Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Wait, are we agreeing that @ihatemandatoryregister was insane in the first place, or are we agreeing that we were insane in the first place? Because I have no personal knowledge of ihatemandatoryregister's sanity (though the handle is suspicious evidence) but I'm quite sure that I was insane before I started playing massive hoods.

Honestly, I think you have to be a little insane to play a game that not only requires a zillion mods to fix critical bugs, but corrupts if you so much as sneeze while it's saving.

@Woxxey - take a look at the challenges board. You might find something fun there to try.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:54 PM
It is not insane to play massive hoods at all! I am fairly certain of that! (Now let me go and see what is going on in Family number 143...)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#53 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
It is not insane to play massive hoods at all! I am fairly certain of that! (Now let me go and see what is going on in Family number 143...)

Well, you know what they say -- it's only the sane people who question their sanity. :D

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#54 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bbostic8 on 18th Sep 2017
It's very fascinating to read about your experience, AndrewGloria. As you may or may not know, I had been lurking on this website for about a decade before I ever posted anything, and have come to associate folks like you and PeniG with the greater simming community. You've always had a unique and very touchingly sentimental playstyle from what I've seen and heard, and it's valuable to be able to see why and how. I'd love to see more of Veronaville and Andrew and Gloria, and hear what they're up to these days. :lovestruc
Thanks for the compliment! It is high praise indeed to be mentioned in the same breath as Peni, and I don't really deserve it. When it comes to gameplay, storytelling, and Sims characterisation, Peni is just in a league of her own. IMHO she's just the best! Andrew and Gloria haven't been doing a lot this year because I've been playing other 'hoods. I'm playing my custom Baldrair Bluffs with Peni's Land Grant University attached to get experience of playing University before I send Andrew and other Veronaville teens there. I must get it right for Andrew -- he is special for me. :lovestruc In the spring and early summer I was playing Elswyn, the custom 'hood I started for joandsarah77's Community Spirit contest. I thought of making Elswyn a sub-hood of Veronaville, but, as I mentioned, Veronaville already has a very strong sense of community spirit, and I wanted to see of we could build something similar somewhere else. So this year I started two new 'hoods, something I haven't done since I started New Desconia in early 2014, and my Veronaville Sims have been a bit neglected as a result. There is a tradition that Andrew and Julian always have a date on February 14th (Valentines Day) so I did start up Veronaville that day for them. What with commitments to my new 'hoods, I didn't actually get that date finished until August. I have posted the story of that date and other events that day in the "What's happening in your game>?" thread here, here and here. But thinking about Andrew, Gloria, Garry, Julian et al makes me want to play them. Since Andrew and Julian intend to marry before they go to university (indeed before they leave school) it really is time they thought about getting engaged. So that will give me an excuse open up Veronaville and play them for a few days. Come to think of it, I'd like to touch base with some of my other Veronaville friends. Playing with aging off always means I can do it without things getting out of synch.

Sorry for being so slow in replying @bbostic8 . I've been sitting on this half-written post for weeks.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:31 PM
I've been playing this game since it first came out and I always used to play one family through the generations. It's only a couple years ago that changed to playing a whole neighbourhood in rotation. I started out with Strangetown and loved that so much. Eventually I moved on to Pleasantview, which I still play to this day, where I use challenges to spice up gameplay and create my own drama-filled stories. I've gotten so much more passion for this game since developing a different playstyle and I don't think I'll ever move back to just playing one family at a time.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:18 AM
Well, apart from adding more and more families to the rotation as the generations go along... going from the base game to the Ultimate Collection changed a lot of things in my game. I used to have a pretty firm idea of what a sim's life would be like as soon as they were born or even before - what their aspiration would be, who they would marry, where they would live. Now I'm letting them make up their own minds a little more, following their chemistry and letting them date around downtown before choosing a partner, and sometimes they surprise me. I'm also allowing a little more randomness into the game by rolling for aspiration and orientation when I don't already have a particular storyline planned for a youngster. I'm still pretty controlling, though - I haven't gone so far as to turn them loose with ACR!

I've also got a lot better at building and especially at decorating since learning about some of the placement cheats and looking at pictures of what other players can achieve. My hood has been running for ages, into its fifth generation now, and I wish the layout wasn't quite so higgledy-piggledy, but I think by paying attention to which sort of houses go up next to each other from now on I can make it seem like it's grown organically.
Page 3 of 3