Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 55 (Who?), Viewed: 676 times.
Page 3 of 3
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#51 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 9:56 AM
As you can see, that file isn't marked as read-only, so it looks like the game should be able to write to that correctly.

Next test- can the game write to a brand- new Sims 2 folder?

Try what I suggested in post #25- drag Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 to the desktop and run the game so that a new Sims 2 folder is created. Enter one of the EA neighbourhoods (or create a new one, if you are using empty templates). Take a screenshot. Can you make a neighbourhood story? Can you make a sim and enter a lot and make a story for that family?
Scholar
Original Poster
#52 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:06 PM
Ok I will try that. It will be later on.

Also, the photo organizer program can't read those pictures either... But just in my main folder.

Question: if my camera and video don't work in ANY folder, why would it in a new one? Do you think it's mod conflict?
Mad Poster
#53 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:27 PM
If it were a mod conflict, pulling your downloads folder would reveal it. No, testing with brand-new data is how you eliminate the possibility that your entire Sims2 folder is corrupted in some way.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old Yesterday at 5:56 AM
Ok. I loaded up a brand new folder.

This is what I got.

Now even in my main folder where the malfunctions are happening, I still have the original Maxis hood pictures. I don't even have those here.

Guys...what's wrong with my computer?
Screenshots
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#55 Old Yesterday at 8:42 AM
Okay, let's do a test. Can you attach the N002_Neighborhood.png and the N002_Neighborhood.reia files from the newly generated Strangetown to a post? They should be in Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N002.

That way, one of us can generate a fresh Strangetown and put your image files in there, to see if they are working right for us.

The storytelling files are in the Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling folder, but you'd have to zip the whole thing up for us to test that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old Yesterday at 5:20 PM
I put it ALL in there, except lots and characters since I didn't touch anything. I did attach Bluewater to it, so I hope that doesn't mess with you...So I left out the suburb files.
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Strangetown storytelling files.zip (4.17 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Page 3 of 3