Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#3501 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 1:07 PM Last edited by Fouksia : 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:39 PM.
It does lower the date-o-meter, it's happened to me, too. Dying during the date causes it to plummet, as well. I once had a townie marry as an elder and he didn't get to go perma-plat, so I sent him on a date but he died before it was over and his date did *not* appreciate it. She left flaming poo on his doorstep for his daughter to find.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3502 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 8:42 PM
Did some searching out of curiosity, and I think I found the oldest download on this website.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3503 Old 1st Aug 2017 at 11:59 PM
Quote:
Whenever my Sims need a nanny, I use Squinge's selectable NPC thing to hire Kendal Lawson. She's the best of the three from what I've seen.

Oh, yes-she's a solid citizen in my neighborhood-you should make her selectable, move her into the household, and age her back to adult. She's gorgeous.

In Bellefleur, she married Beau Broke and was on the police force until she quit. Recently had twins, and I'll be curious how they will look/act when they grow up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#3504 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:43 AM
Sims can roll wants to buy TREES. Marianne, you live in an apartment with NO free terrain, where the hell am I supposed to put a tree?
Mad Poster
#3505 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Did some searching out of curiosity, and I think I found the oldest download on this website.

Woah! free CC.

I had a teen roll a want to buy a rug..never saw that want in all the years I've been playing.
And then of course, I got surprised when her want got fulfill...as I added my bath curtain add-on to the tub. Right! I cloned a carpet to make this.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3506 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:01 AM
I discovered a mod that lets your sims play TS4 instead of SSX! http://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.c...-for-the-sims-2

However they still cheer and whoop when playing it on the console.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#3507 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:05 AM
All sims cheer and whoop when playing anything. That has always bothered me. I wish I could change the play games animation on their pc, to the chat with someone one. No one looks this stupid when playing The Sims..or else.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#3508 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Sims can roll wants to buy TREES. Marianne, you live in an apartment with NO free terrain, where the hell am I supposed to put a tree?

Mine always want to buy an orchard tree. Even when they already have three of them.

Wait, does a money tree satisfy the want? Eh, probably not. Though that would be cool.
Instructor
#3509 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 8:22 AM
I know, sims have rolled wants to buy orchard trees in my game too, but this girl wanted a REGULAR one, that's why I found it weird. And no, buying a money tree does not satisfy that want, I just tried, and it didn't work.
Mad Poster
#3510 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fouksia
It does lower the date-o-meter, it's happened to me, too. Dying during the date causes it to plummet, as well. I once had a sim marry as an elder and he didn't get to go perma-plat, so I sent him on a date with his wife but he died before it was over and his date did *not* appreciate it. She left flaming poo on his doorstep for his daughter to find.

Oh my God. The absolute inappropriateness of that lol. Although I have to say if my date died I wouldn't consider it a very good date either.

Quote: Originally posted by velvetina

She's hinting that she wants a little cottage in the woods. XD
Field Researcher
#3511 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 9:51 AM
I like the want to buy a flowerbed. I seem to remember a Fortune sim rolling that one after I spent weeks not buying her anything else she wanted. It was like she was begging, "Please, please, let me buy something I don't need."

I haven't seen it in a long time, though.
Mad Poster
#3512 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 11:40 AM
I've always enjoyed it when my toddlers want to buy a bush.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#3513 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 12:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I've always enjoyed it when my toddlers want to buy a bush.

Er, I thought toddlers wanting to buy bushes was a sign of corruption?
Mad Poster
#3514 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:03 PM
I remember a conversation about that - but I can't remember if it was established to be a sign of corruption. Maybe they are just young nature lovers (from chasing butterflies and fireflies ).
Mad Poster
#3515 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:22 PM
I know there's a fix for it, and I have that. I haven't had it happen in a long, long time. But, it's still funny. I just always assumed they were going to grow up to be nature lovers.

I don't think it's a sign of corruption, though. I think it's just an eaxis boo boo

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#3516 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 1:35 PM
I think that it's one of those wants that toddlers don't normally roll and therefore a sign of corruption. Usually, whenever my toddlers ask to buy plants, they also ask for clothes and/or cars.

One of my teens rolled the wish to play handheld with another sim. I've been playing since Bon Voyage came out, how do I still discover new things?
Mad Poster
#3517 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 2:12 PM
I have been playing since Sims 2 came out and still discover new things
Lab Assistant
#3518 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:07 PM
That is one of the reasons why I'll never stop loving this game. I've been playing since I was a teenager and I'm nearing my 30s. My gaming style has changed as much as I have over the years and there's always something new to discover. With sims 3 and 4 it feels like I can fully explore each EP in a few days or even hours and then it's over.
Lab Assistant
#3519 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 3:55 PM
That reminds me: the last time I had a sim throw a New Year's party, Santa showed up in the middle of the party out of nowhere, for the third night in a row, even though there were no more cookies left. Now, Father Time was about to arrive as well and the suspense was killing me because was everything going to be ok? Would my game go BFBVFS? Just how would this turn out? And it turned out everyone just froze in place the moment Father Time showed up. I was moving around in the household and it looked like they were doing the mannequin challenge and it was pretty awesome to see them paused mid-making ruckus or smustling or whatnot but I also pooped my pants a little until I spotted Father Time, I deleted him and they all started moving again. I mean, really, the game was worth buying for this sort of glitch alone. Sims 4 could never. :P
Mad Poster
#3520 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I remember a conversation about that - but I can't remember if it was established to be a sign of corruption. Maybe they are just young nature lovers (from chasing butterflies and fireflies ).

Here's the discussion on it: https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...mments&page=588

In post 14693, joandsarah77 says this:

Quote:
Toddlers wanting a tree or shrub is a normal want Charity, not a sign of corruption.

When Pauline Aspir rolled the want shortly after her parents did, I closed the game and did a hoodcheck. Everything came up normal (aside from a handful of self-relationships).

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#3521 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 4:30 PM
A sim who dates the professor at Uni will take her, uh, finals at a different time than everyone else. At like 1:00 am by herself. Dear game, I love you...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#3522 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 6:09 PM
I've never had a toddler express a desire for clothes or a car. That probably is a sign of corruption.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3523 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

It actually is, and it looked like this back then:

At the bottom of the page, you can see who was online:

A few familiar names there!
By October 2004, there were already many tools and hacks for Sims 2- including SimPE.
Mad Poster
#3524 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:26 PM
"Sexy pink teen outfit with g-string" and "White lacy thong"? I guess there weren't as many restrictions on adult content back then.

Lab Assistant
#3525 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
"Yes, the adult section had nude skins, but to due to bandwidth usage they had to shut it down for now."

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Page 141 of 444