Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:50 AM
Default Resource.cfg for certain patch?
Hey everyone, I recently had to do a full reinstall of TS3 and am very much missing all the things that .package files offer, especially my sliders. I downloaded the CC folder from MTS in order to get the resource.cfg file needed but every time I place it in the Mods folder, I get an error telling me I seem to have an unofficial modification installed that doesn't match my current game version. I am patched up to 1.57 and have no plans to fully patch up any time soon.

Any one who can offer any help is greatly appreciated!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 8:04 AM
What Resource.cfg must look like inside hasn't changed since Patch 1.12. The error you are getting means that you have a Core Mod that is not intended for your current patch level, they need to match exactly. The reason you wouldn't see the error if you removed Resource.cfg is that then none of your package based files will load at all, they will just be ignored.

There are only five TS3 Core Mods out there in common usage, could it be any of these?
NRaas ErrorTrap
NRaas UntranslatedKey
CmarNYC's XCAS
Consort's 2x Weight/Fitness
AwesomeMod

The first four still have older, 1.57 compatible versions available. Awesome in particular does not and cannot be used on that patch level. Not sure I would recommend staying on 1.57 generally, but I take it you know what you are doing.