Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 6:41 AM
Default Shrub Recolours w/o Cloning
I have some recolours of the base game Babbling Bougainvillea shrub that I'd like to finish, and that means making them seasons-safe. I've previously cloned and recoloured the rosebush and can follow the seasons-safe cloning tutorial well enough...whichis to say that I can mash the right buttons, but I'm embarrassingly ignorant of what the scenegraph-object-identifier-etc-name-stuff actually means.

I want to share these recolours, but I'd rather not have them be a separate/cloned object. That must be possible, but I can't see how to do it without starting with a clone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 3:45 PM
Here by Echo: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...115#post1710115
and here: https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=3341.0 (templates may be on Bienchen's sim2me site, though it seems to not be working at the moment)

Cloning seems to be the only way, but by the looks of it, cloning in either of these ways shouldn't give you a new object.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Liz : 8th Dec 2018 at 1:22 PM. Reason: continued failure
Thanks so much for your answer, simmer22. Echo's tutorial is, in fact, the one I've been following. I don't get how cloning doesn't result in having a clone....wait, could it be as simple as just not checking the "make a stand-alone object" box??
I'm so upsettingly ignorant when it comes to how these objects actually work... >_<

EDIT: I'm working on these shrub recolours again and running into the same problem... I'm still trying to get all the correct resources copied and added to cover all the states, but I think I'll work that out -- the bigger continuing problem is that when I clone without making a stand-alone, it gives the original, in-game shrub the custom-content asterisk. That was why I ended up doing the separate object the first time, but is there a way to avoid that?