Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#301 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 1:45 AM
Wow, you guys are really killing it with the houses. They're really amazing for all of them to be no-CC starters! :lovestruc
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#302 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:36 AM
I hope some get uploaded -copy's that have not had sims in them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#303 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:36 AM
@MystAngel your work is spectacular! Would love to see the finished log cabin even if its not an entry. And your country cottage is just as good!
I'm gonna keep my eye on you
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:27 AM
I'm wishing I would have thought to build my lot before moving the sims in so I could use it in my other town now, darn XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#305 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:30 AM
Well you can still clean it in SimPE and then use it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#306 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Pideli Any lot that is uploaded to MTS gets assessed for picture size and clarity, for building, playability, decorating (somewhat) landscaping and the roof. While a judge doesn't have to have any lots uploaded here they have to be able to show a lot that could be uploaded here.

It still doesn't answer the question, but nevermind then.

Instructor
#307 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:00 AM
Beautiful cottage, I love the wall design and overall aesthetic! However, more windows would be nice

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#308 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 5:20 AM
@Pideli

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#309 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 7:06 AM
is it possible to be an extra emergency judge? =))
I feel all tingly with all the talent in this contest <3
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#310 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:55 AM
Well I already have 2, but you can be on standby if you like @Kanzen.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#311 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 12:35 PM
Thanks everyone. :lovestruc

Thank you, kanzen, that's very sweet. :lovestruc I will probably finish it eventually, but first I have to see what a new round will be and see if I can continue regular participation.

About uploading - I'm too lazy and to self-critical to upload often, but I'm always open for requests. If the lot is widely requested, I will eventually go through the upload process and make it available. Which reminds me, I have a few more that I promised, but haven't officially uploaded (I guess sending a lot file to a person interested doesn't count ).

Emperor Crat, thank you. Actually, it needs a lot more than windows, but, like I said, I ran out of money . When I eventually finish that lot, it most certainly won't be a starter. That's why country house was the one I chose to adapt.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#312 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 2:09 PM
@Rosebine @Phantomknight @cowplant-simmer Can you add your foundation level overview of the entire lot, thanks. Some of the photo rules got changed later.

Loving all the stories. :D

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#313 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 3:52 PM
@joandsarah77
Done. I edited my entry, and added the foundation level picture as my second picture, under the spoiler.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#314 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 4:08 PM
I suppose play-along-ers are not obligated, but I also edited the post and added a foundation level, just in case.

By the way, loving this rule:

Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
  • I will allow separate foundation to be used to make a gazebo or planter box. This must be clearly separate from the foundation that you are building on. Not attached.

:lovestruc
Mad Poster
#315 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 6:11 PM Last edited by gazania : 17th Apr 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Got called away abruptly before I could add something.
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Looking at all these variations is fun. My bungalow feels a little boring now. Cozy, though.

I thought that, too. But I then realized that I was aiming for a particular effect, and I feel I came pretty close to what my mind pictured.

I wanted a cozy, comfy, slightly out-of-date house that looked like someone might have lived in it before, to fit my mental image of the Walters. I was striving for the cottage effect. Like others here, my initial plan was a little more cottage-y (not exactly a word, I know!), and I sighed when I had to get rid of certain build items, but I also had to tone stuff down to keep within the price limit.

This style is a little unusual for me, since I very, very rarely build cottage-like houses. When I look at house plans, I like more unusual ones. This was a bit of a personal challenge for me. Not an earth-shaking one, but a little challenge, nonetheless.

It's really great seeing others' depictions of this new family's house. They're all lovely ... and so many architectural styles are represented here! Cottage, modern, bungalow, farmhouse, cabin, etc ... There is stiff competition from 19 other great lot builders here, plus 10 innovative play-alongs! No slacking off here. You people are really good. All of you.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#316 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystAngel
About uploading - I'm too lazy and to self-critical to upload often

She says with one upload that is featured. Yes, you certainly need to be self-critical with that track record of being a crap creator I know it's easy to be overly critical towards oneself, but in this instance you really have no reason to be. It's obvious you are very talented at building.

That said uploading and sharing is not for everyone. But makes me sad to hear you say you are too self-critical to upload when anything you show is brilliant.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#317 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 9:48 PM
Lazy? Hardly. That lot probably did not take two hours to create. You did quite a bit of work on it, and should be proud of your effort.

I don't believe any of the lots here in general were lazily-created, by the way. People here put work into their lots, and it showed; be it a bungalow or a modern house. I still don't envy the judges.

Self-critical? Let me put it this way ... if you were to put this lot up for download, I would bet you a Goopy Carbonara you'd get more than a hundred downloads in a very short period of time. OK ... that was a Sims 3 dish, but you get the idea. Don't sell yourself short.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#318 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 10:25 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 17th Apr 2017 at 10:50 PM.
@MystAngel you do realize you have a featured upload that is a lot, right? I've never been able to achieve that no matter how hard I try and trust me I do try. So clearly you are a far superior builder than myself who uploads lots regularly. I am in fact aiming for my 50th upload, just 3 to go!

The not attached was also meant to apply to the house as well. Maybe I should just leave it. I've had enough of changing the rules, I don't like mucking people around.

Judging has started
I hope everyone had a lovely Easter.
The judges now get a 3 day head start on judging the application round. The next foundation will be posted in 3 days time.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#319 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:07 PM Last edited by Pideli : 17th Apr 2017 at 11:17 PM.
@joandsarah77 Thank you for the critique!
Mad Poster
#320 Old 17th Apr 2017 at 11:21 PM
Believe me, that voice in your head telling you that you're not good enough and you shouldn't try is the devil, trying to stop you from being happy. I've got a closet in my head to stick mine into, so I can shut the door and muffle the noise. (The things that upset me that I can't do anything about right now, like injustice, stupidity, and looming mortality, only get a shelf, in contrast.)

At the same time, I think it's a good and healthy thing to be looking at other people's lots and seeing where your own doesn't measure up in contrast. Any of us who's looking at all the other entries and thinking "Yeah, mine is better than those" needs a more challenging contest. Divine discontent with one's own performance is what drives us to do better and to learn from experience. The point of competition is not to win, but to improve.

I'm trying not to plan ahead till I see the foundation, but I do look forward to building for the hippy couple so I can unleash my bizarro color sense. I love bright colors, and the nursery element in this first house led me to use more pastels and neutrals than I normally would. So brace your eyes.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#321 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 12:48 AM Last edited by gazania : 18th Apr 2017 at 1:19 AM.
I see this contest as a challenge; both a personal one and the obvious contest element. Even before the judges have commented, I see a couple of things (maybe three or ...) I have done that has evoked a Homer Simpson-esque "d'oh!" in my head. But that round is over now.

It's one thing to make lots privately; quite another when you're doing it with others and are being observed! When you make lots privately, you're in your own world. You can cheat and cover up your mistakes. It's not so easy when you have dozens of people eyeballing your stuff, including three judges who are probably going to find that little oops you hope they miss. I already have my personal evaluation in my head. I can only hope that theirs is not three pages longer!

Space Pony
#322 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 2:09 AM
I simply try not to be overexited, failed a couple times allready But I knew I would, not a suprise

I used to read old contests before and I did not got why peeps were so in hurry to get the next round... ahh well now I see why

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#323 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 3:23 AM
Sorry to make you guys hold on for 3 days but seeing we have 21 contestants that each judge has to score for I thought that was the best solution. I added a count down clock so you can check that and see roughly how long you have left to wait.
You can thank Gdayars for the clock, I just insert the code.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#324 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 5:11 AM
After my initial impatience I will have to wait about a week as I have other stuff on! I hope I can do the next one justice.
Field Researcher
#325 Old 18th Apr 2017 at 7:08 AM
I won't have anything but mobile internet til the weekend so three days is perfect for me!

I already created all the families. Especially when there are kids I don't like to create all of them in CAS - nobody has six kids by the age of 25. And 25 year olds shouldn't have two teenagers. I'm really exited for the next round - and which families I'll use.

Page 13 of 106