Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2011 at 8:36 AM Last edited by cannibalcupcake : 17th Sep 2011 at 5:31 AM.
Default Mythical Creatures Legacy Challenge
Mythical Creatures Legacy Challenge

FYI: Other than ghosts, I’m not sure if there are actual mythical creatures in the Sims 3 expansion packs. I know in Sims 2 there were vampires. This challenge isn’t actually intended for ACTUALLY turning your sims into said creatures, it’s more for those of us with just the base game that want to pretend. That said, this challenge involves some imagination (but what challenge doesn’t?)

This challenge has not yet been play-tested and I could use some help in revision!
If anything confuses you, SPEAK UP so that it can be changed. I won’t take it personally and bite your head off, promise. I’m not actually a cannibal.

Overview

This challenge involves (at least) 10 generations of mythical creatures.

Each generation has its own requirements. The challenge is not done until all the requirements are fulfilled between all of the sims in that generation. Each sim may do one required thing, or one sim may do everything. For example, if in generation two you have 3 adults, all of them are allowed to fulfill requirements, or you may only choose to play one adult to do it all.

One “generation” counts as all of the children of the last. Or, according to Pinstar (legacy challenge) “Your founder is generation 1, your founder’s son/daughter would be generation 2, the grandchildren of the founder would be generation 3 and so on.”

Each generation ends when the first member of the next reaches adulthood. For example, when generations one’s oldest child reaches adulthood, generation two has begun, and you’d better be done with all the requirements in generation one or you must repeat it. You may not prolong this in any way, however you may prolong having children as long as you can.

You may “replay” (repeat) each generation however many times you would like, creating more than 10 in the end. For example, if you cannot fulfill the requirements of generation one, you may make their children try for it. They must completely start over, meaning that none of the previous generation’s accomplishments will count. This does not affect whether you win or lose. The only requirement for winning this challenge is that you complete ALL of the mythical creatures’ assignments.

Losing is simple: fail to produce another generation or give up.

Alternate play:

I’m not a fan of scoring, but if you want to modify the game and use scoring, each successful generation is worth 10 points. In this case you would only get one chance to fulfill the requirements of each generation and then move on to the next, regardless of whether or not you failed. At the end, you would tally up all the successful generations (where all obligations had been fulfilled) and that is your score. 60+ points = win. 50 points or less = fail.

To start

* Your sims can live anywhere they can afford
* Cheats are not allowed, including money cheats, unless otherwise specified (basically if I don’t mention it, it’s not allowed)
* You may cheat to kill a sim the challenge requires you to
* You may modify a sim’s appearances as much as you’d like, and use custom content to do it
* Unless otherwise specified, the details of your storyline are up to you. Your sims can look however you want them to (as freaky or as normal as you’d like), they can be named whatever, with whatever personality you choose
* They must maintain their last name throughout all 10+ generations
* Set your game on normal life span. Aging must be on
* Free will must be on
* Opportunities should be turned off
* No one should be moved out during the duration of this challenge, however all members of the family may move to a different house together.

Generation One: Vampires
(Founders)

Everyone in this generation is a vampire. Vampires in this challenge must earn their immortality. This is the only generation YOU will create in CAS, so create wisely. You may create as many adults or young adults as you want, but they must all be siblings. Alternatively, you may create a married couple. You may not create any children.

They may not have any of the following “silly” traits: Childish, Clumsy or Excitable. Other than that, you are free to do what you wish with their appearances and personality traits.

If you choose to create siblings, at least one must find a husband or wife to procreate for the next generation. Although you COULD create 8 vampire siblings in CAS, realize that this would mean one would have to die for there to be room for a child of the next generation. You may not intentionally kill your sims to get around this.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation one: (meaning you must kill them)
* Stepping outside into sunlight ( I would suggest deleting the door in the morning)
* Being in the same room as a sunlit window
* Eating any food other than meat (meat can include fish, or any meat based meal from the fridge or store) (applies to all sims in generation one)

Things that generation one must accomplish:
* Prolong death by finding or growing a death flower and keeping it in their inventory
* Learn the recipe for Ambrosia and use it at least once OR Grow life fruit and consume it at least once
* Eat only meat or meat based meals for the duration of their life (besides Ambrosia or life fruit) (applies to all sims in generation one)
* The only job this generation may have is part time caretaker at the mausoleum/graveyard

After this generation, none of these things (death flower, life fruit or ambrosia) may be used.

In order to move on to the next generation, AT LEAST ONE vampire must die and be resurrected via the science lab. Only then may they have children. Normal children will not count in generation two, only ghost children will. You may play out any normal sims, or you may kill them, but they will not count toward unlocking requirements for gen 2.

Generation Two: Ghosts

Ghosts should be created via generation one. They are free willed, and other than to create generation three, you are not allowed to command them to do ANYTHING. This includes taking care of children, finding a job, eating, paying bills, etc. If there are any normals in your sim family, you may control them. You may also click on ghosts to see their stats and moods, but you may not command them to do anything except to create a relationship and have children.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation two: (meaning you must return them to the netherworld)
* Ghosts are already dead. They cannot be killed by you until the end of generation two.

Things that generation two must accomplish:
* Create generation three-

Ghosts must try for baby with a nonghost and get a normal baby/babies in order to create generation three. Ghost babies do NOT count toward generation three. At the start of generation three, all ghosts must be returned to the netherworld.

After this generation, no sim may be resurrected via the science lab.

Generation Three: Demons

Demons are animalistic, and associated with fire and the underworld. Demons also have an innate love of all things woohoo. As such all members of this generation must have AT LEAST ONE of the following traits or they do not count toward this generation:

Daredevil
Evil
Hot-Headed
Insane
Hydrophobic
Mean Spirited
Great kisser
Flirty

You may play out any children of generation two that do not fit the description, or you may kill them, but if you decide to play them, they will not count if they unlock one of the requirements.

In addition, members of the demon generation must have an abnormal hair color. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation three: (meaning you must kill them)
* Swimming in a pool

Things that generation three must accomplish:
* Have triplets
* Have woohoo without marriage
* Play with fire at least once (If someone dies, you may not resurrect them in any way)
* Set the house on fire at least once
* “Mate” with a fireman and produce a child

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation three.

Demons may have any job.

Generation Four: Mermaids/Sirens

Mermaids are born of the sea, and thus cannot be hydrophobic. Any hydrophobic children of generation three will not count as generation four. Mermaids are also all female, so any male children of generation four will not count as the heirs. As always, you may play or kill them.

All sims in generation four must eat fish for the duration of their lives.

They must also have long hair. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation four: (meaning you must kill them)
* Getting set on fire or setting something on fire (even if its put out)
* Eating anything except fish

* Reach level 10 in fishing
* Catch a deathfish OR vampirefish
* Must marry and “drown” their partner (you will kill them by drowning)
* Produce the next generation

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation four.

Mermaids may have any career.

Generation Five: Aliens

Aliens must be bald or have as little hair as possible. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

They are reclusive and lonely and must have the loner trait and genius trait. Any children of generation four that are not loners and geniuses will not count as generation five. As always, you may play or kill them.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation five: (meaning you must kill them)
* They are “found out” to be aliens meaning:
* They make more than 1 friend outside their families. (The 1 friend must be their partner, and must be moved in with them as soon as possible in the game)
* They make over 13 acquaintances

* Reach at least Top Secret Researcher (level 8) in Science career track
* Create the next generation (Aliens may also adopt from their home planet)
* Finish and sell a scifi book about their race

Generation Six: Werewolves

Werewolves will turn every Sunday at midnight. Every Sunday from midnight to one, you may not direct your werewolves to do anything and ANYONE they come into contact with (enter the same room, talk to, etc) should be killed immediately. This includes family members.

If you forget to turn your werewolves on Sunday, you may do it the next day at midnight (Monday). To save your family members from being killed, you may direct them to go elsewhere but you must also keep an eye on the werewolf and take the time kill anyone in his path. You may not lock your werewolf in a room in the house since they would be strong enough to break down doors.

Werewolves must have long black hair. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation six: (meaning you must kill them)
* They kill a fellow werewolf (brothers or sisters)

* Reach top athletic skill
* Create the next generation with a “mate” that has natural black hair.

After generation seven begins, your werewolves are free from turning into werewolves every Sunday.

Generation Seven: Zombies

Zombies must be both absent minded and clumsy. Any children of generation six that do not have these traits will not count as generation seven. As always, you may play or kill the rejects.

Zombies must kill and eat other people to survive. Thus they can only be fed (using any food item) when someone, somewhere is killed by you. You may lure people into your home, add them to your family and kill them any way you want, but SOMEONE must die before a zombie sim can eat. This does not ordinarily include legacy family members and children. However, in a time of crisis (the zombie is about to starve) you can choose to have your zombie eat whomever they come into contact with first (this includes family and their own children)

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation six: (meaning you must kill them)
* Starvation

* Reach top cooking skill (Once this is reached, the zombie no longer has to kill to eat)
* Create the next generation

Zombies cannot have any jobs that require intelligent skills, such as logic, bookworm, or genius. They may not join the science or medical careers. They also may not reach any career level past 5.

Generation Eight: Fairies

Fairies are happy and silly. Their purpose in life is to console others and create joy. They should have at least one of the following traits:

Childish
Excitable
Friendly
Good
Green Thumb
Party Animal

In addition, they MUST be Vegetarian. Any children of generation seven that are not vegetarians will not count as a part of generation eight. As always, you may play or kill them.

They must also live and sleep outside.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation eight: (meaning you must kill them)
* They make an enemy
* They eat anything meat

Things that generation eight must accomplish:
* Reach top Gardening skill
* Eat only plant based meals for the duration of their lives
* Make at least 10 friends

They may have any jobs.

Generation Nine: Humans

Humans are very versatile. There are no requirements for generation nine, except to create the last generation.

Generation Ten: Hybrid of any two past generations

You must accomplish both requirements for whatever you choose. (Excluding generation nine: human)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:21 PM
Fantastic!
This sounds like a fantastic challenge! I'm going to give it a go... It should be a real test of my patience...
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 11:52 PM
For the ghosts, are we supposed to kill the children then resurrect them when they're YA, or can the vampires mate with a ghost and hope to get lucky? The Sims 3 Late Night has vampires, which I have, so I would get crossbreeding there, which isn't wanted till Generation 10, but I can always try to fix it by going to the Science Lab. Is that okay?

For the fairies, would it still count as meat if they have vegetarian versions of meals?

For Werewolves, I have Sims 3 Generations, which means I can have body hair for my manly men! Can I just put a bunch of thick body hair on them and short hair for men and long hair for women?

For other random appearances, like mermaids and stuff, can we use custom content instead of things like long hair? Like getting mermaid tails, fairy wings?

When I'm done, mind if I show off my purtyful Sims?

This challenge sounds like so much fun! :D

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:56 PM Last edited by fairycake89 : 13th Jun 2011 at 7:06 PM.
Just wanted to say that this looks like an awesome challenge!

Edit to add ... I started this challenge and failed within a few hours! My vamps went outside .. I didn't take the door off as they were pretty pissed at the door being off, lots of arm waving and foot stamping, so I left it on ... then both of them went outside to get rid of the mouldy newspaper ...
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 1:12 AM
I'm too lazy to take or post pictures, but the legacy is too fun not to comment on. I've made it to the very end of Generation 2, nearly Gen 3.

I used my simself and another legacy founder for Generation 1. Adam and Liesie Fortescu were very happy together with their vampire-red eyes, pasty white skin, and lack of fangs because I forgot about unlockoutfits. Actually, that's a lie. Liesie was miserable because I forced her to slave over a hot computer pumping out poorly written fiction and then relax with the cooking channel so that one day the couple could eat something other than Diet Plasma Juice. Adam, on the other hand, was a Kleptomaniac, so whenever his shift at the mausoleum ended, he went on the prowl for ill-gotten goods. The house was filled with chairs and lights in no time.

I had misunderstood the procedure of the Ghost Generation; I thought that Adam and Liesie were to breed, kill the kid, resurrect it, and then watch it pop out Demon babies. They wasted no time at all. Liesie was soon breaking her CC top's mesh with her pregnant belly as Adam marauded the countryside in search of unguarded cribs to swipe.

They had two children: Jasper, because "Casper" was too obvious; and Olivia, named for Olive Specter. Since Liesie never had a day off--that's what happens when you're poor and self-employed--Adam was on child duty. He thought it would be a fantastic idea to teach Jasper to walk outside in the bright, happy sunlight instead of in the box I call a house as he had done previously. Adam realized his error in time to shelter his boy from the sun's malicious rays and push him inside before burning to a crisp. Burning to a crisp looks a lot like one's Hunger bar being manipulated down to empty, as it happens.

I suspect that Liesie forgot what the Well Rested moodlet even looked like once she had to raise two kids in diapers without a steady job. All three of them--Jasper, Olivia, and Liesie--slept in the same room so that they could respond to each others' distress with love and support like a proper family unit! And also because they were too poor for separate rooms.

Two kids, no husband, and Ambrosia on top of that? Heww naww. Liesie called up the nearest available vampire--who happened to be Beau Merrick--for some social spam and a hopeful bite. She was not disappointed, though Beau probably was.

"Your blahd, it seengs to me." *chomp* "Shower time for Beau? :D"

"Thanks for freeing me from the bonds of this mortal coil and the Ambrosia requirement. There's the door."

"Beau has a sad. :,< "

Soon, Adam rose for his first nightly haunting, and I suddenly understood the rules. Well, not so well that I actually waited for the resurrection opportunity to pop up before tossing Liesie and Adam into the shower together, but at least I got myself a ghost baby. First try, at that. I tried to think of a good ghost name, but my brain went from ghosts to Hogwarts ghosts to wizards to witches to Sabrina the Teenage Witch; thus was Sabrina Fortescu christened and ignored for the rest of her autonomous life.

Time progressed, spares grew up, books were published, and Jasper turned gay without any influence from me. Two hours before the prom, his best friend, Bao Bellic, called him up and asked Jasper to the dance. What is--I don't even--all right, knock yourself out. They had a wonderful time and came out of the affair deeply in love and in a committed relationship. I could always move Bao in and use him as Sabrina's sperm donor, if all else failed.

Time progressed, the resurrection opportunity finally came up when Sabrina was a child, and all was well with the Fortescu clan. That is, until Jasper graduated. Liesie stayed safely shut up in her box house while the rest of the family watched Jasper toss his diploma. That afternoon, I decided that the white-hot flames of Jasper and Bao's love could no longer be hindered by the chains of age! I triggered Bao’s age transition right there in front of the house when he arrived. This is great! Jasper and Bao will be happy forever, and they can look after autonomous Sabrina, and care for her children as their own, and--Liesie, why are you outside?

Bao’s birthday celebration drew Liesie outside into the blinding sunlight. My son’s gay boyfriend killed me. Bastard. After Liesie was ash under her headstone, Bao moved in and revealed to me that he was Evil. Double bastard. And I kind of love him.

Adam followed his wife back to the grave and left care of the family to Jasper, Organ Donor extraordinaire who would love nothing more than to paint and write all day, and Bao, villainous Stylist hellbent on convincing the town that purple polka dots went perfectly with orange plaid.

More to follow.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:32 PM
Best Challenge ever!!! wooh!!

G.H.
B2ST/Beast
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:44 AM
Came back to check on this and I'm glad someone's enjoying it
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 2:34 AM
Does Somebody knows how (or what) by program I can remake packages files on simpack? What is a program-converter? What is it name? Because files "SimPack" are most comfortable for installation. And packages files by installation to begin to show the errors.
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 3:58 AM
This seems like a really interesting challenge. I like how it gets progressively harder up to Zombies, then falls back down as a reward. I do have a few questions though.

Aliens (Gen. 5) cannot become friends with anyone.
-Does this include their own kind (aka their family)?
-If they're required to have a same-sex relationship, don't they need to make friends? Or are you saying they're limited to incest? (Is that even possible?)

Are the requirements for each generation something that every member of that generation has to do, or only one person per generation has to do? I would think things like faeries living outside would be something that every member should do, but that means that all the aliens have to publish sci fi books...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:33 AM
Answering some questions that arose:

For the ghosts, are we supposed to kill the children then resurrect them when they're YA, or can the vampires mate with a ghost and hope to get lucky?

Either of those is fine.

The Sims 3 Late Night has vampires, which I have, so I would get crossbreeding there, which isn't wanted till Generation 10, but I can always try to fix it by going to the Science Lab. Is that okay?

Yes, in order to play with expansion packs, you will need to modify game play.

For the fairies, would it still count as meat if they have vegetarian versions of meals?

I'm a little confused by this one... vegetarian implies there's no meat.

For Werewolves, I have Sims 3 Generations, which means I can have body hair for my manly men! Can I just put a bunch of thick body hair on them and short hair for men and long hair for women?

Sure, why not? Its your game, have fun with it.

For other random appearances, like mermaids and stuff, can we use custom content instead of things like long hair? Like getting mermaid tails, fairy wings? When I'm done, mind if I show off my purtyful Sims?

Definitely, I think this is an awesome idea and I'd love to see it.

Aliens (Gen. 5) cannot become friends with anyone.
-Does this include their own kind (aka their family)?
-If they're required to have a same-sex relationship, don't they need to make friends? Or are you saying they're limited to incest? (Is that even possible?)

Aliens cannot become friends with anyone OUTSIDE of the family. I've edited the same-sex thing out because you're right, that doesn't make any sense! I've also added and changed the friend requirements. Haha, no incest, unless you have that mod and you're feeling... crazy?

Are the requirements for each generation something that every member of that generation has to do, or only one person per generation has to do? I would think things like faeries living outside would be something that every member should do, but that means that all the aliens have to publish sci fi books...

Anyone of the generation can contribute to the accomplishments, or not. The accomplishments are separated from the other requirements. Accomplishments are the only things that apply to one or all though. The rest of the requirements are non negotiable for every single member.

So, Aliens for example must ALL have loner trait and genius trait, and they must ALL have under 13 acquaintances. But when any one member of the alien generation writes a sci fi book, they have "unlocked" the accomplishment and no one else needs to do it.

I agree with you about the fairies living outside being somewhat confusing under accomplishments, so I've moved it.

Liesie- LOVE your story so far, especially love how you named your children... Jasper, because "Casper" was too obvious

"I don't want to die without any scars."

“The world is gonna try and clean you up, what you gonna do about it? They’re gonna try and make you pretty, what the fuck you gonna do about it? You’re gonna say I wanna stay ugly.” -Gerard Way
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th Sep 2011 at 5:27 PM Last edited by DeadLizard : 17th Sep 2011 at 5:41 PM.
Thanks for responding! I would really like to play this () but I have more questions.

Faeries
-Does not living and sleeping outside have any punishment?
-They can go into other people's homes and community lots, right?

Traits
-Do the babies have to be born with these traits on order for the legacy to continue, or can they be things you choose for them through age-ups?

Aliens
-I am of the oppinion that having a same-sex relationship should still be an achievement, just because it's interesting. (Also, there is a mod that allows same-sex couples to have children. It's called Preg4All or something like that.)
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Liesie : 7th Jun 2014 at 7:35 AM. Reason: Link
I always forget how long Legacies are until I start a new one. The thought of the werewolf generation has kept me going whenever I thought of quitting!

That is, until my Ghost Sabrina had a--uh, an "episode." She exploded. I assume the technical term is less descriptive, but on the night she was supposed to give birth, Sabrina instead became unresponsive and generated a beam of light from her incorporeal fingers that stretched across the entire neighborhood. Disturbed, I saved. Half a Sim hour later, the game crashed. I tried using that save many times after that with similar results. I even tried moving the family to a fresh neighborhood, but Sabrina dropped a nuclear bomb there, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 4:54 AM
(regarding the fairies) Does not living and sleeping outside have any punishment?

Yes. Essentially you will need to repeat the generation, according to my rules, because you haven't fulfilled one of the requirements for the fairy generation.

They can go into other people's homes and community lots, right?

Yes, although they don't necessarily need to. If you want to put a stove outside the house for example, there's nothing against that in the rules.

If you want to play an alternative version of this challenge, where you need to mooch off others essentially, and cannot move objects from the house, you're welcome to do that as well. It will make it substantially harder though. If anyone tries this out, please do share!

-Do the babies have to be born with these traits on order for the legacy to continue, or can they be things you choose for them through age-ups?

The adult children must have the specified number of traits by the time they age up. If you're confused about a particular requirement, look at the rules again. The traits requirements are very different for every generation. For example, mermaids cannot be hydrophobic, ever, even in childhood, while aliens must have BOTH the loner trait and genius trait. But yes, if you need your alien to be a solitary loner and they don't have that particular trait yet as children, you may choose it for them.

-I am of the opinion that having a same-sex relationship should still be an achievement, just because it's interesting. (Also, there is a mod that allows same-sex couples to have children. It's called Preg4All or something like that.)

It is interesting and I do like it as well. Unfortunately, for my other accomplishment: aliens are only allowed to make a single friend (his partner) and it becomes problematic. The alien would need 2 friends: another sim of the opposite sex to produce heirs AND a same-sex partner. Regarding the mod you mentioned, I'd like this to stay a base game user friendly challenge, so its not going into the official challenge rules.

THAT BEING SAID: if you have said mod and would like to play so that your alien CAN reproduce with a sim of the same sex, go right on ahead. The aliens in this generation are still only allowed to have one friend each though. Another idea is just going ahead and adopting with your same sex partner, which is totally fine for the alien generation. I may add that one to the rules. Thanks for the thoughtful discussion, Deadlizard!

Liesie- Oh no, sorry about your game, but I absolutely love your story. I especially love the way you went all out with his looks. Great job! Skipping around and picking just the generations you want in the order you want is fine if you don't want to play the official challenge. I have a very "its your game, do it how you want" kind of attitude about most things.

"I don't want to die without any scars."

“The world is gonna try and clean you up, what you gonna do about it? They’re gonna try and make you pretty, what the fuck you gonna do about it? You’re gonna say I wanna stay ugly.” -Gerard Way
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 8:39 AM
But if i have Late Night, can my vampire sims drink other sims blood ,plasma juice and eat plasma fruits?
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 11:44 AM
By the way, it's awsome! I made a story of that, what you can't sadly read, because this is estonian. I made rules more comfartable for me and add a new rule when you have Late Night.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 5:15 AM
I would like to see an alternate version of the rules for vampires with Late Night, if anyone feels inclined to make them. I tried modifying it for myself, but still feel that the extended lifespan gives a bit too much of an advantage over the normal sims' lifespan.

Nonetheless, I'm having fun with my version of the challenge... unfortunately, I haven't yet gotten past Gen. 1. I failed to delete the door on my first try and they died, so I started over. After that, I found the secret door from WA makes for a good way to keep them inside during the day, because they can't open it autonomously... but then I realized (as I was nearly ready to kill off one of them to start moving on to Gen. 2) that I for some reason didn't look closely enough at the traits they aren't supposed to have & gave one of them the Excitable trait... so I'm starting over again. It's a good thing that I'm starting again rather than just giving up, because it means you came up with a very interesting challenge. Thanks so much for sharing it.

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:54 PM
Love this challenge. Gave me a great idea to work it into a story I'd been wanting to write... now to just figure it out so I'm meeting all the rules.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Jan 2012 at 10:53 AM
Oh my.... I think I'm having particularly bad luck with this challenge. The science lab opportunity to make the ghost of Mr. Vampire playable will not show up. I've gone through two ambrosia dishes to keep her from becoming an elder while waiting, and still, no opportunity. This is particularly irritating because I get spammed with that opportunity when I don't want it; now that I want it, it doesn't show up... to top it all off, Mrs. Vampire, who is pregnant with her second attempt at a ghost baby (1st was normal), nearly got taken out by a meteorite.

But still, it's lots of fun, and most definitely a challenge.

"My license to make fun of everyone comes from knowing I'm the biggest joke of all"
If you know who I'm quoting, have a (virtual) cookie. ;)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:20 PM
hm... sounds like a fun idea... some suggestions: since we now have pets out... include them! Demons could have "hellhounds".. Fairies could keep all manner of small outdoorsy critters (and don't forget Unicorns!!).. Mermaids could have "sea" (blue) horses.. Vampires could have Ravens, or snakes.. (or see if there's a custom content bat to download out there...) Werewolves is rather obvious: wolves.. Beyond that.. if anyone had the "magical" store content, you could do a "witch" or "mage" type generation with cats for familiars. Other Life States that could be included: a generation for Mummies (them coming to life certainly qualifies as a myth!) .. A generation for SimBots - or the aliens could be enamoured of them (perhaps not mythical, but they certainly aren't human, and technology in our world isn't quite THAT advanced yet!) .. And don't forget imaginary friends that come to life! Lots of ideas that could be included, in my opinion.
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 9:37 PM
This is a really fun challenge, im currently about to start generation 3 once my ghost daughter annabelle marries her boyfriend when she graduates, and im done with almost all of the challenges, once her mother evangeline uses the death flower to prolong her life <3 this challenge!
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 1:42 AM
ya know i have late night and i have gotten naturally vampiric ghosts, since if only one parent is vampire you have 50/50 chance the child will be vampire and same with ghosts, they had triplets, one was just vampire and two were vampiric ghosts, though at first i didn't realize they were vampires, until i looked at the relationship panel and they were outlined in red like vampires. this wasn't in this challenge though i might try the challenge myself.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:11 AM
you know in my mind it would make more sense to start with humans, then do vampires, that is just me though
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 4:22 AM
ok i came up with an alternate order that at least to me made sense,

human
vampire
demon
ghost
mermaid
Alien
werewolf
fairies
zombie
hybrid

I also created alternate rules for vampires(for those of us that have late night)
I edited all of them a bit at least those that I believe needed editing.

To start

* Your sims can live anywhere they can afford
* cheats are not allowed, including money cheats, unless otherwise specified (basically if I don’t mention it, it’s not allowed)
* You may cheat to kill a sim the challenge requires you to
* You may modify a sim’s appearances as much as you’d like, and use custom content to do it
* Unless otherwise specified, the details of your storyline are up to you. Your sims can look however you want them to (as freaky or as normal as you’d like), they can be named whatever, with whatever personality you choose
* They must maintain their last name throughout all 10+ generations
* Set your game on normal life span. Aging must be on
* Free will must be on
* Opportunities should be turned off
* No one should be moved out during the duration of this challenge, however all members of the family may move to a different house together.

Generation One: Humans

Humans are very versatile. The only requirements for this generation is to not allow any of them to become a vampire, or a ghost which means none of them can die before their generation ends. They must breed with vampires to get the vampire generation(you have a 50/50 chance of getting a vampire when breeding with a vampire) none of this generation may turn into vampires themselves, nor are they allowed to marry one either. Move out or kill any of the next generation that are not vampires asap (its easy to do if you have mastercontroller).

Generation One: Vampires
(Founders)

For Late Night EP:

Everyone in this generation is a vampire. They have all been born as vampires and as soon as they become YA they must kick their human parents out. If they get overexposed to the sun they die.(i know the game doesn't kill you but I believe for this challenge it works better.

Also since Vampires are supposed to be immortal, you must keep at least one vampire in the house until the end of the challenge. They may keep a death flower. If you are playing by points then if they die you lose points. They may use ambrosia as often as necessary to stay alive in the whole challenge. They may only reproduce to create generation 3 and generation 10, otherwise they are simply an extra sim that you have to keep with you and keep up with. Would recommend keeping them far from the werewolves, when that generation comes up bc of the natural vampire/werewolf rivalry, the vampire must be enemies with every werewolf in the house.

They may not have any of the following “silly” traits: Childish, Clumsy or Excitable. Other than that, you are free to do what you wish with their appearances and personality traits.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation two: (meaning you must kill them)
* becoming overexposed to sunlight. watch those emotes, ( I would suggest deleting the door in the morning)
*they must either drink plasma from another sim or must drink plasma from the fridge. They must not eat anything else.

Things that generation one must accomplish:
* Prolong death by finding or growing a death flower and keeping it in their inventory
* Learn the recipe for Ambrosia and use it at least once OR Grow life fruit and consume it at least once
* The only job this generation may have is part time caretaker at the mausoleum/graveyard

After this generation, only the vampire you keep around is allowed to use ambrosia and/or death flower.

For the next generation, the demons, a vampire must have a demon child, whether through adoption or giving birth doesn't matter. You may go and create a Demon VIA CAS and place them in town for the vampire to woohoo with, but not allowed to marry.(so recommend the vampire be female unless u have a mod that can get a man pregnant, though honestly i think it would be fit this generation.)

Generation three: Demons

Demons are animalistic, and associated with fire and the underworld. Demons also have an innate love of all things woohoo. I recommed using a skin tone that is a fire based color if you have it, and devilish wings if you have them too..... As such all members of this generation must have at least 3 of the following traits or they do not count toward this generation:

Daredevil
Evil
Hot-Headed
Insane
Hydrophobic
Mean Spirited
Great kisser
Flirty

You may play out any children of generation two that do not fit the description, or you may kill them, but if you decide to play them, they will not count if they unlock one of the requirements.

In addition, members of the demon generation must have an abnormal hair color. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation three: (meaning you must kill them)
* Swimming in a pool

Things that generation three must accomplish:
* Have triplets
* Have woohoo without marriage
* Play with fire at least once (If someone dies, you may not resurrect them in any way)
* Set the house on fire at least once
* “Mate” with a fireman and produce a child
* Because of the demonic activities in the house, at least 3 sims not related to the demons must die in the house.
* Must mate with at least one ghost from the cemetery.

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation three.

Demons may have any job.

Generation Four: Ghosts

Ghosts can be created in two ways, they can be born that way, resurrected via science lab. They are free willed, and other than to create generation three, you are not allowed to command them to do ANYTHING. This includes taking care of children, finding a job, eating, paying bills, etc. If there are any normals in your sim family, you may control them. You may also click on ghosts to see their stats and moods, but you may not command them to do anything except to create a relationship and have children.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation four: (meaning you must return them to the netherworld)
* Ghosts are already dead. They cannot be killed by you until the end of generation four.

Things that generation four must accomplish:
* Create generation five-

Ghosts must try for baby with a nonghost and get a normal baby/babies in order to create generation five. Ghost babies do NOT count toward generation five. At the start of generation five, all ghosts must be returned to the netherworld.

After this generation, no sim may be resurrected via the science lab, unless you are going for a hybrid ghost baby in generation 10 that is the only exception.

Generation five: Mermaids/Sirens

Mermaids are born of the sea, and thus cannot be hydrophobic. Any hydrophobic children of generation three will not count as generation four. Mermaids are also all female, so any male children of generation four will not count as the heirs. As always, you may play or kill them.

there are clothes that look like mermaid tails if you wish to use them.

All sims in generation four must eat fish for the duration of their lives.

They must also have long hair. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it. If you have ambitions, just get a makeover.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation five: (meaning you must kill them)
* Getting set on fire or setting something on fire (even if its put out)
* Eating anything except fish
* Not swimming or being in a hottub at least 3 times a day, or bathtub.

Things that generation five must accomplish:
* Reach level 10 in fishing
* Catch a deathfish OR vampirefish
* Have a perfect of every fish in a aquarium in the house and the electronic fish do not count. but extra points if you manage to have enough electronic aquariums and each one has a different fish, and you have one of each.
* Must marry and “drown” their partner (you will kill them by drowning)
* Adopt the next generation.

Fire detectors are not allowed in the house during generation four.

Mermaids may have any career.

Mermaids must adopt all children for the next generation, then you must edit them for the challenge.

Generation Five: Aliens

Aliens must be bald or have as little hair as possible. This can be done by you, they do not need to be born with it.

Or simply they must look other worldly, they don't necessarily have to be bald. I recommend using another skintone for this one.

They are reclusive and lonely and must have the loner trait and genius trait. Any children of generation four that are not loners and geniuses will not count as generation five. As always, you may play or kill them.

* They are “found out” to be aliens meaning:
* They make more than 1 friend outside their families. (The 1 friend must be their partner, and must be moved in with them as soon as possible in the game)
* They make over 13 acquaintances

* Reach at least Top Secret Researcher (level 8) in Science career track
* Create the next generation (Aliens may also adopt from their home planet)
* Finish and sell a scifi book about their race

Generation Six: Werewolves

Werewolves will turn every Sunday at midnight. Every Sunday from midnight to one, you may not direct your werewolves to do anything and ANYONE they come into contact with (enter the same room, talk to, etc) should be killed immediately. This includes family members.

If you forget to turn your werewolves on Sunday, you may do it the next day at midnight (Monday). To save your family members from being killed, you may direct them to go elsewhere but you must also keep an eye on the werewolf and take the time kill anyone in his path. You may not lock your werewolf in a room in the house since they would be strong enough to break down doors.

Werewolves must have long hair and have hair all over their body.

* They kill a fellow werewolf (brothers or sisters)

* Reach top athletic skill
* Create the next generation with a “mate” that has natural black hair.

Since werewolves have longer lives than normal humans, but not as long as vampires they may eat a total of 15 life fruit, also keep one of these in the household for the rest of the challenge.

Generation Seven: Zombies

Zombies must be both absent minded and clumsy. Any children of generation six that do not have these traits will not count as generation seven. As always, you may play or kill the rejects.

Zombies must kill and eat other people to survive. Thus they can only be fed (using any food item) when someone, somewhere is killed by you. You may lure people into your home, add them to your family and kill them any way you want, but SOMEONE must die before a zombie sim can eat. This does not ordinarily include legacy family members and children. However, in a time of crisis (the zombie is about to starve) you can choose to have your zombie eat whomever they come into contact with first (this includes family and their own children)

* Starvation

* Reach top cooking skill (Once this is reached, the zombie no longer has to kill to eat)

Zombies cannot have any jobs that require intelligent skills, such as logic, bookworm, or genius. They may not join the science or medical careers. They also may not reach any career level past 5.

Generation Eight: Fairies

Fairies are happy and silly. Their purpose in life is to console others and create joy. They should have at least 2 of the following traits:

Childish
Excitable
Friendly
Good
Green Thumb
Party Animal

In addition, they MUST be Vegetarian. Any children of generation seven that are not vegetarians will not count as a part of generation eight. As always, you may play or kill them.

They must also live and sleep outside.

Things that mean instant death for any member of generation eight: (meaning you must kill them)
* They make an enemy
* They eat anything meat

Things that generation eight must accomplish:
* Reach top Gardening skill
* Eat only plant based meals for the duration of their lives
* Make at least 10 friends

They may have any jobs.

Generation Ten: Hybrid of any two past generations

You must accomplish both requirements for whatever you choose. (Excluding human generation.

OK I edited i know i missed changing alot of the numbers but I got lazy in the middle of it and didn't change them. they have the names of the generation above em so should be no problem.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 2:54 AM
This would be a really nice challenge after sims 3 supernatueral comes out
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 11:00 PM
Awesome!

CODE LYOKO <3
MUSIC <3
BEST FRIEND <3
Page 1 of 2