Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Story Progression
I used Nrass story progression and other nrass mods before but they caused my game to lag a lot. Are there any alternatives or ways to make it not lag ?.
My specs are high enough but here they are:
Amd Fx-6300
Nvidia geforce gtx 750ti 2 gb edition
8 gb ram
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:05 PM
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 11:17 PM
In Story Progression you can try changing the speed of announcements from "Default" to "Slow" and see if that helps.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 12:44 AM
Nraas pages covers many tweaks for the SP and other modules. And nraass page is the best place to ask in general. You'll find there really nice, competent and helpful people. You know - they actually do that stuff. We just mostly make a mess. (I do, anyway).

(did I earned my nraas-cookie-ready badge, guys?)

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 6:49 AM Last edited by igazor : 25th Jul 2017 at 7:32 AM.
In addition to hardware configurations, which are worth discussing further, the impact SP will have is also dependent on the resident population of the world in question. You can get a quick reading on what that resident population is using MasterController. On City Hall, NRaas > MC > Demographics > Population > "X" to dismiss the filter. On a world with 300 residents, running SP on Normal speed will have a much greater impact than on one with let's say 50 residents. Regardless though, many of us find the impact to be an acceptable trade-off for the improved gameplay the mod provides, as long as we can find a way to make it work well without driving ourselves (more) crazy in the process.

The speed settings are not just about story announcements, they cut across all of SP's various Managers. The heaviest hitting one is the Careers Manager, again in large worlds with large numbers of sims progressing in careers, that one is going to take what could be a noticeable toll on very many players' games. The Managers' speeds can also be adjusted independently of each other.

Yes, we can provide more in-depth help at NRaas. But here is a page also worth looking at, if you are not familiar with it.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Tips+Fo...ame+Performance

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
(did I earned my nraas-cookie-ready badge, guys?)

Not my department, but you did get a Funny for that entry.