Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#11351 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 8:03 PM
I thought it could be Grimmy. Not because of high standards but so they didn't came out all at once and he had some time to take them one by one. For these occasions he should consider to hire a team.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11352 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:15 AM
Staffing the Reaper position better as needed is not a bad idea even if it doesn't really happen in the game. I've already seen multiple maids dispatched to my sims' houses. Can never tell if that means they are regarded as particularly sloppy or the service team thinks my sim's lot is overly large and thus requires extra attention, but I just let it go and have two maids for the days on which it happens even if one of them ends up goofing off most of the time.
Forum Resident
#11353 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:02 PM
Sims can play the toy xylophone with their toddlers!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11354 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:49 AM
If it's freezing outside and Sims have to route across a frozen body of water, they'll tiptoe across it carefully and get scared if they occasionally slip. Such a nice attention to detail.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Mad Poster
#11355 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
If it's freezing outside and Sims have to route across a frozen body of water, they'll tiptoe across it carefully and get scared if they occasionally slip. Such a nice attention to detail.

It's 95 deg (F) outside and sims keep drawing wishes to go skating on the pond because "surely it must be frozen over by now." Has anyone ever let them actually try to do that?
Instructor
#11356 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 3:49 AM
That inactive kids can autonomously sell baked goods with the bake sale table- today my sim bought a cupcake from a little kid in the park!
Lab Assistant
#11357 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 5:37 AM Last edited by armyangel93 : 29th Oct 2018 at 5:37 AM. Reason: Typo
Apparently dogs can show up in the premade cats catalogue. Hmm.

Perhaps I've corrupted something.
Top Secret Researcher
#11358 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Sims can play the toy xylophone with their toddlers!

Pegbox too. It helps them to level up faster.
Not sure what reading books does for them.

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#11359 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 12:44 AM
When a pregnant sim goes to a costume party they don't change clothes but they do give a notification that says "How do you like my costume? I should have it for about #(however long is left in the pregnancy) more hours. Teeheehee!"
Site Helper
#11360 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
It's 95 deg (F) outside and sims keep drawing wishes to go skating on the pond because "surely it must be frozen over by now." Has anyone ever let them actually try to do that?

Given the "close connection" between a sim's wants and their actual autonomous actions, I would say that trying to let them go skating would probably end up with everybody having a dance contest because someone was playing the drums.

(Or maybe this is just the sim version of complaining that they wish it were cooler.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11361 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 5:22 AM Last edited by igazor : 30th Oct 2018 at 8:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Given the "close connection" between a sim's wants and their actual autonomous actions, I would say that trying to let them go skating would probably end up with everybody having a dance contest because someone was playing the drums.

(Or maybe this is just the sim version of complaining that they wish it were cooler.)

Given that these wishes are often accompanied by the ones to hang up holiday lights (in the middle of the summer), you might have something there. Although can't say I can find a similar explanation for teens who want to learn how to drive when they have already done so, have a driving certificate hanging on the wall to prove it, and drive their own cars all over town. Perhaps they are yearning for a good bonding experience with their parents, this is really reaching on my part, but if the parents have already taught them how to drive then probably they already have a really high relationship with at least one of them.

I always really interpreted the wintry ones as some component of the dream and seasons managers getting out of sync somehow.
Site Helper
#11362 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 2:37 PM
The teens wanting to learn to drive is easy: they want fewer restrictions. If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough not to have the same restrictions you had 8 years ago. If you still have the same restrictions, then your old, nearly senile parents who have never been your age and couldn't remember it if they had been your age have obviously not noticed that you're old enough to be driving. So it's time to have them teach you again.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Mad Poster
#11363 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 5:47 PM Last edited by igazor : 30th Oct 2018 at 6:14 PM.
LOL, let's see my parents would have been 35 and 39 when I got my driver's license. I would have loved to have seen the looks on their faces if I demanded to learn how to drive all over again after that, for some reason at that age it just never occurred to me. Maybe I'll try it now, though.
Scholar
#11364 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:00 PM
Publicly disgraced isn't just for cheating. Apparently it applies to whoo hooing with occult sims.
I mean i only married him because he was a freeloader and my sim wanted to get married, but come on. This is going to be a long forced marriage if he constantly figuratively has to wear the bag over his head.
Screenshots

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#11365 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
Publicly disgraced isn't just for cheating. Apparently it applies to whoo hooing with occult sims.
I mean i only married him because he was a freeloader and my sim wanted to get married, but come on. This is going to be a long forced marriage if he constantly figuratively has to wear the bag over his head.

I really want a mod to stop that. Sigh!

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#11366 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace
I really want a mod to stop that. Sigh!

This games moodlet is weird. Divorcing wife- no moodlet. Sleeping with a genie - negative moodlet.
Since he glitched his way into my game I shall enjoy his misery if this continues.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Lab Assistant
#11367 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 2:38 AM

Yeah, who knew...
Field Researcher
#11368 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:26 PM

Childish sims can play the "air guitar" It's my first time seeing it and I still can't find the interaction to do it. I wonder if it's autonomous only, talking about autonomous, ever since I installed retuner a lot of stuff that wasn't before seem to be now.
Top Secret Researcher
#11369 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy

I hate it so much that I shut off the celebrity system. I'd get accused even if I didn't do anything.
But, I was reading the Carl's guide... I guess sometimes the accusations are false (duh!), and you can click on city hall and select something to sue the accuser.
I want to try that.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#11370 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I guess sometimes the accusations are false...

A sim's reputation is how others see them. Not what they have done. It's what the nosy busybody across the street Mrs. Kravitz's of the world think they see when peering through their binoculars (okay, telescopes) between the venetian blinds before they scream for their husbands who never believe them anyway. Sorry if that sounds sexist, but the reference was from the 1960s when we didn't know any better.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#11371 Old 16th Nov 2018 at 7:06 PM
I just discovered not long ago (just a few days ago) that sometimes sims can close a fridge with their foot, or that if they close it with their elbow, and they don't succeed they then close it with their foot. I don't know exactly what happened, I just saw from a distance that they were closing it with their foot at least.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#11372 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:43 AM
This is more something I rediscovered. I forgot how detailed the skills tab is and how many things it keeps track of. I have this self employed nectar making sim and instead of going straight to a guide to see what nectar sells best, I just experiment myself and use the skill information page to keep track of my best selling wines. I love trying to break the records there Also, I like how this ties into the gardening and consigner page. I Just wish I could complete this with OFB from TS2 to sell wines from my own shop

This also makes me wonder. Did anyone of you ever try to complete all skills and their challenges on one sim? It would require an immortal sim ofc, but still, it is ridiculous how much there is to complete with even a few expansion packs installed.
Forum Resident
#11373 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
This also makes me wonder. Did anyone of you ever try to complete all skills and their challenges on one sim?

I did, way back when. I remember how the base game alone used to keep me entertained for hours and hours. He was basically a test sim, every time an expansion pack was released I'd use him to try out new features and skills. I stopped playing with him sometime around when Showtime was released though. Don't think I even still have him anymore.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Site Helper
#11374 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:01 PM
I've tried to complete all the skills and skill challenges with a few sims. It helps that I don't have half of the EPs, but adding Woohooer did make that challenge rather interesting...
(On the plus side, I did end up aging a sim past young adult for that. It was the only way he could do the ones involving younger sims. )

Mad Poster
#11375 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 5:15 AM
I think it was the moment I saw where my first teen keenly interested in photography had to take a picture of their own grandchild to complete one of the challenges that I realized I was never going to be engaged enough with these things to ever get a sim to progress through all of them (and this was well before all EPs were out). But that's realistic too, as I don't know of anyone in real life who has done and excelled at everything.
Page 455 of 490