Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 8:50 PM Last edited by ingeli : 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Default Fountains for CAW - Updated
I didn't see these enabled for CAW yet, and I needed them. Maybe someone else does also.
Rar-file also contains the Science Fountain. Install to CAW-framework.
2012-03-03: Updated, smaller package. Just take out the old one and use this, placed fountains not affected.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Ingeli_fountainsCAW.rar (1.1 KB, 683 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  Ingeli_FountainScience_CAW.rar (2.0 KB, 482 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:01 PM
ok im always seeing things like this what and were is the framework i have no idea how to put these in my CAW

The One The Only Peoinee
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:08 PM
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Dec 2011 at 9:25 PM
ty much ill take a look at it

The One The Only Peoinee
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 4:02 AM
Very useful, I had the Bridgeport fountain effects imported on a layer but I never thought of using these too!
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:40 AM
I have found that the jets package causes may game to freeze. I have my CAw package folder linked to my Sims 3 package folder. When i placed all my CAW package files in my Sims 3 package folder my game begain to freeze. With search and elimanation I found that the Jets file was the problem. It had worked fine in the CAW. Is there anything that I can do to have them in my game?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 2:27 PM
Ah yes, I see why. Instead of just modding the OBJD, Ingeli has cloned the entire fountain object, which is unnecessary. This means that by putting these items in your game, this object is directly overriding the entire fountain object not just the catalog entry.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah yes, I see why. Instead of just modding the OBJD, Ingeli has cloned the entire fountain object, which is unnecessary. This means that by putting these items in your game, this object is directly overriding the entire fountain object not just the catalog entry.

I can redo them. I noticed that they are not available in SuperCAW so they are still useful.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 8:51 PM
Definitely useful, was there a reason why you made them as clones instead of OBJD overrides? I wondered if you spotted something I didn't!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 9:23 PM
Not really - just a beginner's luck/mistake, lol. I will test with just the objects cloned and see how it works. Apparently there can be problems with that method, as seen with the Lunar crystals - but those are of course included in the world file which makes it trickier.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 1st Mar 2012 at 11:03 PM
Yes, for the crystals you would need to clone them, as anything in a world file will only be read when the world file is loaded to memory (i.e, when you are playing that world). So OBJD overrides would not work unless you were playing Lunar Lakes.

But for the fountains, they are game files not part of a world file- so an OBJD mod should work, with a bit of luck. An easy way to try would just to be to open your existing packages and delete anything that isn't OBJD. Then test those in CAW and in-game (should show up in the world editor).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Mar 2012 at 10:56 PM
And thats what I did - uploaded new files. Hope this works better for you ceewee60.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 7:06 PM
The fountains work wonderfully but I noticed one thing: the large geyser fountain was missing. Just wanted to let you know, unless it shows up differently in the CAW than the others. I filtered using "fountain"

Brady

Follow the creation of new worlds, lots and objects at my new blog, UrbanSims!
~Brady
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 4:03 PM
Once again the jets file is freezing the game. It started with the update.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 8:48 AM
Thanks These are exactly what I was looking for. Lunar Lakes has them, and I'm building a sci-f- world, so taking some ideas from there.