Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 3:16 AM Last edited by Mish : 2nd Aug 2013 at 4:43 AM.
Default My CAW world won't load in game :(
I made a world in create a world, exported it and downloaded it in the game.

When I choose it from the worlds list to start a new game I get this message:

"a serious error occurred while loading 'world name'.world, it's strongly recommended to restart the application"

I tried changing the name from CAW, deleting Caches...etc..

nothing worked

I worked hard on that world and don't want to lose it.

the other worlds load normally, it's only the world I created.

please help me

---------------------------------
Ăšpdate:
I just tried to start new game in other world then move to my world by phone, still didn't work XD, I know it's clear it wont work, but better than not trying.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 8:12 PM
Make sure you have anything that uses those files (s3pe, Windows Explorer) closed, and maybe use an unlocker program to ensure the files are all available to the game. I spent plenty of time on other fixes and trashing 'corrupted' worlds before reading that merely looking at that folder in Explorer can be the cause.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 12:29 AM
I did, still didn't fix it, I think the problem is in the world itself, but it works fine when I open it using "edit in game" in CAW.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Aug 2013 at 10:40 AM
I did this and for me it was that I didn't rebuild the routing data before I saved it. After I did that it worked. I noticed it also takes a long time to save. Make sure the popup box saying saved ok comes up before closing CAW.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:31 PM
Hey, I'm new to all of this and I'm having similar problems. I've had a look on a few different threads and tried a lot of different fixes. Every time I get an error message.

I'm wondering if anyone that is having success would try exporting my world if I were able to send them the file?

As I've said I've tried a lot of different fixes although some are just too far above my skill level.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 10:25 PM
Sure, you can pm me a link to the files, or post them here.

How to Upload Caw Files to Share
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 3:04 PM
Thank you!

There's the link to the file;

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e...b2uy37p/FWP.rar

Its my first world so its pretty basic, go easy on me
Forum Resident
#8 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 10:06 AM
I got a good export, and installation. It opens in game fine and saves with no errors.

Hope it works for you

http://www.mediafire.com/?qnt9g81xirzydre
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
I got a good export, and installation. It opens in game fine and saves with no errors.

Hope it works for you

http://www.mediafire.com/?qnt9g81xirzydre

so, was there any problem? or it's just the export itself?

I can try send the world to you but I prefer to solve the problem myself to learn how to fix it later if it happens again to other worlds
Forum Resident
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2013 at 10:25 PM
I would think the culprit lies somewhere in your sims 3 folder. Whether it be a conflicting or outdated mod, CC, or something going on with your DCCache folder. The easiest way to test this is to make a copy of your caw world files. Pull your entire sims 3 folder out of your documents. Open Caw, and try to export, install, and run the copy of the world. If all goes well, then you can start adding things back in to narrow down what caused the problem. Once I had a slider mod that was causing the problem. Other times it has just been something wonky going on with the DCCache Folder. After a reinstall all of my store items, and select CC, all was well again.

After you test, let us know the results.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 2:24 AM
Hi Guys, I'm having the same problem. I've tried every different solution I have read about, including in this thread. Nothing has helped. Are there any other things that can go wrong in CAW than overlapping roads, lots placed in "edit in game" mode, not rebuilding routing, and anything wrong with the Sims 3 folder? I'm at the end of my rope and I really don't want to have to start over!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 6:39 AM
Does the new Clean user folder only involves The Sims 3 folder or the CAW folder as well? In Documents?

Just to confirm, Export was successful, Launcher did install it successfully - world appears as installed and it now appears in Installed Content Tab, with the .world and .package files successfully created in /InstalledWorld and /DcBackup?

By "same problem", do you mean the world is listed in the New Game list but won't load, or the world is not listed there but it is in /InstalledWorld folder, or you get the "serious error" message? All of those, or just one of those, which?
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Oct 2013 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
Does the new Clean user folder only involves The Sims 3 folder or the CAW folder as well? In Documents?

Just to confirm, Export was successful, Launcher did install it successfully - world appears as installed and it now appears in Installed Content Tab, with the .world and .package files successfully created in /InstalledWorld and /DcBackup?

By "same problem", do you mean the world is listed in the New Game list but won't load, or the world is not listed there but it is in /InstalledWorld folder, or you get the "serious error" message? All of those, or just one of those, which?

I got the serious error message when trying to load up the game from the menu. The export was successful (though I did have to copy and paste the .world file out onto my desktop first), the world installed fine, I found the world on the menu and everything, but when I try to load it up to play, I get the "serious error has occurred" message.

I do think I've found the problem - I overlooked my reference folder and lot objects when I was looking for objects that were overlapping lots or in weird places, and I found a few that were all overlapping at coordinates 0,0,0 underneath the world. But now I have another problem. I moved those objects to another layer so that I could delete them, saved, exited out of the world for a bit, entered again, and the objects had just respawned there, for no reason. I don't understand why I can't just delete these objects and have them stay deleted. Besides, I seem to have one object that I can't select, can't find in my list of objects, and therefore can't delete in the exact same spot.

Thanks for helping me out. I really don't want to have to delete this world, but I can't find the solution to making it work. This is the very first time I've ever had to ask for help like this before because everyone had usually been through what I was going through and found a way to make it work, but looking on Google gets me nowhere for this gem.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 8:00 PM
I am in desperate need for some help.I have tried everything that you guys have said even going to so far as to do the uninstall and reinstall that one person suggested but my game still wont play. Help! I went and packed the game up here is the link:

http://www.4shared.com/archive/iCoh2dY8ba/CAW.html

If any one can help me to get it to work in game i would be very grateful

"The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts."
#15 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:10 AM
Okay, so I've been having the same problem for the last month or so, on various worlds, both built on and empty. I have tried everything suggested, tried alternate methods of installation, re-installed CAW, and still receive the 'fatal error' message when trying to play my world.
I downloaded a world off MTS and installed, which worked fine, so I'm beginning to think the problem somehow lies in CAW itself, as I have tried a complete removal of all CC and cache files, with no results. Does anyone have any further ideas, or should I just give up?
#16 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 11:38 PM
Alright, so, on a whim I decided to thin out my cc in the form of sims3packs, as there was a lot that I had downloaded 'in the heat of the moment' so to speak, and never actually used in-game, and voila! No problems running my custom world! I have no idea which pack was the culprit, but evidently the problem lay there, rather than in my mods folder, strange as it seems. Hope this helps any of you still stuck.