Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6301 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Primavera
Me coming to the realization that I submitted my first upload and my anxiety kicks into high gear in fear that I misspelled something/didn't include the necessary information

And you’ll have this feeling every time you submit an upload

I build small houses *^*
Advertisement
Inventor
#6302 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
And you’ll have this feeling every time you submit an upload

Somebody get me a brown paper bag then

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6303 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:10 AM
My thought for the day: I'd rather be playing my game than helping to liquidate the store where I've been an employee for 19 years. It's much more fun. No tears or sad feelings at all while playing.
At least my pixels never have to go through this experience.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6304 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:41 AM
Bummer Fran

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#6305 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:01 PM
I regret moving all of my game files over to UC. For some reason, Origin will not let me play my game. I'm going insane!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#6306 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
My thought for the day: I'd rather be playing my game than helping to liquidate the store where I've been an employee for 19 years. It's much more fun. No tears or sad feelings at all while playing.
At least my pixels never have to go through this experience.

Sorry to hear this *hug*

And it is true that ending a company, for any reason, is much quicker and less fraught in Sims 2. They don't even get a memory of the occurrence...
Forum Resident
#6307 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
I regret moving all of my game files over to UC. For some reason, Origin will not let me play my game. I'm going insane!

it depends which game files you moved? like neighborhood and downloads or ???
Because I sat to fix UC 2 days ago -w-'

I build small houses *^*
Top Secret Researcher
#6308 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 11:32 PM
Things that make you go "Arrgghh!"
So I got my photo shoot set up for my story, getting reluctant Sims into place, including the hanging of two errant ones, happily press F10 assuming Fraps is on, because it was before, kill off the two Sims, save and exit, then find there are no photos because Fraps wasn't on...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6309 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:14 AM
@Primavera The mod who does TS2 CAS stuff is moving house + just had a new grandbaby, so don't fret if it takes awhile.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6310 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Primavera The mod who does TS2 CAS stuff is moving house + just had a new grandbaby, so don't fret if it takes awhile.

Oh no I'm not fretting, but this is good to know. I hope their move goes well

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6311 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 12:50 AM
I think the fact that BV is very Polynesian-tropical is probably the reason, but it seems like there aren't many Spanish-Caribbean tropical designs out there...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6312 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:35 PM
Hey, Google is honoring Garden Gnomes today! With a special interactive game and history of the same. Check it out!

https://www.google.com/

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#6313 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:39 PM
Hey, Google is honoring Garden Gnomes today! With a special interactive game and history of the same. Check it out!

https://www.google.com/

In Portugal, Google is honouring June 10 (officially Day of Portugal, Camões and the Portuguese Communities) instead of garden gnomes
Hanging with the Gnomies
#6314 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 4:49 PM
Hey, Google is honoring Garden Gnomes today!

I approve. They should do this more often.
Inventor
#6315 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:21 AM Last edited by Primavera : 11th Jun 2018 at 7:48 PM.
Finally getting around to editing all of these S2Store clothes. Once this is done I'm gonna save them all to a 7zip file so I won't lose them.

EDIT: got this done last night, now the next thing I have to do is recolor pretty much all of the hairs I got so far right now. I have some hairs with extra recolors I like but it gnaws at my obsession of having everything the same color or else I won't sleep at night. So wish me luck lads

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#6316 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
Yay, finally! I've been working for sometime on a library design, but I'm a big fan of autonomy on community lots so that's what I always go for. Before now, sims went there and spent all their time playing and talking to each other. Finally, today, I got my tiny public library in Widespot working properly. The lot is owned by Lana Mann who wears the cutest librarian outfit and has an elder librarian career that I edited to only have her advance to be the Widespot librarian. I built the cutest tiniest little public library out of the tiny business lot that was originally "Flying Cupcake," then added the VC to allow only playables and townies (so it doesn't get overrun, just playables might be better), then added BO's Need Freak (tweaked to keep comfort and fun from satisfying and to use stacked books as a model), then the Read Books Autonomously mod (tweaked to add a lot more advertising). And...drumrollllllll...They show up at the library, sit down, and read books! Finally!
Alchemist
#6317 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85

Can you skip Origin? This is what I do. Just change your shortcut to point to the Sims exe file. Right click your shortcut/properties/target. Mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"
Forum Resident
#6318 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 5:56 PM
I always see great skins for possible aliens but I hate townies spawn with it. Like, I want 3 different alien skins so I can't go default replacement but i just don't want townies to spawn with it.
so my game, don't you dare spawn a townie with that skin! don't you dare!

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#6319 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:49 PM
I'm so proud of me, I went through my downloads folder and cut it down- its only 2.67GB now! Not that its perfectly organised and foldered, but its mostly in the right places and I haven't done so well before! I have another 2GB of totally unsorted cc on another drive but that's a problem for another day
Time to wipe my three other dropbox accounts that now has cc that I don't care about.
Mad Poster
#6320 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OnayaW
I always see great skins for possible aliens but I hate townies spawn with it. Like, I want 3 different alien skins so I can't go default replacement but i just don't want townies to spawn with it.
so my game, don't you dare spawn a townie with that skin! don't you dare!

I have several non-default alien skins in my game and none of them ever do that. I think a way to test would be to go into CAS and randomly roll up several sims. If a skin or clothing item is townie-enabled, one or more of your randomly generated sims will appear wearing or using it. If you go through a dozen or more random sims and never see it, the skin or clothing probably isn't townie-enabled.

Somebody will probably know of a better way to check content using SimPE, but I'm not that familiar with the program yet.
Mad Poster
#6321 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 8:58 PM
I've decided to change my username to Bulbizarre, because I'm not a Bulbasaur. Just have to wait for the admins to get around to it.

Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Things that make you go "Arrgghh!"
So I got my photo shoot set up for my story, getting reluctant Sims into place, including the hanging of two errant ones, happily press F10 assuming Fraps is on, because it was before, kill off the two Sims, save and exit, then find there are no photos because Fraps wasn't on...

I always have the FPS counter on because of this. It's a nice visual notification that the program is running.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#6322 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I always have the FPS counter on because of this. It's a nice visual notification that the program is running.

So do I! But I was completely blind that time, so engrossed was I. I didn't even notice it wasn't there.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6323 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 11:09 PM
I think it's pretty common, I've taken pics without Fraps being on and I know others have too.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6324 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:02 AM
And that is why I added Fraps to list of programs auto-started by windows when PC starts up. Hasn't happened since.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
#6325 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
"every 12 hours" in game or in real time?

In game
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Those don't necessarily sound like corruption to me, Pidelli, though the fact that the crashing got better after running the hoodchecker probably means that some corruption was involved. If it's that reliable and specific you should probably work through the Help FAQ. The lot may be corrupted independently of the neighborhood, or you might have some weird CC problem that only occurs under very specific conditions that only occur on that lot.

I don't really play that family that much anymore since it's a finished legacy, but if I experience that problem again and the hood checker doesn't help, I'll try that, thanks!
Page 253 of 511