Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

Charmful

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 15872 (Who?), Viewed: 363743 times.
Page 635 of 635
Forum Resident
#15851 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 6:11 AM
Thank you both, that worked! I haven't played apartments in a very long time!
Forum Resident
#15852 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Silly question: Does anyone else add the Sims 3 build/buy music to the custom music folder? I do so because it's nice to have a little more variety when redecorating houses.

No, I turned off the buy/build music and just keep music on when I have speakers on a community lot. I like it setting the atmosphere there.
Instructor
DELETED POST
18th Oct 2018 at 1:39 PM Last edited by Primavera : Yesterday at 1:53 AM.
This message has been deleted by Primavera. Reason: figured it out!
Mad Poster
#15853 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 3:54 PM
Where in a custom food package is the name that appears on the Make/Make Many menus? Some of my custom foods have no name or the wrong name there.
Theorist
#15854 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 7:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Where in a custom food package is the name that appears on the Make/Make Many menus? Some of my custom foods have no name or the wrong name there.

Oh! I know this one. It's the "Catalog Description." Every other fridge menu uses the text from "Text Lists," but that one's unique. Be sure to check which language as well; usually when that one's wrong for me it's because my game uses UK English rather than US English - and the best way to fix that is just to hit the "Default lang only" button.
Forum Resident
#15855 Old Yesterday at 3:40 AM
Do all sims have favorite hobbies? One of my sims doesn’t seem to have a favorite hobby. I’ve tried every one and he still doesn’t have one highlighted. I don’t know if I should be worried or if it’s not that important. Also some of my toddlers already had a hobby highlighted, one had cuisine, so I’m not even sure how that would’ve happened.
Theorist
#15856 Old Yesterday at 3:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarr
Do all sims have favorite hobbies? One of my sims doesn’t seem to have a favorite hobby. I’ve tried every one and he still doesn’t have one highlighted. I don’t know if I should be worried or if it’s not that important. Also some of my toddlers already had a hobby highlighted, one had cuisine, so I’m not even sure how that would’ve happened.

As far as I know every sim should automatically have a OTH assigned. You can check what it is with either the FFS Lot Debugger or the Sim Blender (probably others as well). You can also manually assign an OTH with various tools including those two, and the Blender also lets you re-roll an OTH if you find the original one to be unfitting or if you feel you've already got too many with that hobby but don't want to just pick one (I re-roll most of my sims OTH's a few times to see what the options are). As for the toddler with cuisine, if you don't have a toddler toy that would be contributing (I've got toy pans, as an example), I think they can get it from eating crayons at the activity table.
Mad Poster
#15857 Old Yesterday at 4:30 AM
I added FT after Drama Acres had already been going for awhile, and I found that CAS sims who had been created prior to adding it never got OTHs. I could've added them with the batbox, but never found they added enough to gameplay to bother.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#15858 Old Yesterday at 5:05 AM
Is there anything that can be used to control minimum/maximum number of sims on community lots? I have the cheat to allow more of them at once in my userstartup, but when visiting pokey lots it becomes too crowded.

Moved to Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#15859 Old Yesterday at 5:17 AM
SimWardrobe has a customer limit adjuster. It works on unowned lots but you need to place it ahead of time and set it every time you visit.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#15860 Old Yesterday at 5:36 AM
For some reason I can't get it to work. I can set it on say 5 sims and it will happily report that there are 7 or 8.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#15861 Old Yesterday at 8:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
For some reason I can't get it to work. I can set it on say 5 sims and it will happily report that there are 7 or 8.

Odd quirk - have you checked it for conflicts?
Mad Poster
#15862 Old Yesterday at 8:24 AM
Quote:

I wonder if it takes into account the owner as well?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Needs Coffee
#15863 Old Yesterday at 9:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Odd quirk - have you checked it for conflicts?

No. Plus it's an object, so it shouldn't really conflict with anything.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#15864 Old Yesterday at 10:05 AM
Recently downloaded Walkbys Behave (the Furious version) by Cyjon, thought I followed all instructions, ran HCDU and got alerted to two versions of a CJ hack apparently conflicting with each other: CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper.package and CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper v2a.package. Turns out that yes they're both in my Cyjon mods folder in the CJ-WalkbysBehave-Furious sub-folder. Unless my eyesight/reading comprehension is working worse than usual, there's nothing at all in Cyjon's documention to explain why there are two files or how they are different. Anyone familiar enough with this set of mods to help me out here?

I would assume I'd need to remove one (but I have no idea which one), but then re-reading the info linked above, I notice this:
Quote:
INSTALLATION NOTE #2: All five mods are included in each zip file, but TrashKick and TrashMess are not compatible.
I removed exactly one file (TrashMess) after unzipping the archive, and I currently have exactly four mods left in that sub-folder (CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealGnome, CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper v2a, CJ-WalkbysBehave-StealNewspaper, and CJ-WalkbysBehave-TrashKick). That instilation note seems to suggest that there should be four mods left once I've removed which ever "trash" mod I'd rather not keep. I'm just really confused right now.
Mad Poster
#15865 Old Yesterday at 10:36 AM
It looks like 2a is a newer version, so I'd keep that one. Looks like Cyjon forgot to take the old one out when he updated it.
Theorist
#15866 Old Yesterday at 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
It looks like 2a is a newer version, so I'd keep that one. Looks like Cyjon forgot to take the old one out when he updated it.

Good point. I hadn't thought to check the dates, so I did that. Turns out the "2a" version is actually about two months older than the other one; 2a was last modified Sept 18, 2011 while the one without "2a" was last modified November 9, 2011. (Opening them in SimPE also shows me that there are a lot more BHAV lines in the 2a version, but unfortunately I can't understand what any of it means beyond going, "Yup, there are more of them.")
Alchemist
#15867 Old Yesterday at 12:17 PM
Quote:

You might never know, If it actually does conflict .... So If I were you, I might check it anyway.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#15868 Old Yesterday at 1:50 PM
Quote:

It is an object that also contains three overrides to the Community Lot Populator, it is likely to conflict with other mods.
Needs Coffee
#15869 Old Yesterday at 2:17 PM
Something like Larger Families perhaps? I would run the HCDU but it hasn't worked for me for some time, always goes non-responsive.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#15870 Old Yesterday at 3:36 PM Last edited by omglo : Yesterday at 3:54 PM.
@Rosawyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosawyn
Speaking of move objects...anyone happen to know how to flag something in SimPE so it can be moved without having to turn that on?

Scholar
#15871 Old Today at 3:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
SimWardrobe has a customer limit adjuster. It works on unowned lots but you need to place it ahead of time and set it every time you visit.

Quote:

Doesn't seem to work for me either, and I already took out the one mod it clashed with. I set it to something high straight away but no more than 2 townies were ever there at once.

Moved to Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
#15872 Old Today at 4:19 AM
I don't want it for unowned lots, mine are all owned. So maybe that's why it isn't working? My issue is too many sims in my tiny shops, i want less. My PO is on a 1 by 1 lot and I have had up to 10 sims in there.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#15873 Old Today at 5:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omglo
@Rosawyn

Unfortunately this did not work. I followed all the steps carefully, double checked to make sure I had it all right and hadn't missed anything, but when I loaded up the game to check, it's just like it was before: I place the object and can't pick it up again. It says "Can't pick up."
Page 635 of 635