Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 12:53 PM
Darn now I have to start all over.... I accidentally deleted the save! I feel so dumb....

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Darn now I have to start all over.... I accidentally deleted the save! I feel so dumb....

Ouch! That's gotta hurt. At least you get the fun of doing it all over again.
Test Subject
#103 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 9:02 PM
I think I'll have a go at the challenge, I think it's one I'll stick to.
Alchemist
#104 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:55 AM
I'm playing through my version of stage 2, although I haven't had time over the weekend. Tomorrow I can play some more, just to check that things are relatively functional. I was thinking of posting it in the forum soon, in case some of you want to give it a go. (Might take the heat off Misty, too!)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#105 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I'm playing through my version of stage 2, although I haven't had time over the weekend. Tomorrow I can play some more, just to check that things are relatively functional. I was thinking of posting it in the forum soon, in case some of you want to give it a go. (Might take the heat off Misty, too!)

I'm actually working on Stage II right now. I might have it up today. If you like, I can send you an advanced copy (before it hits the forums). Lady K is also willing to help me test challenges and since you created your own, I'd like to get your insight. I'm trying to build a Unit I can offer to people with the challenge but I'm not the greatest builder.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed

I'd like to see what you're doing. I've played through this challenge twice, and had a total of 10 sims survive it. 4 of them moved on to the Doomsday Colony challenge, and I'd be interested in different scenarios to play for the rest of the survivors.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:31 PM
Is it a bad thing that I have 6 sims and 4 of them are toddlers? My sim had 1 and then triplets! Why?! And the lot didn't have much room. So now the triplets are all sleeping outside , oops. And it's only day 49.... Sounds like this is going to get interesting.

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#108 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:33 PM
Is it a bad thing that I have 6 sims and 4 of them are toddlers? My sim had 1 and then triplets! Why?! And the lot didn't have much room... so now the triplets are all sleeping outside... oops...

LOL! Child abuse!
Field Researcher
#109 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
LOL! Child abuse!
Not necessarily... I am going to attempt at building a room but the first child is about to be a child sim... So I can move that one into the loft bed above one of the cribs... inside... So that will make things a little better...

Field Researcher
#110 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 4:37 PM
I think things will be better now... The triplets have walls, and a roof, and floor, so I think they will be happier... Cant say the same for my YA sims...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#111 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:00 PM Last edited by MistyDW : 2nd Mar 2014 at 7:37 PM.
OK boys and girls...you asked for it, you got it.
I just finished work on...drum roll please...
DOOMSDAY CHALLENGE PT 2: ISOLATION

I still need to check it over one more time and send it out to my "testers" for input, but it should be up very soon! This takes place after Countdown (this challenge) but before Colony (Pt 3). Hopefully you will love it.

EDIT: It's with the two people who are kind enough to have volunteered to test it for me. I'm sure I'll hear something soon. As soon as I do, I'll post it for everyone to check out.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 5:12 PM
I cant wait till you post Pt. 2!

Field Researcher
#113 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 12:41 AM
Well things are going quite well now. Everyone accept one of the 6 children made it through the first 30 days. But things can only get worse, because I have to move....

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#114 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 1:08 AM
Yeah the first 30 days are not too bad. The last 30 are what will kick your butt.
Instructor
#115 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 2:53 PM
Yeah the first 30 days are not too bad. The last 30 are what will kick your butt.

Uh oh. I just reached day 30 on my game!
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Uh oh. I just reached day 30 on my game!

Look on the bright side, with no police to enforce the stay in your homes law, you don't have to put up with the stircrazy moodlet anymore. You can go to the junkyard to salvage things. You just have to avoid people. If you get enough scrap and time it right, you can go to the fire house that is now suppose to be deserted and use the inventing table. It doesn't need electricity per say just gas you can siphon off the fire truck and only a little bit of that. You can then use your creations to trade when the trader comes back around.

Say a time machine in exchange for windmill that will both pump your water but has a filtration system attached to it. Two machines get you two so you as long as the wind is blowing you can generate energy as well. As long as you don't catch the virus and die from it, you can live better than any of your neighbors. The problem is... If you haven't maxed out your physical traits by day 11 or so... Your probably not going to survive...

I highly recommend if you have the ep that gave us the chin up bar that you either use some of your scrap to "build" yourself one or that you trade something like a toy you invented to get one. Your going to need it for the younger generation to build that skill.
Field Researcher
#117 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 9:52 PM
Well things haven't been that bad... but to be fair I have only been through 2 of the new shack... But they are struggling, with 7 mouths to feed, food is scarce. And we moved during the winter so the garden is dormant, 1 meal a day from fire... Not that great

Lab Assistant
#118 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:16 PM
Well things haven't been that bad... but to be fair I have only been through 2 of the new shack... But they are struggling, with 7 mouths to feed, food is scarce. And we moved during the winter so the garden is dormant, 1 meal a day from fire... Not that great
Nope it isn't. That's why I took a risk and only had one kid. I then took in the little girl that showed up. Sure more people means greater chance of surviving, but it also means harder play. My recommendation don't save things to plant. Eat them. By the time you get to spring you will probably be doing runs on town and if you live in a town that has the community garden or the Faery Garden, you can raid those late at night for more food that you can then use part of for planting.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Nope it isn't. That's why I took a risk and only had one kid. I then took in the little girl that showed up. Sure more people means greater chance of surviving, but it also means harder play. My recommendation don't save things to plant. Eat them. By the time you get to spring you will probably be doing runs on town and if you live in a town that has the community garden or the Faery Garden, you can raid those late at night for more food that you can then use part of for planting.
I haven't been saving anything, I just planted about 3 or 4 apple trees and they are perfect quality, good food on the way! And I didn't even think about the fairy garden, thanks! I only wanted 2-3 kids though, then they had 6! Why cant they do this on the right saves?! LOL

Lab Assistant
#120 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 1:48 AM
I haven't been saving anything, I just planted about 3 or 4 apple trees and they are perfect quality, good food on the way! And I didn't even think about the fairy garden, thanks! I only wanted 2-3 kids though, then they had 6! Why cant they do this on the right saves?! LOL

Hey that's what I told my husband when we got married. "I only want two kids but if the first two are both girls since you are the last of your family line, I will let you try for a boy a third time" We ended up with 6. Girl, Girl Boy, Girl, girl, boy. Why? And I quote... "Every boy needs a brother."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#121 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 3:41 AM
Hey that's what I told my husband when we got married. "I only want two kids but if the first two are both girls since you are the last of your family line, I will let you try for a boy a third time" We ended up with 6. Girl, Girl Boy, Girl, girl, boy. Why? And I quote... "Every boy needs a brother."

That's way out of my league. I have two. One is 18 (boy) and the other 16 (girl). I'm so done with teenagers. When the 16 year old graduates I will dance a jig at her party and sing "ding dong i'm done with kids" LOL.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 3:41 PM
That's way out of my league. I have two. One is 18 (boy) and the other 16 (girl). I'm so done with teenagers. When the 16 year old graduates I will dance a jig at her party and sing "ding dong i'm done with kids" LOL.

Mine are 21(in 5 days) 19,17,14,13,12, The twelve year old will be 13 before the 13 year old is 14. I've been walking around the house for months now mumbling "I don't know what happened, all I did was bilnk." I want them to grow up but due to issues with the local school system, mine not the kids, I home school. So they are always here and always underfoot. I don't know what I will do when they are all gone. Its funny, If I go visit my mom who lives in the city I cant sleep because of all the traffic noise. If the kids go visit without me, I can't sleep for the lack of kid noise. Hubby keeps telling me, its not them, its me. I just don't sleep. My Grandpa use to say my sister and I weren't worth a plug nickle but he wouldn't take a million dollars for us. I kinda feel the same way except I think my kids are worth a little more. I would loan you my 17 year old. He does dishes without being told, is currently working on making solar panels so that we can get off grid faster and cheaper. Though his well actually comments letting you know you mixed up facts about something can get annoying.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:55 AM
So, I finished pt 1 finally and wouldn't you know trying to move the kids off to college so I can make them the researcher and doctor for part two they disappear They are still there of course in with their original family but they didn't make it to University. When that loaded up they just weren't there to move in anywhere. So, Now I have to go back. All four survived... I am not doing that last day again! I am going to try one more time to move them over... If it doesn't work that way then I will move the girls to the library and pray I can get them in at the University that way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#124 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 11:20 AM
So, I finished pt 1 finally and wouldn't you know trying to move the kids off to college so I can make them the researcher and doctor for part two they disappear They are still there of course in with their original family but they didn't make it to University. When that loaded up they just weren't there to move in anywhere. So, Now I have to go back. All four survived... I am not doing that last day again! I am going to try one more time to move them over... If it doesn't work that way then I will move the girls to the library and pray I can get them in at the University that way.

That should work. I've moved my original couple from the doomsday colony around to the other doomsday challenges so many times its not funny. I just keep them in the library and pull them out as needed.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 12:25 PM
That should work. I've moved my original couple from the doomsday colony around to the other doomsday challenges so many times its not funny. I just keep them in the library and pull them out as needed.
Good Plan
Page 5 of 17