Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 12:03 PM
Default Money on changecards
I looked into the BCons money rewards / loosings for the change cards.

It seems that from card 7 onwards you have to divide the money by 1000 and enter that value.

say you will win on every card when choosing Option A, money worth 10.000 simoleons your values in SimPE should be:
card: value:
1 10000
2 10000
3 10000
4 10000
5 10000
6 10000
7 10
8 10
9 10
10 10

(I didn't convert it to hex but you don't have to use that with the latest version of SimPE.)

It seems the game wil multiply the money value by a 1000 from card 7 onwards.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 19th Jan 2005 at 9:10 PM
Ok, I've looked, and I just know I'm missing something but...

I made the Photography career, and it appears to work fine in my game (used the Business career as the base, but everything is changed.). Fixed the 'Group ID' problem (changing it over to 0xFFFFFFFF). Has a unique GUID from the registration site... So... Now...

My question is: I've been asked about converting the 'text lists', and I'm not at ALL sure how that's done. I really can't see myself finding language conversions for everything (although I would if I knew how! I only know english), but it seems to be something important, so....

Help?
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 1:43 AM
that's easy kat, you click on it in english, and click change in all and it will change all the languages over. i mean hilight the text in the text list so it cxomes up in the little box then click the change in all and after you have done all of them all down the list, yes a long time, click commit and save, recheck by picking dutch or something to make sure it's worked, i've had it not save a few times.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 2:47 AM
I'll have to check that out. Thank you. This is all just a little confusing to me. ehheeh And I thought I was smarter than this!
Lab Assistant
#105 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 2:24 PM
ok now i have a question, i know the career files all pull up the JobDataGlobals 0x7F8F4EB6. so i extracted that and had a look at it. now what i want to do is use use the one i extracted instead of the game one. but SimPE wont allow me to change the global data. is there a work around, is this something i shouldn't be experimenting with?
see cause i am working on a career but i want the people to stay at home. the thing i need to change is in there, or at least it looks that way right now. i have been known to be wrong.
Test Subject
#106 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 10:19 PM
How do I change the GUID of a career? I used a copy of the business career to make a new one, but it over-wrote the in-game business career. I assume by changing the GUID, it will become a seperate career. Anyone help?
#107 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:41 AM
Default No loading in family view
So i've made my career, changed the GUID #, changed the Group # (first I tried 0xFFFFFFFF, but now have my own #) and cannot get it to work in the game. Every time I try to load a family (any family) the computer is perpetually in hourglass mode (not frozen, it just never opens up the family). I'm so upset about it because I spent so much time editing everything, including the chance cards. Anyone experience this before? Any hints?
Test Subject
#108 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:06 AM
Default help
i need help can someone send my a full walkthough worded a little better on how to make custom careers i have tried day in and how to follow the one posted in this forum.if you can send me one send it to:

[email protected]

thank you!
#109 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Swimtotheend9933 : 25th Jan 2005 at 3:55 PM.
Can't understand. And how do u use SimPE career editorCan't understand. And how do u use SimPE career editor

like where do u unzip it to?

How do u use this??????? Mine won't work!!! HELP ME PLEASE!

I have winrar. That is where it is at.

Someone please help me!
retired moderator
#110 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 12:56 PM
Swimtotheend9933: You don't have to create a new post for every sentence. If you want to add to your original post, using the "Edit" button will do the trick.
#111 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 3:53 PM
I'm sorry I just kept thinking of new things and I'm kinda new so ya. Thanks for helpin me! I wkll edit it now!
retired moderator
#112 Old 25th Jan 2005 at 6:54 PM
Not a problem! I'm glad to see you posting, and I do hope you will find help. I haven't yet tried careers, so I will refrain from posting to help. <BG>
Lab Assistant
#113 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 8:05 AM
So if I change the text files, this will solve the problem of the career not showing up in non English versions?
#114 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 3:28 AM
Default Help!!!!
Has no one had a problem loading families after putting a career package file in their downloads folder? I'm not sure what the problem could be, or what to check for in SimPE. I changed the GUID # and group number... no problem there...

PLEASE REPLY!!! I have a great career with chance cards and everything just waiting to be shared!

Andrea
Test Subject
#115 Old 1st Feb 2005 at 4:58 AM
How do you export the career thumbnail for editing?
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 3:21 AM
my brain cells are dying =P
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Feb 2005 at 11:46 PM
where can i get regular simpe?
#118 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 6:17 AM
My brain has turned to goo.
What is GUID? What do all these numbers mean? And where exactly are all these things supposed to be?
Test Subject
#119 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 9:57 PM
I would like to how to add my own image as the career icon.Should I upload the image somewhere and where do I go to change it.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 10th Feb 2005 at 11:18 PM
naidia, in SimPE you have to got to jpg/tga/png Image, there you'll find a list of the 4 images that can be changed.
Field Researcher
#121 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 12:08 PM
Whereabouts are the career packages? I can't get the Career Editor to show-up at all, now it seems I have to put a career package into the downloads folder first?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
#122 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:05 PM
Ok I think I made a big mistake..

Is there a way to fix this..I did a teen/elder career but when i test it the first level is the second and then it came back.There is only 2 levels maybe thats the problem...Anyway when I look in Text lists the first level is under Unemployed.Anyone know how to fix this?
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:11 PM Last edited by naidia : 11th Feb 2005 at 1:18 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ancient Sim
Whereabouts are the career packages? I can't get the Career Editor to show-up at all, now it seems I have to put a career package into the downloads folder first?

First you have to put the simpe.career.plugin.dll in C:\Program Files\SimPE\Plugins

THEN:

1. Download a Base Career from this post and unzip it on your desktop.
2.Open SimPE 3.Go to File > Open... Load the career you want to change.
4.Go to Plugins > Career Editor it should load it
Field Researcher
#124 Old 11th Feb 2005 at 1:51 PM
This has worked and I can view the careers now, but it hasn't really helped in what I want to do. I am trying to get the custom careers to show-up in SimPE and/or TS2 Enhancer, rather than coming out as "Unknown" in SimPE and "Unemployed" in TS2 Enhancer. I want to be able to put some of the townies into them, so my Sims can still bring people home from work. I can't find anything I can change in SimPE - the names of the careers show-up, so I don't know what else I can do to get the "Unknown" to disappear and the careers to be listed with the others.

Maybe it isn't possible?

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Not a Llama
#125 Old 12th Feb 2005 at 12:49 PM
I have been busily trying to document the "plugin-less" creation method and as part of that I have found how to get the career icons to display correctly for the reward. This is achieved by binding the reward object to the career, as opposed to the step to bind the career to the reward.

I have listed the steps in the docs concerning this below. Keep in mind that this is still only in first draft stage, so is not yet consistent in how the steps are layed out, but it should be usable. :D

11. Reward
a. Prepare reward object
i. Flag object as a reward type object
1. Find the object you wish to make the reward (clone it if not a custom object)
2. Select Object Data \ Object Data
3. Change 0x0090 to 2048 decimal (tells S2 this is a reward object only)
4. Commit
5. Note the GUID of the object
ii. Bind Reward to Career
1. Select “Object Data” from Filetypes
2. Right-click instance “0x000041A7” from “Packed Files”
3. Select extract and save the file in a temporary directory
4. Using a hex editor, edit the SimPE packed file (not the XML file)
5. Change the values 0x000000A8 – AB to the reversed GUID of the career you are binding to (e.g. if the GUID is 0x2C89E95F, the values entered would be mapped as A8:5F A9:E9 AA:89 AB:2C)

6. Save the file
7. Back in SimPE, Right-click instance “0x000041A7” from “Packed Files”
8. Select “Replace”
9. Choose the file you just edited
iii. Close and save the object
b. Bind Career to Reward
i. Open career package again
ii. Select Behaviour Function in the Filetypes list
iii. Select instance 1001 in the Packed Files list
iv. Select line 2 (Manage Inventory). It will highlight.
v. Insert the object GUID
1. There are 8 values for both operands and unknowns (O0 - O7, U0 - U7). The GUID must be entered into O5 - U0 backwards. For example, if the GUID of the object is “A1B2C3D4”, then the values entered would be U0 : D4, O7:C3, O6:B2 O5:A1.
2. Commit File
Locked thread
Page 5 of 6