in my game.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,1442.0.html

Here's a video showing it to the Fish Schlapping Song from Spamalot. (the fish slapping starts about halfway through at 0:29)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOYffFPoe-k
Mad Poster
#12 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:40 PM
When I made my default textures, I needed to test them on the pillow mesh, ya know..to see if my textures would fit well. And yeah..the pillow mesh looks like a big fish as well!. once you'd edit it a tiny bit.

Lab Assistant
#13 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Those are the original pillows. Sims pick a random pillow out of 4 options; blue, white, pink and purple. All shown in the pic below.

As for other replacements, I did find these: http://modthesims.info/d/208209

I only have white

Stay to yourself and pretend like no one else exists.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MochaBerries
I only have white

White, or kinda yellow when you see the actual color, is the fabric 1. Sims tend to choose the first one over the 3 others, most of the time. maybe this is why you've seen only that one. But if you are saying that in your game, you are missing fabric 2, fabric 3 and fabric 4..then you certainly have a problem...

Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:21 PM
Some of the color changing items in game will occasionally get stuck on one color. Try to throw a few pillow fights with several random sims, and see if it helps. Sometimes, having something happen once can trigger it to happen again (like having twins ingame - never happens, then happens once, and suddenly every other family gets twins).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:34 PM
Thanks RoxEllen I'm going to give it a go as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
White, or kinda yellow when you see the actual color, is the fabric 1. Sims tend to choose the first one over the 3 others, most of the time. maybe this is why you've seen only that one. But if you are saying that in your game, you are missing fabric 2, fabric 3 and fabric 4..then you certainly have a problem...

This is my first time seeing other colors so I have no idea if I'm missing any lol

Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 12:53 AM
I doubt you do! So don't worry too much. You'd have to fiddle in the game files for this to happen. As simmer22 said already, you might just be stuck on the white one. Follow her advice, and throw a bunch of pillow fights around. That should unstuck them.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:42 AM
Also, it can possibly depend on your game settings. If you have low settings, maybe only the white pillow shows, since it's texture 1. In addition, if you don't place any lights around in the house so the colors gets somewhat washed out, you may not see them very well.

And another thing I noticed - the files were in the University textures. Do you have UNI, the UC, or a collection pack that includes UNI? If not, maybe they're unique to Uni?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:54 AM
Maybe somebody will redo them to make the color pop out more lol

Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:33 AM
So far, in my game, they used fabric 1 and fabric 3. One for each sim. Was cool, because fabric 1 is the pillows that are on their bed (children who pillow fighted..) So it made sense!
Now i hope, if the parents play, that one of them will choose my fabric 2, as it is the one from their bed. hehe

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:45 AM
The fish default is funny even if it looks slightly strange around the head.

~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 8:55 PM
I used the fish replacement in my 'Simstones' hood:

Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 8:59 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 28th Mar 2017 at 1:26 AM.
If you'd like a simple default replacement that ups the saturation, particularly in case the originals don't show very well in your game, I made a few quick edits here (mirror)

Three versions, only use one:

Meet Me In My Next Life
#25 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:15 AM
I never pay much attention to Sims pillow fighting all I know is I Hate It when they do it. They would even do it in the middle of the street. Who on earth would do that ?
That why I use Pescado Mod "No Road pillow" it seem to stop it elsewhere, it make it so they will only do it near a bed.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Page 1 of 2