Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3526 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
"Sexy pink teen outfit with g-string" and "White lacy thong"? I guess there weren't as many restrictions on adult content back then.

Now you see where modyourpanties came from, yes?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3527 Old 2nd Aug 2017 at 10:26 PM
What I discovered last night was, I still really enjoy when my sim complains about a task I assigned them to do. That little whine and moan from child, teen, adult or elder still makes me chuckle.

No chemicals or GMOs in my sims' food.
Mad Poster
#3528 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:18 AM
I haven't played yet today - it's loading now - but I decided I needed to change an object. The people at WCIF kindly directed me to Voville's Model T and Model A downloads, but when I took them to my retro hood and went to buy them, I found that they cost $7800!

Now, the whole point of the Model T and Model A was, that almost anyone could afford them. They were what brought the price point down on cars to where they became mainstays of American life rather than rich men's toys. So I took copies of the files to the machine that will run SimPE properly, and opened them up. The price was in hex code, which I couldn't read to save my life, but what I discovered was, that SimPE has a tab for that field that lets you change it to decimal notation!

I almost forgot to change the depreciation fields, and I hope I did that right. And I didn't change the GUID or anything not to do with the price, with the result that they're still much too comfortable and fun. But it's good to know I don't have to come begging for help to read hexadecimal when I need to do this.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3529 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:04 AM
yes just change it to decimal and it allows you to enter a price in

"quick tutorial for those who don't know how "

Go to OBJD data, at bottom hit raw data tab. There are options for binary decimal and hexadecimal over at the right. choose decimal. then go down to catalog price (still in raw data tab) there is a price line below the catalog price section. if you enter what you want it to cost there, then hit commit (over on the left, below filename) then save, it gives you an all new price.
Mad Poster
#3530 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:42 AM
And don't edit Sale Price, because that is not related to price, but instead appears to be related to quartertile placement.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3531 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:01 AM
Elmira August was reading to toddler. She was using different voices as she read. That was so sweet. I never noticed it before.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
just a girl
#3532 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
And don't edit Sale Price, because that is not related to price, but instead appears to be related to quartertile placement.

Any idea how it works? I sometimes set it to 0 and haven't noticed what it actually does in game.
Mad Poster
#3533 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 4:27 AM
No, not entirely. Just know that HL said the hex code you edit to make things quartertile placeable seems to be editing sale price, mentioned here.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#3534 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 2:49 PM
Wow! Good to know! On the sale price actually being quarter tile placement.
Mad Poster
#3535 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt

Really? That's...bizarre. I wondered why it was so low...anyhow I left it alone, subtracted it from the original price, and made the difference into 1st day depreciation, so let's hope that works. I don't think I've ever used quartertile placement, and certainly wouldn't with a car, so it probably wouldn't matter if I did.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3536 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 5:08 PM
I would think that it was a value for a planned feature that was later nixed and then repurposed into the quartertile thing, and SimPE just never updated for that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#3537 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:50 AM
How could I not know this before?! Apparently you can delete the chimney with the sledgehammer and the fireplace will still work. Took me some years to realize... feeling a bit ashamed.
Mad Poster
#3538 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 3:48 PM
Here's a discovery I made: Using the filters, you can find just new object meshes instead of recolours:

Dunno how I never found this before.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#3539 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 8:40 PM
found out awhile ago::
desk objects can go to inventory with or without the desk; at least computers & "table" lamps. and there can be duplicates of those objects.
I imagine it is similar with other surfaces/objects.
Mad Poster
#3540 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:06 PM
@mdsb759 - have you heard about the duplication glitch? If you put something on a surface (even OMSPs work), place it into the inventory, take it out, take the objects off, place the empty surface back in the inventory, and switch to either aspiration or career rewards and back, the objects on top of the desk will end up duplicating. This helped Leod McGreggor recover after Pescado's fruit bowl ate all his custom herbs and spices (which I think were cloned from Maxis crops). Just don't do it with gravestones or something. That would probably go badly.

Alchemist
#3541 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:51 PM
have not heard before your post.
what is OMSP?
Mad Poster
#3542 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:54 PM
One More Slot Please. It's basically a positionable surface that can be turned invisible. You can even put Sims on some of them for posing reasons. It mostly just provides for a bit more flexibility when decorating but there's some that let you put computers on countertops or prepare food on toilets (???) and things like that.

Forum Resident
#3543 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:15 PM
I have two sets of OMSPs but have not gotten around to using them much because I don't know all the things they can do. For example, I had no idea that one could be used to prepare dinner on a toilet!

Here are a couple links:
http://modthesims.info/d/325570 (a better idea of what they can do)
http://modthesims.info/d/317716 (so many that it makes my head spin!)

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3544 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
Here's the food prep one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=329446

Forum Resident
#3545 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 4:25 AM
Here's the food prep one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=329446

Ah, I needed a separate kind of OMSP to put food prep someplace else. Now it makes sense. Thanks! I needed this!

Something else I learned today . . . I can change the name of a custom neighborhood in the neighborhood screen!
How did I go all these years without knowing that?

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Mad Poster
#3546 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 5:12 AM
It's not that obvious is how. I only discovered it by mistake.

Alchemist
#3547 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 10:28 PM
a neighborhood's name can also be changed in SimPE; "Catalog Description" resource.
in game; I found out long ago.

for those who do not know: in the neighborhood choosing screen, there is a box underneath the "icon" containing the name. click in that box, edit the name then click out of the box.
though if game crashes, some chance of the neighborhood name changing back to what it was.
Scholar
#3548 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
I (re)discovered how wonderful a good guest can be to an overwhelmed couple! In the Bitville/Four Corners hood, Sara and Adrian Rhome had their very demanding twins Alice and Wennen (...considering that he'll be going to school with kids with names like Flawless, Perfect, Trouble, and Mayhem, it's not so bad) and they were very, very, VERY tired. Especially since Wennen is the most velcro-y, needy baby I've ever seen in the game. He wanted to be held. Always.

Well, the Rhomes are friends with downtownie Jane Anderson and social townie Clarence Phillipine -- both Family sims -- and they were amazeballs. They would hold, feed, and even bathe the babies completely unasked in the separate times each was invited over. Which gave the Rhomes a free moment to do important things like eat and bathe and possibly even sleep for more than an hour.

(And Jane and Clarence think each other is awesome, too. I'm hoping they produce a childcare empire like the mighty Subjects of Strangetown or "HAND ME THE BABY, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG." Rhett Hart of Widespot! Though it remains to be seen whether or not Rhett passed his babbycare prowess to any of his six daughters yet.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#3549 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 7:30 AM
Today, I discovered a couple of new things as I was playing the Gavigans. Isaiah has been on kind of a "cool guy" streak in his teenage years, going on dates every night and not doing his homework. Well, today he came home from school with a D on his report card, and rolled the fear of going to school, which I have never seen before. I later had him search for a job as his girlfriend, Tina Traveller, is pregnant now with his baby, and was very surprised to learn that when a failing student applies for work, a pop-up will appear that states that the sim should focus on their schoolwork first before getting a job. I had never seen any of this before, but I've also never had a student perform as badly as Isaiah is.
just a girl
#3550 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 11:55 AM
mdsb759 - have you heard about the duplication glitch? If you put something on a surface (even OMSPs work), place it into the inventory, take it out, take the objects off, place the empty surface back in the inventory, and switch to either aspiration or career rewards and back, the objects on top of the desk will end up duplicating. This helped Leod McGreggor recover after Pescado's fruit bowl ate all his custom herbs and spices (which I think were cloned from Maxis crops). Just don't do it with gravestones or something. That would probably go badly.

Placing on a surface is not necessary, by the way. I cloned single objects like this without any tables many times.
Page 142 of 440