Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3476 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 11:15 PM
Lamare, you just helped me with future legacy lots. That way, guests won't shut you out of the house to pee.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3477 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 12:02 AM
I discovered that cheap bathroom stall can make heat stroke and it can kill.
Field Researcher
#3478 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:12 AM
You mean the shower? Yes, all showers/baths can add to rising temperature, especially in the summertime. It's good to keep an eye on any sim bathing/showering when the weather is hot. If temps rise too high, I make them get out and drink some water for the cooling effect, even if they don't get 100% clean.
Mad Poster
#3479 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:45 AM
This works good: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=286932

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Helptato
#3480 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 11:14 AM
I didn't know "social class" townies could do the gestures with children. Pretty cute!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#3481 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 5:33 PM
I had forgotten how stressed out family Sims get when low on funds. All of a sudden the entire family was rolling wants to be personal trainers, use counterfeiting machine and sell their dog. All because they had 126 in household funds. My dear Sims, if you don't want to have 126 simoleons in household funds then stop wasting it on junk! Went through their inventories and sold off useless stuff they had bought, and voila over 15,000. Took a few days to convince them they were fine, but they've finally stopped with the money-obsessing. Minus selling the dog, which they all still want to do. Poor Leona

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3482 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 7:11 PM
For the very first time ever I had a broken sink! Pierce got up to go to work and saw it, but he was literally running out the door, so he just left it spewing all over the floor. When Unity work up, she thought she could fix it. Her mechanical skill meant she was trying to fix it with a butter knife, so, no go. "Well", she thought. "I better get some clothes on and call for help". While she waiting we thought she'd tidy up a bit. She put some dishes in the sink to rinse them and the gigantic spewing water stopped. I don't know whether she fixed it or not because the repairman didn't complain about the unnecessary call, so I guess he changed a washer or a carberator or something.

Gummi, I have never seen them want to sell their pet! What does it say? How horrible for the poor, poor poochie.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#3483 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 11:40 PM
Today I discovered that if you hire a nanny and make her come all the way to your home just to dismiss her right away or an hour in, she'll eventually get mad and steal your baby. The father dismissed her, she waved, the car arrived and before she got in, she just strolled into the nursery and grabbed the baby. She immediately appeared by the mailbox and soiled her diaper, so it was all good, but pretty scary.
Mad Poster
#3484 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 12:31 AM
Thats just a glitch.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#3485 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fouksia
Today I discovered that if you hire a nanny and make her come all the way to your home just to dismiss her right away or an hour in, she'll eventually get mad and steal your baby.

I agree with ihatemandatoryregistry: It's a glitch.
I once had a parent climb into the carpool while holding his baby. Like, you, I freaked out. But all was well in the end.

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3486 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 1:00 AM
In one of my old hoods, my self-Sim once stole a puppy! Reloading the lot made it reappear at the mailbox, though.

Lab Assistant
#3487 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 1:21 AM
Yeah, I know it's a glitch, I've seen it before but only with parents. I freaked out a bit because it was an npc leaving with the baby and I didn't know how it would turn out -if I didn't intervene and summon her back into the lot, that is. I just saved and she appeared by the mailbox, though, I didn't even have to exit and re-enter the lot.
Scholar
#3488 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 2:54 AM
I had somebody make off with a princess from my Victorian hood. I didn't even see if it was the nanny or a guest. I was expecting a ransom note, but happily Her Royal Highness reappeared by the mailbox on reloading. The nanny was fired nonetheless; one cannot work in a royal household and allow these things to happen!
Mad Poster
#3489 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 6:13 AM
Actually, once a nanny not only stole the baby, she kept it! I was shocked-because I thought at the time, the baby would reappear with the lot when I opened it up again-no..that baby was gone!

I had to re-steal the baby back by using the 'summon' function of Insimenator to get him/her back. Never has happened since..but I also don't use nannies either any more. I don't trust them to keep their hands off the kids!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3490 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
I had somebody make off with a princess from my Victorian hood. I didn't even see if it was the nanny or a guest. I was expecting a ransom note, but happily Her Royal Highness reappeared by the mailbox on reloading. The nanny was fired nonetheless; one cannot work in a royal household and allow these things to happen!

I would have temporarily moved her into the nanny's household and played a ransom note scenario. XD
Mad Poster
#3491 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:32 AM
Nannies don't steal babies, they take them away for a night to give the parents a break
Lab Assistant
#3492 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:56 AM
Actually, I think that my nanny just dislikes the family. They have an older son and, while watching him in their previous house, she stayed outside until she wet her skirt and then she up and left in the middle of her shift. The father is a family sim, so the social worker came and gave a warning (and I finally got to see how plead with the social worker works) and about an hour after that the mother came home with a promotion, thanks to a chance card, so everything was fine but Katarina is either senile or hasn't forgiven Kelsey for puking on her twice as a baby.
Mad Poster
#3493 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 11:08 AM
Speaking of senile, gdayars made a rather interesting interpretation of something that happened in my game. I was playing my household that has a premature baby (not game feature, something I implement myself) and out of nowhere, a playable elder of mine walks in and sits down in the rocking chair in the nursery. He doesn't know anyone in the family (I checked, neither of them had "have met" flag for him), he doesn't work in the same career as either of them, and he's got 2 in outgoing. So gdayars suggested he has dementia He does have a tendency to pop up in weird situations so I've decided to roll with it and write in to his character that he has dementia

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3494 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 2:30 PM
Whenever my Sims need a nanny, I use Squinge's selectable NPC thing to hire Kendal Lawson. She's the best of the three from what I've seen.

Mad Poster
#3495 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:30 PM
With the increased chances of abduction mods that I use, I am actually trying for a baby whenever I have my male sims go stargazing.
Lab Assistant
#3496 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:39 PM
Today, I discovered how simple it really is to improve loading time and performance in my game! I'm playing on a year old laptop with excellent graphics and capacity, and was wondering why my game always took at least ten minutes to load. I finally rolled up my sleeves and deleted that CC I have been meaning to remove for literally years now, and now my game is ready to go in two minutes!
Mad Poster
#3497 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 4:45 PM
Oh wow! Was what that CC?? It clearly didn't belong in your game.
Oh....and I discovered, rather only realized today, that I do not need 2 mods that lets you control any sim...I got rid of MindControlMirror, because I have Control This Sim !
Which is way better. I've been using it(too much!) for as long as...and so far, no chaos happened.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3498 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:41 PM
In the logs folder, I opened up OETreeDelete.xls in a text editor to see exactly what it was. Can't make much sense of most of it, but the first line was interesting:

Code:
Object being deleted on tick	0	:	Holiday - NPC - Hacker	ID	1, in tree	Function - Main	ID	4097	 on node	2	 with object	Holiday - NPC - Hacker	as me, and object	Holiday - NPC - Hacker	 as the tree owning object

There's also a reference to "Emitter - Me So Sexy"

Lab Assistant
#3499 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 8:44 PM
Honestly, Rosebine, it was only a few odds and ends. I got rid of some redundant files, a bunch of eyebrows, and some outfits and shirts I don't use from fanseelamb, and boom. Two minute load time and even that is generous. I admit I'm a little sad I won't get to read my book during load times anymore, but it's way worth it.
Scholar
#3500 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 9:52 AM
I discovered that when a sim throws up during a date, it lowers the date-o-meter! (Poor Holly Hanby... wait, Holly Kinkaid... no, Holly Gothier -- it's tough being a Romance sim during Bitville's Baby Boom.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Page 140 of 440