Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:07 PM
Default Is a gene splicing mod theoretically possible?
So I have an idea for a mod, that may or may not work in practice. Could someone go over my idea and see if it could work?

So basically, the mod is made of two aspects, both of which would derive from the same mechanic: DNA splicing, or words to that effect. Using the DNA samples from GTW, a sim could implant DNA into another sim to impregnate them. Could this work, and could I use the default items, or would I have to create a separate item to the existing DNA?

Building on that idea, the second aspect would allow sims to be used to grow large quantities of growables. Basically, it would act the same way as the DNA implanting, but instead of a baby popping out after three days, a bunch of plants would be added to the Sim's inventory, maybe more than double that from growing it normally. Ideally, the sim would change skintone to a green or something, much like how the illnesses from GTW add skintones when active, and maybe they could perform specific actions, like photosynthesising, which I figure could be possible since that kind of thing happens with base game.

Are this things all feasible? And how difficult would it be for a beginner to implement? Thanks.