Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:55 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Corrupt save crash
Recently I started to experience crashes ,but only whilst in CAS and if I minimize the game multiple times (which occurs often,I need to look at reference pics ).
Crashloganalyzer tells that the save is corrupt. I have no backed up files and also am not keen on the idea deleting the current game whatsoever. I just finished building lots and populating after a painfuly long time. I am tired of constant moving.
Is there any work around to this issue? I use my gameplay-tweaks religiously and they never caused any problem...
The only completely new thing is the world itself.Tiny with inconveniently placed lots,odd sizes.I noticed quite a few routing problems,stuck sims and other bugs that never crossed my game...Other than that,it doesn't lag ,just crashes.
Bellow there's one oddity of many that happened on this save and never before Toddler aged up into a....deformed looking child and then froze,couldn't interact with anything or anyone until I rotated households. Afterwards,notification appeared about bad routing and that very odd child.

PS:On my current save folder there are no .bad written which would be an indication of coruption.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
Recently I started to experience crashes ,but only whilst in CAS and if I minimize the game multiple times (which occurs often,I need to look at reference pics ).
Crashloganalyzer tells that the save is corrupt. I have no backed up files and also am not keen on the idea deleting the current game whatsoever. I just finished building lots and populating after a painfuly long time. I am tired of constant moving.
Is there any work around to this issue? I use my gameplay-tweaks religiously and they never caused any problem...
The only completely new thing is the world itself.Tiny with inconveniently placed lots,odd sizes.I noticed quite a few routing problems,stuck sims and other bugs that never crossed my game...Other than that,it doesn't lag ,just crashes.
Bellow there's one oddity of many that happened on this save and never before Toddler aged up into a....deformed looking child and then froze,couldn't interact with anything or anyone until I rotated households. Afterwards,notification appeared about bad routing and that very odd child.

PS:On my current save folder there are no .bad written which would be an indication of coruption.

Have you deleted your cache files? I remember my game crashed a lot, especially in CAS, but then I started to delete the cache files and it would never or hardly ever crash. Also, if there's a lot of weird stuff going around in your town, use NRaas MC to reset it all, this might fix routing issues, or just sims stuck in general. They say you should reset your town every 3-4 or 4-5 sim weeks. Just that you never mentioned about your cache files

Also, just generally cleaning up your game can prevent crashes.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Have you deleted your cache files? I remember my game crashed a lot, especially in CAS, but then I started to delete the cache files and it would never or hardly ever crash. Also, if there's a lot of weird stuff going around in your town, use NRaas MC to reset it all, this might fix routing issues, or just sims stuck in general. They say you should reset your town every 3-4 or 4-5 sim weeks. Just that you never mentioned about your cache files

Also, just generally cleaning up your game can prevent crashes.

Moreover I do clean my save files once in a while too...
Perhaps I better off editing the world file by myself in CAW tool....before I got too attached.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blyneliaivel
Moreover I do clean my save files once in a while too...
Perhaps I better off editing the world file by myself in CAW tool....before I got too attached.

Hmm, well I know this might take a long time to do, but maybe if you don't want to repopulate another town again, is just copy all the sims and their houses in the bin, along with community lots or residential lots in too, then make a new town/save, and place them all in again. I'm not sure how well this method is, or if there's a better way of doing this.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 4:17 PM Last edited by igazor : 13th Sep 2018 at 2:46 AM.
1 - Still going to recommend a MasterController Reset Everything, run from the Town menu on City Hall. MC is a command center and doesn't actually DO anything by virtue of it being present other than its optional CAS replacement. When the other mods reset individual sims, it means something has already gone very wrong with them, just that sim. The MC Reset Everything rebuilds all sims, objects, and lots in town from the ground up and can only be run by player command. It is indeed part of good game file maintenance alongside of other things mentioned, to be run every few sim weeks as it reaches things that Overwatch and ErrorTrap can't or haven't yet noticed. It can take a good 5-10 minutes to run, depending on the size of the world and how many objects/sims it has in it.

2 - How are you minimizing the game when this happens? Alt+Tab or using the Windows-key will, for many of us, often enough cause the game to get "stuck" to the taskbar and essentially crash. Switching to windowed mode if not there already and using the "-" widget to minimize is, although less convenient, much safer. It's really a Windows thing, not so much the game itself that makes bad things happen otherwise.