Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 6:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default My CC won't show up in my game!
My CC went missing out of nowhere, it shows up in my mods/packages folder but not in my game! If you have any Idea please help!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
Are you on a Mac or Windows? If Windows, is it Windows 10? (The most common source of an accidental duplicated set of User Files. Windows 10 (And 8 for me once) has an irritating habit of confusing the game into deciding that your User Files all belong in Documents on One Drive, so that's where the game looks for them. It doesn't find them, so it creates a new directory there. Since the Mods folder is over where it belongs, the game can't find it in the new directory it made. ) You can tell by checking the time stamp on the config file to see if it matches the last time you loaded the Sims. If it doesn't, check One Drive. If you don't have a duplicate folder there, Save a new game with a weird name that you can remember. then search the computer for a folder with that name.

Or you could simply need to replace your resource.cfg. If it can't read that file it has no idea what to do with all those files in the Packages folder.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Are you on a Mac or Windows? If Windows, is it Windows 10? (The most common source of an accidental duplicated set of User Files. Windows 10 (And 8 for me once) has an irritating habit of confusing the game into deciding that your User Files all belong in Documents on One Drive, so that's where the game looks for them. It doesn't find them, so it creates a new directory there. Since the Mods folder is over where it belongs, the game can't find it in the new directory it made. ) You can tell by checking the time stamp on the config file to see if it matches the last time you loaded the Sims. If it doesn't, check One Drive. If you don't have a duplicate folder there, Save a new game with a weird name that you can remember. then search the computer for a folder with that name.

Or you could simply need to replace your resource.cfg. If it can't read that file it has no idea what to do with all those files in the Packages folder.

Ok so it looks like it's saving onto my One Drive instead of where I actually want it to, should I just delete the sims file from One Drive?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:04 PM
Update: it appears the game was saving through one drive so I made it that my documents don't sync there anymore and deleted the Electronic arts folder. So that problem is good, but I loaded up the game after that and still my cc doesn't appear (and none of my previous saved games for that matter even though they are in the files of the game) and to put the cherry on top my video card isn't being recognized. I love this game but you try and fix one thing and everything collapses

so I guess back to square one, my .packages aren't loading up
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:20 PM
If the game wants to put its TS3 user game folder on OneDrive, it will keep doing so as long as it's allowed to. Probably what is happening is that it generated a new game folder on you after you deleted the unwanted one, again still in OneDrive. If you have no other use for OD, it would be better to deactivate it entirely so that it doesn't exist, not just so that it stops cloud syncing.

Random Google result alert, but in case this helps: https://www.howtogeek.com/225973/ho...r-on-windows-10
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
If the game wants to put its TS3 user game folder on OneDrive, it will keep doing so as long as it's allowed to. Probably what is happening is that it generated a new game folder on you after you deleted the unwanted one, again still in OneDrive. If you have no other use for OD, it would be better to deactivate it entirely so that it doesn't exist, not just so that it stops cloud syncing.

Random Google result alert, but in case this helps: https://www.howtogeek.com/225973/ho...r-on-windows-10

OK so I deleted One Drive (hated it anyway) and went into Sims and still none of my cc or saved games were in it. I did a test where I saved a new game and when I went into the saved game files it wasn't in there...is it possible that it's opening from somewhere else?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:14 PM
Yes. But the way to check for sure is to right-click, do Properties, and look at the Modification Date/Time of the DeviceConfig.log (it might show up as just DeviceConfig) on your intended user game folder in Documents. If it's not the date/time that the game last opened, then you still have a game folder somewhere else that is being used.

As Ghost said earlier, one way to find it is to save the game with a strange name and then do a search on your computer for that file name.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:01 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Yes. But the way to check for sure is to right-click, do Properties, and look at the Modification Date/Time of the DeviceConfig.log (it might show up as just DeviceConfig) on your intended user game folder in Documents. If it's not the date/time that the game last opened, then you still have a game folder somewhere else that is being used.

As Ghost said earlier, one way to find it is to save the game with a strange name and then do a search on your computer for that file name.

Ok I think I have it figured out now, I moved my cc to the folder that was opening the game as well as moved my old saves so all is well currently! thank you for your help I appreciate it!!