Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:15 PM
maddy, the old thread was getting really long and unwieldy. This one will too, but a fresh start is good. I also wanted to point out the chat, sim pictures thread, and the stuff about not being a dick to simgurus/others in the first post, cos there were some unpleasant shenanigans happening that were making me give that whole thread the serious side-eye. Rather than post in modbold and have it get swept off in the flow of chatter so many wouldn't see it, it got a new thread.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#52 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:18 PM
Also, we could now adopt a habit of putting gifs behind spoilers, so that browsing the thread doesn't turn into a flashing disco again...
Scholar
#53 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:21 PM
I wonder if the desert world is going to be a gift for the people that register their game, or if we are going to have to pay for it?

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Alchemist
#54 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:22 PM
I'm sure they will give us a world for free to make everyone used to using the $$store$$
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:24 PM
Thanks.
I'm all for new beginnings. Also, totally agree with the whole guru bashing note lol.
Anyway, I think it'd be easier scrolling through the incessant chattery going on, if people with new info would use the "new" emoticon at the beginning of their message. Sometimes I have to read some of this chatter (which sometimes I care nothing of the side chat) and I'm just looking for new info...
I don't mind killing time reading the fidder fadder sometimes....I'll have to admit. Seems other thread don't catch on as much as the "general discussion" threads
I'm fairly new to forums anyway so here I go typing my thoughts and moving swiftly from the topic at hand.... Sims 4 ......
Scholar
#56 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:26 PM
Graham Cracker's on the other thread, he must be so confused why he can't post there anymore.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Alchemist
#57 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lovcat
:
Check the front page (http://www.thesims.com/) to see the breadcrumb.

Okay, I give up. I can't find the breadcrumb.
Scholar
#58 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:30 PM
Extremely glad to see this. The dickery to Graham earlier caused me to take a break for quite a few hours. Blame the organization, don't attack the individual.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#59 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
I'm sure they will give us a world for free to make everyone used to using the $$store$$

Exactly! Also, registration "gifts" are used as incentives to reduce piracy. Although these "gifts" tend to be parts of the game which have been just chopped out and turned into "bonuses".
This is a common practice now days in gaming:
Field Researcher
#60 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:31 PM
Ah I was hoping for a new thread, thank god the old one was so cluttered. I like a fresh start.

I also really agree with the "be nice to Gurus" rule, thanks for that.
Theorist
#61 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applefeather2
Okay, I give up. I can't find the breadcrumb.

You don't see the photo from the E3 booth? It's under "Recent Posts" and the blog is apparently called "Neighborhoods, Weird Moments, and More!"

The link dead ends to the page I linked before, but when it goes live I'm pretty sure it'll be the correct page.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#62 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:35 PM
Can anyone help me with how I am supposed to judge this charts list of pre-orders: http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41812/USA/
Are those 86,314 a lot? Do I somehow have to multiply them by some statistically founded number in order to know whether this is a diappointing or satisfactory situation? And does it mean anything that under Europe and Global TS4 does not even make an appearance?Ok, figured out that part, I think - no available data.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:36 PM
So about favorite foods/music/colors not being included because it doesn't "do anything".... what's up with that?
...and why no attraction system? That really doesn't make any sense to me. It seems like these things should be easy enough to implement, why are they being left out?
Field Researcher
#64 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:36 PM Last edited by SimsTias : 25th Jun 2014 at 7:48 PM.
Let's celebrate a new thread!

Mad Poster
#65 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
Due to recent events, I've decide to list the general statistics of the TISHRA threads, over these past few years:

2012 was a good year.

Somehow, Sweet Treats is the most viewed stuff pack, with the highest post count. I guess people like cupcake bras.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#66 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
The post is live!

http://www.thesims.com/news/neighbo...oments-and-more

Refresh if you're seeing the 404.. might be cached.

Babies and toddlers seem like they may have been combined. (I asked on twitter, waiting for confirmation)

Quote:
We are also very excited about our new Create A Sim! You probably guess this since we’ve been showing it off everywhere. We’re particularly proud of our new Genetics system, where you can create relatives from any other Sim. It’s like a game in itself! As for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders. With our new personalities, you can really feel how their individuality plays out in the gameplay. We can’t wait for you to try it.

Confirmed - Pools not included.

Quote:
Build Mode truly is the most powerful, and fun, Build Mode we’ve ever created. While it’s not possible for us to include every single feature and piece of content we added to The Sims 3 over the last 5 years, we’ve added features that you’ve asked for and that offer a whole new intuitive and fun way to build. These are features like Wall Height Adjustment, Dynamic Foundation Sizing, and Smart Windows! And though pool building won’t be available in September, we do have a new Fountain Tool so you can create sophisticated landscapes. Whether you were a novice builder in The Sims 3, or an experienced pro, I really think you’re going to love The Sims 4’s build mode.

Sounds like they did have issues with the foundation slider and pools.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#67 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:45 PM
The post is live!

http://www.thesims.com/news/neighbo...oments-and-more

Refresh if you're seeing the 404.. might be cached.

Babies and toddlers seem like they may have been combined.

*OR* kids come from exploded-into-confetti babies like TS1. Maybe they are born straight into older babies? Skip the useless newborn stage altogether?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#68 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Somehow, Sweet Treats is the most viewed stuff pack, with the highest post count. I guess people like cupcake bras.

I remember that thread and lemme tell ya, that spike in attention & reactions was not of positive kind... It was more about burning those cupcake bras.
Oh yeah, and that reminds me of LGR's review of that EP:
Test Subject
#69 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:49 PM
*goes to watch the carnage that will be the official forums at the drop of toddlers and pools*
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:49 PM
I am so confused as to why this game is going to cost $70... it doesn't sound worth it at all.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The Sims blog update
And though pool building won’t be available in September, we do have a new Fountain Tool so you can create sophisticated landscapes.

(...)

As for ages, we have babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and elders.

...this is some kind of sick joke, right?

Oh god. Prepare for a shitstorm.
Theorist
#72 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by modifieddesire
*goes to watch the carnage that will be the official forums at the drop of toddlers*

I chummed the waters :3
I'm remaining hopeful that the babies and toddlers were combined somehow.
Inventor
#73 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:50 PM
Babies and toddlers seem like they may have been combined.

Quote:
And though pool building won’t be available in September

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Alchemist
#74 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
I never did understand the point of locking a thread and then starting another one on the exact same thing to continue the discussion. To me that always feels far more disorganised than having one massive thread.
Retired
retired moderator
#75 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Also, we could now adopt a habit of putting gifs behind spoilers, so that browsing the thread doesn't turn into a flashing disco again...

I'm trying not to post in these threads given I don't plan on buying the game at this rate, but I can't resist.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Locked thread
Page 3 of 920