Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:13 PM
Default Simsâ„¢ 4 Seasons: First Impressions
It's time to start saying whats good, whats bad, and first surprises.

Anyway, I decided to start in Summer and be patient let the surprises come to me, and my immediate reaction, I like the calender!

I better soon get it off pause mode and see what happens...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:41 PM
Is it just me or did they tweak the boot music slightly?
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:45 PM
I see others are playing Sims 4 seasons. I don't understand why mine will not install. I preordered a month ago, today is the release date. Mine still says unlocked not installed.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:46 PM Last edited by Citysim : 21st Jun 2018 at 4:59 PM.
boot music sounds the same, it probably the slight interface changes freaking you out.

I've started in Oasis Springs, today's a heat wave, I gone down to Desert Bloom park, <strike> so why arn't anybody wearing their new summer clothing?</strike>

Edit: Now noticed some sims do wear it it's kind of random, mccc needs a bit of an update as it's states this clothing is unknown.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Stardust74
I see others are playing Sims 4 seasons. I don't understand why mine will not install. I preordered a month ago, today is the release date. Mine still says unlocked not installed.
It should be available at midnight. At first it's available for Australia, New Zealand, then Asia, then Russia etc. America will be the last (blame the timezones) and it'll be available there in 12 hours.

edit: Here's a website with countdowns http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/1...ent-time-zones/
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
It should be available at midnight. At first, it's available for Australia, New Zealand, then Asia, then Russia etc. America will be the last (blame the timezones) and it'll be available there in 12 hours.

edit: Here's a website with countdowns http://simscommunity.info/2018/06/1...ent-time-zones/

Thank you for your answer.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
boot music sounds the same, it probably the slight interface changes freaking you out.

I've started in Oasis Springs, today's a heat wave, I gone down to Desert Bloom park, <strike> so why arn't anybody wearing their new summer clothing?</strike>

Edit: Now noticed some sims do wear it it's kind of random, mccc needs a bit of an update as it's states this clothing is unknown.

Couldve sworn there's some minor tweaks to the boot music. I'm feeling some added violin or something.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM
You might be right, I have to reload my game and and find out..
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
You might be right, I have to reload my game and and find out..

After multiple reloads (I am trying to locate which mod broke the calendar) I am fairly certain they have a new boot music. Its just they pick the old and new boot music at random. Sometimes you get the enw one, sometimes you get old ones.
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:38 PM
Just throwing this out there in case anyone feels they'll focus on it anyways: I'd love to know what the various flower arrangement gift effects are. That to me seems like the most interesting mechanic in the pack, it's just a question of if they gave it interesting effects or not.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:42 PM
Few hours later, bored so i'm putting it aside now,

Summary, It's ok, and and I'm sure to like it better as time progresses, I've only been in Oasis Springs and haven't seen any weaher effects as yet, but i'm in the middle of a heatwave, and you will see most of your sims walking around in clothing you never assigned to them, but then I spend more time browsing CAS, and without a new world, feels a little empty and strange for a EP, and found surprising very little content in the CAS section (maybe its all in build mode), right now but this feels so much more like GP than a EP.

But I suggest to anyone is don't start in Oasis Springs in summertime, everything looks the same, even if it is supposely suppose to be a heatwave.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
After multiple reloads (I am trying to locate which mod broke the calendar) I am fairly certain they have a new boot music. Its just they pick the old and new boot music at random. Sometimes you get the enw one, sometimes you get old ones.

they do have a new boot music, idk how to describe it but it sounds somewhat like an winter version of the main theme music
Scholar
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:19 AM
One of my mods was keeping me from being able to give gifts/plant flowers.... I removed quite a few. I feel like it's probably one of CoolSpears but I'll put some back in later and what happens. So far everything is looking great. I love a lot of things about this so far but the raking animation looks kinda ... rushed? Other than that.. I mean I just started playing so we shall see. The scouts thing is GREAT! The swing set is a blessing. The scarecrow is adorable. Bees are great but I wish my idiot sims would stop disturbing them. I wish they would change in and out of outdoor clothing when going in and out, yeah tehy dont do that. Guess will have to wait for a mod for that. Haven't had any weather yet. WOohood in leaf pile which was funny. I put a skating rink on our property because it's the biggest, so that's been fun. Looks like skating is a hidden skill. THe animation around that is really good, although I must say they recover fast from falling!
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:47 AM
Yeah the Swingset is great, and it was the only object I checked out so far, finally adults can use the playground, also remember the hot weather clothing is catagoried great and is spot on, you might see your sims wearing something new, but many actually look good on them, with top and bottom styles you never would of imagined on them along with their bright new color combinations, makes you notice them.

Unfortunately there are bad CC catagoriers that make good stuff but its only a matter of time until it's messed up from a hot weather category down to a clown stituion category

Oh yeah swimwear for toddlers but catagory is empty and couldn't find any... ?!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:53 AM
So far so good! Started with a heatwave in Summer (seems to be a default thing for most?) which had a nice wave effect. Other than that, I couldn't see a huge difference in lighting during Summer other than it staying lighter the later it gets. Experienced a thunderstorm, the rain effect is wonderful and the whole house shakes when loud lightning strikes! I think I even saw lightning flashes in the window lighting on the floor of the house (if any of that made sense.. I wasn't sure how to word it). Pets also seem to react to thunder and lightning which I thought was super cute.

The kiddie pool is also adorable. So far the things I'm sad about regarding summer:
- Lack of sunbathing and loungers, I really loved this aspect in previous Sims games!
- Water balloon fighting is kind of.. Slow and sims reactions are delayed and they often throw balloons and they land elsewhere.
- No new pool interactions (that I know of), I would've loved some sort of pool games (like 2 had marco polo) or even floating on their back again!
dodgy builder
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:54 AM
The glass roof is seethrough at least.

Screenshots
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:55 AM
I squealed so hard at this:

Seriously I'm melting over this pack
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:23 AM
Just heard the new boot-up music for the first time, you may get a random alternative and it sounds really good considering the older boot music is nearly 4 years old
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:49 AM
Mud puddles is the sorriest excuse of a texture. They look like crap and they doesnt even merge with the puddle beside them unlike the normal water puddle.

WHY DONT YOU JUST USE NORMAL WATER PUDDLES EA? WHYYYYY
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:46 AM
Haven't seen any snow yet, but we wanted rain and you get don't just get rain, because its pours, the world gets dark and despressing so quick, can say nice effects if you keep all your settings on ultra and even the rivers and lakes animate due to the violent weather, but i decided I won't be fishing today...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:46 AM
Hey, people with money.
If you schedule an event and invite a sim outside the current household. If you're in that other sims household when the day comes by will the event still happen? Will they be invited?

FOR THE HORDE
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Hey, people with money.
If you schedule an event and invite a sim outside the current household. If you're in that other sims household when the day comes by will the event still happen? Will they be invited?

Try again, but maybe less condescending this time.
Scholar
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:44 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:57 AM.
I love that my sims can declare their favorite weather and declare that which they hate. I had Henry declare hatred for snow, and when the first snow fell... he got angry! Also Patchy is in his house right now and he is so cute.

ETA: Henry's wife Jade declared her love of snow and his look was annoyed and they lost a little like for each other! BAHAHA so true. My friends and I are always arguing over my hatred of snow/their love of snow. (I'm Canadian so...)
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:17 AM
I'm finding it a little to actually truely get started with It, seems they didn't give us any premade example lots in our library. How would you go about building a roller-skating rink, there's no new lot types either. Should it go in Park, Pub, Nightclub? who knows....
Page 1 of 9