Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:30 PM
Default WCIF Custom Cakes (specifically the hamburger cake)?
So I understand that the Hamburger and some other cake is included in the Digital Deluxe version of the game. I currently only have the limited edition version and this was the version I bought only within days of the game first releasing (I think, or a pre-order?). Anyway, I've suddenly become obsessed with (maxis match) custom food in my game and I weep a little bit inside every time I see the Hamburger cake that came with the DD edition of the game. I think it's adorable, and for some reason the only cakes I'm able to make in-game these days is the chocolate or white cake (for some reason, the option to bake the pink or blue one has disappeared? no matter the skill level).

Thanks to icemunmun, I have a few of their custom foods in my game including the most recent custom space/alien cakes but I'm in search of more! I was wondering if it was at all possible to get the Hamburger cake in my game WITHOUT purchasing the Digital Deluxe edition of the game as it'll literally cost me £12 for a flippin' virtual birthday cake, and that's pretty much all I care about in that upgrade. Other than that, I'm in search of any other (maxis match) cakes and custom foods!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 9:42 PM
Are you sure? I've seen a hamburger cake in the debug items in S4S, and I only have the basegame and GTW. I don't think I've got the Deluxe version, but I'm not sure (there's the cake in debug, but I can't remember having seen the rest of the items). I haven't played around much with the cakes, so it's possible the cake isn't available ingame even if it's in the debug items.

Either way, you may be able to make a custom version if you have the debug version available.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Are you sure? I've seen a hamburger cake in the debug items in S4S, and I only have the basegame and GTW. I don't think I've got the Deluxe version, but I'm not sure (there's the cake in debug, but I can't remember having seen the rest of the items). I haven't played around much with the cakes, so it's possible the cake isn't available ingame even if it's in the debug items.

Either way, you may be able to make a custom version if you have the debug version available.

I actually haven't checked the debug items! I didn't know food was obtainable from there. I might give it a look the next time I load up the game. But I have no idea how I can make it bake-able if it is in the debug items.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:44 PM
Update: I can't seem to find the Hamburger cake in debug items, I can't even find some of the regular cakes that seem to have disappeared from my game. Hoping there's another solution to me getting more custom cakes in my game!
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:51 PM
Just to be sure - open S4S (make sure you have the newest version), click the "create 3D Mesh" under "object", then the "object" button, then tick "Show debug items", and write "ham" in the search line.

I can't remember having gotten the deluxe version (my CD cover isn't easily available atm, so I cant check), but I did a little search round (for UAN - probably the pack name), and it does look like I've got the hotdog costumes, so it's possble the hamburger cake is part of that. Maybe I got the Deluxe version after all, or perhaps it was a limited free update or item code or some such a while back. I can't remember.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:09 AM
All the files for the deluxe edition are already in game and are made unavailable by a few lines of code. I found this out accidentally just this weekend actually. Here's all the deluxe edition recipes (including the hamburger cake) unlocked (and slightly modded bc it's part of a project): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/702015/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
All the files for the deluxe edition are already in game and are made unavailable by a few lines of code. I found this out accidentally just this weekend actually. Here's all the deluxe edition recipes (including the hamburger cake) unlocked (and slightly modded bc it's part of a project): https://www.simfileshare.net/download/702015/

Holy crap, thank you so much. That's also incredibly silly that all of the deluxe edition things are actually in the game, but changed with a bit of code that can be unlocked by paying for an upgrade. But that's EA I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 4:39 AM
I don't mean to bump an old topic, but the file doesn't seem to be working with the latest expac/update. If anyone could find an up to date version, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luxford
I don't mean to bump an old topic, but the file doesn't seem to be working with the latest expac/update. If anyone could find an up to date version, I'd greatly appreciate it!

you should try sending a message to lemememeringue...they may have an update for it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rena2sweet4u
you should try sending a message to lemememeringue...they may have an update for it.

I have done, but I haven't received a response and I can't see any activity from them since December