Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#3076 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 5:14 PM
Finished Chapter 4 of Dead Ringers last night; since it's scripted, dunno if it qualifies as a "game" per se.

Nyar's a bit irritated with Clark; Clark keeps up his crap and he might get eaten just for spite.

Gabe tries to get Karena's attention, but there's a spot that just needs to be groomed, like, right now. (what's funny is I have the real world equivalent of that dandy brush she's using, and I just DID groom my own horse with it. Ha.)

Walt ain't buying any of Gabe's BS.

Just like Gabe's not buying any of Karena's BS.

Be darned if I know what they're doing.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Advertisement
Instructor
#3077 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:19 PM
I used to have a love story between Vladimir Schlick and Jebidiah Wilson, but now I don't have that save anymore and I don't even have The Sims 3. I gotta wait til Christmas so I could afford to get every pack.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#3078 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 2:53 PM
I opened the Single Moms household (for the first time this save) after a while playing other families. EA's Story Progression made Molly and Fiona get together <3 I found that quite cute.

I split up the Frios and made Jared get with Christopher Steel (poor Chris tried getting Connor's attention first, but Connor wasn't interested).

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#3079 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 4:16 PM
I'm trying to see how many generations of kids i have to have before the game lets me be romantic. Great-great-great-great grandkid we're no longer related but nope. Also trying to decorate my house with only stolen items. Though currently I may have "accidentally" stolen some family's relative. I ensorcled him and he went from purple to green and decided to stay in my household. So freeloader has stayed, and I realized how long since I been on this site and I missed you guys. You know my sims are doing anything but their set goals currently in my game.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Field Researcher
#3080 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
Someone's got a disagree bug up their butt apparently!

Still working on Chapter 5 of the story, some shots from Chapter 4. I was too busy with Halloween this week to do much. (But I did get some awesome shots of Victorian houses that I'm totally going to share in the Off-Topic/normal IRL pictures threads so you guys can see 'em and maybe even make them? Yeah. They are awesome!)

Nyar's a bit tired of these two.

Gabe ain't believin Karena one bit.

I should have some of the '40s hood up soon. When I can get around to it. Got Samhain prep to do - our Grove is having our event tomorrow, so I have to get off my butt and get things done.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Scholar
#3081 Old 6th Nov 2018 at 12:11 PM Last edited by Elynda : 31st Aug 2019 at 1:34 PM.
Beach bum Rocky Langstone lost his job at the Doo Peas business centre. For once it wasn't anything to do with him being as much use as a canoe in the Sahara desert. The higher ups wanted somebody to blame for some bad decision making and Rocky agreed to take the fall in return for 7000 simoleons hush money. He hated that job anyway, and getting paid for doing absolutely nothing was an idea very close to his heart.

But give give rocky money and he's bound to find something stupid to spend it on...

If rocky had any mechanical aptitude at all this old wreck might seem like a good investment at 350 simoleons. He could fix it up and sell it for a nice profit, or have himself a fancy set of wheels to impress all the ladies with. But hey, this is Rocky we are talking about, so who knows. He might just decide it's all a little too much like hard work and forget the whole thing.

At least the stereo works.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#3082 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 1:46 AM
Tiny Italy, rebuilds of lots by jeanpass. Hope the routing works.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3083 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 12:13 AM
When loners want to fall in love, they seem to have to work harder... and I have three of them. They never actually want to go to prom, and they are happy to stay inside just grinding away. My boy Hiram completed his LTW and the work at the sculpting station before his first dance. When he did meet a girl, they became enemies. He did wish to kiss her (seriously.gif) but they encountered the snubbing bug and couldn't get out of the mean socials. Luckily, an alien arrived at the door who seemed to like him, so he married her instead. My girl Romy is only interested in her work. Her sister Ronja has a baby with a very mean old man. They'll probably be single for a long time.

omnis mundi creatura
Scholar
#3084 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:47 AM
Me again - u -
I've decided to return to rabbitholes
anyway...here's my version of Palletport.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#3085 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 3:44 AM
I did it. I played the perfect game. I have hundreds of LTW points I don't know what to do with.
Three degrees. Half a million simolians and ability to get more Tiberium. I can become best friends just by introducing myself or use the relationship transmorgraphier. Never ages, cannot die. I cannot think of one thing I did that was less than perfect. Mastered time. Mastered money. Mastered social relations. Immortal. Amazing powers of magic and alchemy.
Rats. Now what do I do?

Meanwhile, In sims 4, my sim is starving to death again and will die in loneliness.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3086 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:00 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Nov 2018 at 10:23 PM.
My simself has been gathering seeds around town and her husband, Lee (a simself of Lee Unkrich) took up fishing. Lee's first attempt at casting out had him flip over backwards, as if he snagged the hook on a belt loop.

She work with the seeds and he works with the fish.

(It's been about a month since I last played with this couple. I got his face shaved and neaten up his hair. Of course, he was out on the lawn in his undies and it was the white ones with dark trim and a beating heart on the right "cheek". Most of the time in his underwear, he was examining the portal to Oasis Landing.)

(IMHO, I prefer he wear the white ones with the handprint on the "cheek" or the blue ones with the classic smile face on the "cheek". Makes more of an effort to impress.)

Basically, they are working on a garden together. She forages for seeds and he fishes for aquatic life suitable to fertilize the crops. I hope in time, they grow closer. And hopefully he stops standing outside in his underwear. He's hairy enough to make you think at first he's wearing a black sweater.

I got a lot of catching up to do in The Sims 3 and my anime, not to mention my Pokémon training.

Phyllis, Mabel, hold my calls until I can get my shit together (yes, two secretaries because I am that screwed up).

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#3087 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I did it. I played the perfect game. I have hundreds of LTW points I don't know what to do with.
Three degrees. Half a million simolians and ability to get more Tiberium. I can become best friends just by introducing myself or use the relationship transmorgraphier. Never ages, cannot die. I cannot think of one thing I did that was less than perfect. Mastered time. Mastered money. Mastered social relations. Immortal. Amazing powers of magic and alchemy.
Rats. Now what do I do?

Meanwhile, In sims 4, my sim is starving to death again and will die in loneliness.

Emmett, if I may?

You have achieved what is the Holy Grail of gaming in sim games, God games and sandbox games, where all viable options are exhausted. I think you outsmarted the programmers of The Sims 3 by pushing the limits of the game's parameters.

By any chance are you playing vanilla or with mod augmentation?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Lab Assistant
#3088 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:01 PM
My girl Ronja saw her dad 'play the field' all of his married life, using his superstar charms left and right to get women. She hated him. Naturally, the guy she is married to right now consistently wishes to go on dates with Carol. To reiterate, his wife's name is Ronja. He also writes love letters... to Hollie. The sleaze. Meanwhile, he hasn't rolled a SINGLE wish about hs daughter. Not even 'see her age up well' or the usual 'teach to..' when she was a toddler. I've never seen such an utterly detached, narcissistic sim before. It's not like the daughter cares at this point, either. It's always about her mother.

omnis mundi creatura
Lab Assistant
#3089 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM Last edited by faerytech : 26th Nov 2018 at 12:56 AM.
1. Mastersons: Started with the matriarch, a homeless teen named Moira who was left orphaned when her parents died. She ended up getting pregnant by her highschool boyfriend Dallas Shallow before she discovered his evil side. Fast forward 50 years and they're happily married elders who have been eternally faithful. Who would have guessed? She completed her lifetime wish to master the arts, and is a successful novelist. He completed his lifetime wish to be a master thief, and is working towards becoming the emperor of evil. Because of his career, they've had to move several times and change their name. Unfortunately, in their last move, 4 of their children were taken in by social services and left behind. They have three daughters who currently live with them: Ashley, an ambitious "good" girl who wants to become president; Onwei (pronounced as Ennui or "On-wee"), an artistic flirt who dreams of "romance in new and creative places"; and "What's her name?" the youngest and often forgotten daughter, who is brilliant but often keeps to herself. While the youngest focuses on her books and Onwei seduces the maid, Ashley has started a family with Param Sighn(sp?). She made an unfortunate enemy when she asked him to leave his wife, but they were just too perfect together. Now they have a child on the way and the family is celebrating the holidays, but hopefully between her own scandalous affair, her father's evil deeds, her little sisters wild lifestyle, and her husbands furry little secret she won't find her dreams falling to pieces. (Sorry for forgetting everyone's names, lol.)

2. The Funke's: I moved them into a trailer, took out loans to furnish the place, and am now working them to death to pay the bills. They exist mainly to build the trailer and depreciate it in value until it's cheap and dirty enough to save and use for all my poor sims lmao. But they're actually pretty fun right now, the large bills from the loan have me scrambling to think of ways to make money that fit into their story. They've taken to digging through the junkyard and repairing items to sell.

3. Gypsy: Moved to Sunset Valley with nothing but her car and whatever she could fit into it. Working as a waitress, dreams of building a caravan and going on the road as a travelling fortune teller. Really want to create a portable toilet for her, LMAO.

4. Survivalist: Built a tiny map with a few mega lots and a bunch of spawners. Plan on doing a survivalist sim if I can ever everything to work right. Spent ages building 2 maps and learning to mod in the hopes I could make a hole to pee in. :'( The hole didn't work, laundry didn't work, and so I got mad and abandoned it temporarily to play the Funke's.
Top Secret Researcher
#3090 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Emmett, if I may?

You have achieved what is the Holy Grail of gaming in sim games, God games and sandbox games, where all viable options are exhausted. I think you outsmarted the programmers of The Sims 3 by pushing the limits of the game's parameters.

By any chance are you playing vanilla or with mod augmentation?

I don't think it was "outsmarting" the programmers. I've been playing The Sims 3 for longer than it took them to write it.
I was using NRAAS MC+cheats, a world I wasn't familiar with that I found out during play was missing several key alchemy ingredient spawners, and some custom content. I didn't use the Lady Ravender's spellbook or the future bio-suit tho', nor did I use NRAAS cheats to level up skills, add money, or survive college. I even took away money and started with sim who had nothing more than a tiny lot with a mail box on it. He lived in a sleeping bag in the library and showered at the gym to start. Gameplay wise, it was all stuff in the EPs and Stuff packs. Wait... Showtime?!

Oh noses.... I forgot to become famous!

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3091 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 8:50 PM

Oh noses.... I forgot to become famous!

Ferb, I know what we're going to do today.

Hey! Where's Perry?

Mad Poster
#3092 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 12:01 AM
Recently, I did quite a bit of manscaping to Lee. He's now smooth and hairless from the neck down. He sleeps in one room with a double bed.

I had a chance to check the relationship between them. They're not married. They were strangers and I was able to get them to boyfriend\girlfriend status. He's charming when he and my simself kiss. They WooHooed for the first time, and as for any pillow talk, it seems they will work together by acquiring each other's skills.

You know it's bad when your simself is getting more action than you and has left behind broken hearts in her path and you're the one who knows how to emotionally detach.

Lab Assistant
#3093 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:02 PM
Mastersons: So happy. Ashley and Param had a beautiful baby girl, Mary, who is an artistic slob. (For traits, I randomize their baby traits, give them 1 trait each from their mother and father, and then choose their adult traits). Looks like she will be following in the footsteps of her aunt and grandmother, she even inherited their ginger hair, although both of her parents have dark hair. Do I sense an heir? Ashley already has the desire to have another child, but Param isn't ready yet so they're waiting. She aged into full adult, but Param is a few days younger than her, and now she's having a midlife crisis. She wanted to move, but sensing that it was time, Onwei asked her parents to help her purchase a new apartment. She now lives in a bohemian style studio apartment across town, with a double loft bed, a massage table, pouf chairs, artists station, sculpting station, easel, beautiful plant filled bathroom, bar, yoga mat, and tiiiiiny little kitchen. (I wish I were better at decorating lmao). She doesn't have a stove and still goes home to do her laundry, but she has everything she needs there, and has already had Chauncey Grimm over to help her "try out" her new bed. Ashley settled for getting a makeover, and is thinking of getting some therapy soon. Meanwhile, Gillian took over her sisters old room on the third floor, leaving room on the second floor to decorate a room for when Mary ages up into a child. The extra space meant she could get a double bed, and she promptly threw a sleepover with a good friend from school. Little did her parents realize that Mara was more than a friend! Gillian asked her new "friend" to prom and got her first ever kiss... under the mistletoe! Everything would seem to be going great, except... One night while out schmoozing up his boss, Param got a little tipsy and made some moves on Beatrice Crumblebottom. Even though he made it clear he just wants to be friends, she won't stop calling him up, asking him to meet up with her again. And honestly... he's kind of into her. :'( Poor Ashley has no idea. Param seems like the perfect partner, he even forsake his werewolf powers for her. Moira and Dallas have been getting older. Ashley received a fountain of youth as a wedding present, but wishing for youth is dangerous, and Moira and Dallas understand it's their place to make room for a new generation. However, they both hope to have a few more grandkids before they pass, which means Ashley needs to get busy!!! Moira has been writing novels nonstop, and Dallas is upgrading everything in the house to be unbreakable, after a few awful days where literally everything broke and no amount of repairmen could keep up with the mess. :'(
Theorist
#3094 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 2:21 PM
I've been playing a little world called Amberville and I like it very much. The lighting is interesting and the landscape is desert-like. I wanted a smallish world because I am trying to go for "gameplay" optimization. I appreciate creators who spend so much time making these worlds.

In addition, I just bought WA on the recent Steam sale for about 5 US dollars. (4.42 euros/3.92 British pounds). Even though the only eps left are ones I didn't care about, I wanted WA for the photography career to work properly. I also thought it might expand game play. At that price I couldn't pass it up. I'm curious if you folks in Europe/Asia/Australia or wherever get good deals on these EPs like us here in the good old USA.
Mad Poster
#3095 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:05 PM
The packs were €8,74 here in the past Black Friday, which is exactly 10 USD. Not bad, I guess.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#3096 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 4:47 PM
Yes, another Steam sale. All Sims 3 and all EP/SPs are just $4.99. Three bundle offerings of Sims 3 + and EP of $7.49, so you can save $2.51 by buying a bundle.

Sims are better than us.
Theorist
#3097 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 9:06 PM
Yes, another Steam sale. All Sims 3 and all EP/SPs are just $4.99. Three bundle offerings of Sims 3 + and EP of $7.49, so you can save $2.51 by buying a bundle.

I think today is the last day, though.
Lab Assistant
#3098 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:47 AM
Not exactly "in the game" but close enough and I need to rant.
There are only 2 things in the store that I want (chicks and cows) but the free simpoints I got one day long in the past aren't enough for both of them, so I'm waiting for a sale for either one. Tonight I randomly woke up in the middle of the night and saw that I missed the daily deal for the cow thing by 20 minutes... ugh. Gimme my farm stuff already...
Instructor
#3099 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:26 AM
@Nocriel this might help you with that https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...-and-sales-help. I had the same issue till I used this to get the best deals.
Mad Poster
#3100 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:32 AM
Lee spent a few times streaking through the garden. "I" tended to the digital fishtank.

Yep, some of "my' childish bad habits rubbed off on him. Then again, "I" can't get angry with him. He's being a healing well of love. It feels like every time "I" spend a moment of some intimacy of a sort, "I" feel better. (She once lived with 3 astronomy professors and they weren't really appreciative of her work. She would cry often because of the head guy. I eventually evicted them.)

Page 124 of 162