Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Nov 2006 at 8:14 PM
Lol, i'd need to study those istances and do a few nasty experiments on them if I'd got some of those lots... Yet, it's cool to read about them...:D
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:08 PM
I used the roof angle cheat ... is the entire roof supposed to accommodate this angle or is there a way to simply do piece by piece with different angles?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 3:06 PM
The roofslope cheat is global for all the lot s roofs, no way to have individual roofing It is one with the Ep4 but it dont works !

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 4:35 PM
Quote:
. .. and of course the inside temperature grows, the air cooler is not sufficient for give fresh air and it is the burning of the motherboard and of the processor.
One solution with no money : open you computer when you are playing a long lime. With about 30 euro and a single screwdriver add one more ventilator and/or, a little more uneasy to do, improve those of the processor.

Patul, yes, that could be. The computer warmed my feet better than my Jack Russell sleeping on them . . . thank you so much for this hint. I will bring my pc to the shop and tell them to add another / better ventilator.

Quote:
Did you remember to close the cheat before putting on the roof?

p$ycho$immer I thought I did. But I cannot swear that I did it.

Quote:
May start to save your lot after doing some significant step or feature to save some HD resources...
May tune down the graphical settings when necessary.
Also, may turn off most optional softwares like browser, word processor....
Scan and remove spywares, etc... if not.

niol, each one of your three hints is right.
When I'm building I forget time and anything. And it happens that I'm fiddling around for eight hours without saving . . . *shameonme*
Because I love the graphical settings I have them all turned on. And I didn't tune them down when going into build-mode. *shameonme*
And with that thing with the optional software . . . in former times I closed nearly everything before starting the sims. But with this windows-xp the pop-up-window shows so many programs and gives so many warnings like: "If you close this or that your system may not run anymore" and so on that I do not dare to close that.
What I do is: I remove the usb-port to the internet with the "delete hardware" button, then close the firewall and the antivirus-programm before starting the sims. (But I am sure, good old windows-guy doesn't want the people to know too much about all the secret runnings the system is doing. And such a pc-granny like me is just not able to understand what she may do or not.)

khakidoo, *hehe* you're so kind. It's not nice that you also have to struggle for your roof. But I was on the way to driving nuts . . .

So - to all of you: thank you so much for your hints and advices. I wrote them down as a check-list before I start sims again. (with a kitchen-watch, that rings every half an hour, telling me: "savethesimssavethesimssavethesims") And on monday I'll ask my computer"docter" about the ventilator. (I had two sons in law who always looked after my computer. But my daughters - silly them!!! - fell in love with other guys and now I'm lost . . . in the mysterious and foggy areas of the computer-space *sigh*)

PS: I didn't dare to restart the computer since my last posting here. But today he started very quickly.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 2 of 2