Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:06 AM
Default WCIF Neighborhood Terrain with lots of tiny islands
I'm looking for a terrain with several small islands, just enough room for a few lots on each. I've found two on MTS that kind of work, but not quite:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=131345
That one's pretty close, except for the bigger island in the middle. I'd rather have more small islands.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=250419
Very convenient, but it looks a bit boring.

Do you know any others?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 11:34 AM
I can have a go at making one if you like?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2017 at 3:13 PM
That would be really nice! I'm looking for about a dozen small islands.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 9:44 AM
Okay, I had a play around yesterday and I think I figured out the technique. What kind of sized lots are you intending to put on each island?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 2:54 PM
Medium-small, maybe room for one big lot, but generally I wanted to have small huts with some room gardens.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 2:13 AM
Yeah this is highly subjective so I can't promise my understanding will be the same as yours Gimme lot size numbers to work with. 1x1? 3x3?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:49 AM
4x4 and smaller sounds good. Maybe room for one 4x4 or 4x3 per island and the rest can be smaller?
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:01 AM
The easiest way I've seen this take place is for the wisher to draw the map on grid paper. One grid square equals one 1x1 (one road width). Then upload the picture and the maker takes the image, mirror flips it and makes it. Takes all the guesswork out. Unless you are using a camera mod, it doesn't matter how many squares the grid paper is, just use the center. Also be sure to indicate beach lots.
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 2:30 PM
If one road width is equal to one grid square, would a 10 grid square length be equal to a 10 square lot for example? I do house plans on grid paper, but wasn't sure how the roads are planned. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
If one road width is equal to one grid square, would a 10 grid square length be equal to a 10 square lot for example? I do house plans on grid paper, but wasn't sure how the roads are planned. (:
No, if a road is 1 grid square, a 1x1 lot is 1 grid square. 1 neighborhood grid square = 10 lot grid squares.
Theorist
#11 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:57 PM
Aah, okay thanks! (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:34 PM
To be honest I don't have that much of a detailed plan, I was just going to look at some links and pick the one that looked the closest to how I imagined it. Sorry, not used to making requests!
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:55 PM
No problem, I've just seen plenty of client/designer relationships go south real fast simply because the client didn't explain well enough what they had in mind, and the designer is stuck making the wrong guesses. It's partly why MTS got rid of the request system over a decade ago, it rarely works out. If someone offers to make you something in the future, it's never a bad idea to ask if they'd like more information on what you are looking for. If you are truly open about it, then that's handy to know as well.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:31 AM
Well I'm really just looking for about a dozen small islands, didn't think about it much further. I'll be happy with anything.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2017 at 8:58 AM
Bump?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 8:17 PM
@simsfreq , I hope I didn't scare you away. I'd really appreciate it if you could make that terrain for me. Or a download link for something like it if anybody has it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 1st Jul 2017 at 10:28 PM
Maybe try a PM Ovenhole rather than bumping the thread

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc