Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 43 (Who?), Viewed: 8349 times.
Page 2 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2017 at 3:19 AM
Hopping on the band wagon to say simmer22 and I are quite similar. c: Except people think I'm older than what I actually am, even without makeup. The most extreme case I can think of is that when I was 12 or 13, I politely turned down a slightly tipsy gentleman who was well too old for me by disclosing my true age when asked. His eyes grew wide, "I thought you were like, 18. You look so much older.."
Ever since then, it's never left. Now that I'm actually nearing 18, people think I'm in my early 20s! It's so strange. I personally don't see it, since I consider myself to be stuck with a chronic baby face.

Let's see.. Oh, others also never would of guessed I actually have a deep fascination with the paranormal, and follow a metaphysical path myself. I suppose that's due the fact I generally avoid discussing such matters should they happen to arise since I'm from a more conservative area.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 3:00 PM
Others think I'm getting out of my mind when I tell em I like getting sick with flu. I find It comforting.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 22nd Oct 2017 at 12:09 AM
People tend to be surprised about my age as well and in some cases donít even believe me when I tell them my age. Iím currently 18 but a look a few years younger.

When my dad bought me The simpsons hit and run for PS2, I went into the shop with my dad and the shopkeeper asked him whether I was 7 years old or over as that was the age rating and I immediately said the the shop keeper that I was 12 years old in an irritated tone, although I wasnít intending on sounding so harsh anyway the shop keeper suddenly felt really bad for assuming that I was seven or younger and she apologised to me a number of time.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Scholar
#30 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 10:05 PM
For a person who doesn't care what they look like, friends and family are always pleasantly surprised when I pick out nice stuff for them to try on or buy. But I don't have much of an interest in clothes, furniture and interiors however are my thing (which is why I love the sims really) its like a free customisable canvas
Theorist
#31 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:08 PM
It's been many years, but one thing I know surprised the hell out of my coworkers is I'm very liberal, and an atheist. They had assumed for years I must be conservative and religious, because I'm really shy and quiet, don't talk much, don't drink, and for a long time, a very conservative and religious coworker was my best/only friend at work. They thought since we got along so well, I must be like him. This coworker who was surprised (also a liberal atheist) was so shocked that I was not who he thought I was, that he asked my permission to tell two other coworkers since apparently they'd all gotten the same impression. I guess part of the surprise for them was that I'd worked with these people for almost a decade, and they had no clue.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:32 PM
People are also surprised about my age as well, I actually only just turned 14 in August. Physically speaking, I think I look much younger tbqh.
I have a bit of a baby face.
Tartan McBadgerface
staff: moderator
#33 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 2:24 AM
That I'm not in a bad mood at all, that's just how my face looks :P
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfrozeover
That I'm not in a bad mood at all, that's just how my face looks :P

ME too! Also no, I have not had a stroke. And I'm not snarling at you, I've always had an ugly smile. I spent years in front of a mirror trying to make a smile...nope, the lips never will turn UP.

Namaste
Field Researcher
#35 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 2:33 AM
Likely my resonance for candles. They can alter the atmosphere of a room and provide heat certainly, but, I rather find enjoyment in observing the way the flame moves; watching the wax of a candle vaporize into hydrogen and carbon. There is much that I come to understand about life when I stare extensively into the base of a flame.

ďWe all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.Ē

ó Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Test Subject
#36 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:31 PM
My music taste. I don't mean to sound like one of those "I'm a young person who listens to OLD MUSIC" people; I hate them myself.
I grew up with my parents' music tastes. Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Rolling Stones from my dad. Black Sabbath, Twisted Sister, Pink Floyd, and the Ramones from my mum.
Through that, I've come to find the Sex Pistols, Misfits, and a bunch of great punk rock and metal. People just don't expect a young girl to be into that stuff.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:42 PM Last edited by Kunder : 14th Nov 2017 at 2:29 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
My sleep schedule is non-existant, and most of the time it's "go to bed before the rest of the house wakes up (Playing Sims all night)", "go to bed, because you have work tomorrow and you need at least 4 hours of sleep to function (Or playing Sims)", or "go to bed because you're almost asleep standing up and already fell asleep several times on the couch (Playing Sims2), you stubborn night-owl (Simmer)".

My waking-up schedule is as follows: "Wake up because you have work (Or play Sims)", "Wake up because you have something else you need to be awake for (Sims)", or "Wake up because it's sometime past 1 PM and you can't be in bed all day", or "Wake up, because brain (Sims) says you've had enough sleep, even if you really haven't".

Last night I got up at 3 PM, and went to bed 7.30 AM, just as an example (Were you up playing Sims from 15:00, to 07:30? ). I'm slightly better at keeping to a cycle when I've got work, but only slightly. Mostly it's "be in bed somewhere between 12 and 2 AM, and get up at 6.20 AM", and weekends/days off it's "be in bed before 4 AM, and get up at around 12 AM", giving me roughly 8 hours once in a while so my brain gets happy.
FIFY I feel your pain!

For me, it's my patience, and compassion towards others. Especially with children. With kids, and I'm including teenagers here, I have the patience of an oyster, and my compassion knows no bounds. After all, they are our future . I just don't seem like the type.
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWithABox
My music taste. I don't mean to sound like one of those "I'm a young person who listens to OLD MUSIC" people; I hate them myself.
I grew up with my parents' music tastes. Midnight Oil, AC/DC, Rolling Stones from my dad. Black Sabbath, Twisted Sister, Pink Floyd, and the Ramones from my mum.
Through that, I've come to find the Sex Pistols, Misfits, and a bunch of great punk rock and metal. People just don't expect a young girl to be into that stuff.

hey, same! this is pretty nice to read. i kinda grew up with my dad's music too, and he listens to metal. i know the bands you mentioned but never really gave them an actual listen. i started listening to metal around age 14 though i think so that was kind of late. but this surprises people because i do seem conservative and like a very soft delicate person. not their fault, i do carry myself like that on purpose. most of the metal music i listen to are non-american bands though.
Scholar
#39 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:46 PM
A lot of people are always surprised with how I can recall events in great detail or remember stuff which could be considered "petty" or "minor". That, and back when I was in middle school people would always be surprised at how fast I was going in computer class. It's kinda hard NOT to when they are teaching you the fundamentals of using a computer! haha you should've seen all of the other students when I was using Audacity (the school computers had it pre-installed) and I was recording music on Grooveshark (It was like Spotify. I don't think it's around anymore). Then there's the time when I made a "mashup" of "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer and "Super Freak" by Rick James. Yet again: It's not all that hard to do since the 2 songs are the same key and close to the same tempo. lol
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWithABox

Same here. It probably would surprise some people that myself, a 24 year old would be listening to Frank Sinatra. I also got to listen to AC/DC and Midnight Oil thanks to my mum.
We actually had a Midnight Oil concert a few weeks ago, but I had to work

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 9:03 AM
I'm a yandere who is super duper shy!
Theorist
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:48 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 8th Dec 2017 at 1:53 AM.
My distaste for the corporate American office environment. I was pretty much groomed for office work starting in 4th grade due to the school system in Washington and I began to hate it after a certain point in my young adulthood.

Unless it's an office that creates video games or translates foreign language cartoons, I am not applying. Minutiae such as various prices of manila folders under quantities and conditions would probably fall out my ears along with shellfish to prove just how out of place I feel in such a mundane environment.

Although I can be organized, I can be messy and if the manager is a complete jerk and pushes employees around, I'm not going to say "I told you so..." If the building goes up in smoke and fire and the timid employees along with the financial assets are missing after the damage report.

(My father says this is more or less accurate to the work environment he had at Microsoft.)

To be direct, I only work in non-toxic environments. I tend to feed off the energy emitted from people in a bad mood.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Scholar
#43 Old Yesterday at 11:21 AM
One thing which surprises people is when I can recreate a tone of a sound with my voice near-perfectly. I don't know if it's any real talent or not, but it's something I've always been able to do. lol.
Theorist
Original Poster
#44 Old Today at 1:04 AM
I am currently watching an anime titled Osomatsu-san, which is the 80th creator birthday anniversary series based on Fujio Akatsuka's Osomatsu-kun. Osomatsu-kun was originally from the early 1960s (Showa era, postwar Hirohito rule) and it revolved around identical sextuplet brothers who had a wacky set of neighbors in their neighborhood like Iyami, a Francophile with a serious overbite with a weird gag of twisting his limbs and shouting "Sheeh!", which launched 1,000 sight gags after its debut.

Osomatsu-san focuses on the sextuplets in their early 20s in 2015 (Heiwa era, under Akihito's rule) and I don't know the target age of Osomatsu-kun, but Osomatsu-san has some pretty adult humor.

It's obscure outside of Japan, but its revival was worth the watch

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Page 2 of 2