Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night - posted on 15th Jul 2017 at 7:21 PM
Replies: 3566 (Who?), Viewed: 127312 times.
Page 143 of 143
Field Researcher
#3551 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:40 PM
The Reaper came for Nick Most as he eldered up. Nick was just stepping out of the car from work and went to hula-land.forthwith. His household (and me too!) were all shocked.

Never seen a sim die that young "naturally". Only 55 Sim days. NIck was platinum that day, but not perma plat.His lifetime want (50 dream dates) was unfulfilled. He did start life as a townie child, and sometimes it seems former townies meet the Reaper early. I always age up townie kids with Simblender so that *might* be a factor.
Instructor
#3552 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:00 PM
Recently got my foot in the door when I moved a Sim into an apartment. Turns out calling neighbors at 10:30pm is a good way to piss them off. I've adapted to Sims calling just to chat at nearly midnight (and I can do the same), so I thought nothing more.

Fortunately since there's a chessboard outside my Sim's apartment door, that helped repair his relationship with the angered neighbor.
Theorist
#3553 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskganesh
The Reaper came for Nick Most as he eldered up. Nick was just stepping out of the car from work and went to hula-land.forthwith. His household (and me too!) were all shocked.

Never seen a sim die that young "naturally". Only 55 Sim days. NIck was platinum that day, but not perma plat.His lifetime want (50 dream dates) was unfulfilled. He did start life as a townie child, and sometimes it seems former townies meet the Reaper early. I always age up townie kids with Simblender so that *might* be a factor.

What kinds of mods do you have? You might want to use hack conflict detection utility.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Field Researcher
#3554 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
What kinds of mods do you have? You might want to use hack conflict detection utility.

My take is that it's not a problem unless it's endemic (and it's not). So even if this in fact a glitch an error or a conflict, it's good to have random surprises. A singular early death like this is a great plot twist.
Instructor
#3555 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 10:55 PM
I discovered that today was not my best gaming day.

OK, the lot I first played was not a problem, even if the burgler glinched when getting into the police car. But then I turned my attention to an other family of three: an adult man, an older woman and an (alien) teenage daughter. The family use to be OK but today they did their best to drive me crazy. They refused to do anything right. The girl was a kid and I aged her up using the cheat but for some unknown reason the wireless keyboard did not respond as it should so it took a while to get the code right. I had her family get new clothes for the girl before aging her up and they looked great but I wanted to add some accessories too. But both bracelets and wrist clock glinched into her arms. I do not know why but they did looks very bad and I thought it have to do whit her being an alien. On the bright side: she did not like the accessories and when I changed her apperence and took them off she was happy. And as I was happy she did not glinche I said: OK, we have an agreement.
Field Researcher
#3556 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 3:58 AM
Sims awkwardly walk over floor embedded lights like they do for toddler toys ... Its annoying to watch. I had to put the walkway lights to the side *sigh*

Ah the joys of playtesting

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Theorist
#3557 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 7:32 AM
You can fail at helping a sim out by apparently not listening. Dunno if it's due to mood or grouchiness.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
Scholar
#3558 Old Yesterday at 2:34 AM
What do you mean "helping a sim out"?
Field Researcher
#3559 Old Yesterday at 6:09 PM
A working Sim who is on maternity leave when the game is reset will not only do a little bump-out scene and get another message about being on maternity leave, she will also get a second lot of maternity leave added to her paid vacation time!
Mad Poster
#3560 Old Yesterday at 6:18 PM
I finally saw the "Captain Hero" outfit, and the animation that goes along with the career. Now I know where some other custom careers got their custom animation from.

But unfortunately the outfit is not available for wearing all the time, I found. Darn-I was hoping to use it on the one who earned it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
#3561 Old Yesterday at 6:21 PM
I think you can use Pescado's clothing tool thing to grab the outfit for regular wardrobe.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's?
Scholar
#3562 Old Yesterday at 10:45 PM
noticed awhile ago::
most residentials in the pre-made Downtown are similar to lot bin lots. some have more differences than floor/wall colors; mainly windows.
the graveyard lot (House of Fallen Trees) does not resemble any lot bin lot. and 201 Custer Boulevard has extra building; like a patio over its driveway.

discovered recently::
downtown residentials seem to be the same price as their main-neighborhood counterparts.
#3563 Old Today at 2:30 AM
Apparently some custom jobs, rather than have a carpool drive up, has the Sim jump into the air and vanish to work. What the?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's?
Field Researcher
#3564 Old Today at 3:02 AM Last edited by velvetina : Today at 3:04 AM. Reason: AAAAAAAAAAAAA
They must be cloned from the Law Enforcement or Natural Scientist careers. Sims at the top level of those jobs go to work flying, and originally, if that action was canceled, they lost the day's pay because the carpool didn't come for them. At least AL lets them walk to work...

"Exijo una explicacion!"
Test Subject
#3565 Old Today at 4:41 AM
When two sims are BFFs they won't get mad when they see their partner cheat with them
(An example, since I feel like I explained that poorly: Andy and Bob are best friends forever. Andy has a girlfriend, Carol. When Carol decides to cheat on Andy with Bob and Andy sees that, neither of the three get mad at each other)
Mad Poster
#3566 Old Today at 4:43 AM
It's easier to make up with BFFs, but jealousy should still apply. This may be a mod - or a lack of a mod, as Maxis code doesn't register some interactions as romantic that it should. Or there was a fence in the way and he didn't see it because he wasn't in the same room.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#3567 Old Today at 9:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matryoshkah
When two sims are BFFs they won't get mad when they see their partner cheat with them
(An example, since I feel like I explained that poorly: Andy and Bob are best friends forever. Andy has a girlfriend, Carol. When Carol decides to cheat on Andy with Bob and Andy sees that, neither of the three get mad at each other)

This is Cyjon's Less Jealousy in action: http://www.cyjon.net/node/402
Page 143 of 143