Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Jun 2008 at 9:14 PM
LOL, 'Mrs God'! And yup, 'tis Scarecrow. And yeah, he did look like a delinquent...

Yeah, I LOVE the humour in Supernatural. Anyone remember the image of Dean with like 15 of those nuts or whatever from Tall Tales? :laugh:
Dean and... Starla or whatever it was.
Starla: You're so attractive... I'm having trouble concentrating...
Dean: *heroic/serious* There's no time for that right now.

Dean: *Skin, after the shapeshifter morphs into him* He's a smart son of a bitch... he picked the good-looking one....

Dean: Man, I'm not gonna die in a hospital where the nurses aren't even that hot...

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 6:37 PM
I do indeed remember said image from Tall Tales. That was priceless... wonder how many times it took both actors to pull that off without laughing (or spitting them all out).

I just got done watching Faith off the DVD because I realized I had never seen that episode at length. Wow, definitely a win for Jensen Ackles... that was amazingly well-acted. They're both very good at face acting; the eyes say it all. I have to assume that Layla ends up dying (or was that mentioned in a later episode?), but I think she and Dean would have made a great couple in an alternate universe where it could have worked. Whatever actress played her (Rita from Dexter) was excellent, as well.

My favorite quote from that episode:

Dean: God save us from half the people doing God's work.

The crack about dying in a hospital with ugly nurses was good, too :laugh:.

I read an interview with Eric Kripke somewhere in which he stated that Dean's stay in hell (yes, hell, not purgatory) would be more than just a few days and would change he and Sam's relationship forever. Does this mean that we won't see much of Dean (or at least on the surface) during season four? Love Sam and all, but he's not as scintillating of a character.

EDIT: Found the best avatar ever for this show:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/...tar156771_6.png

So true :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#53 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 6:59 PM
Maybe they'll develop Sam's character more.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:32 AM
I think that would be a little upsetting to the viewers. Dean is burning in hell and they're focusing on Sam? Granted, it would probably be Sam doing his damndest to get Dean out, but still Sam. If they do develop Sam during the next season, I'd like to see further insight into his dark side, so to speak. Does anyone remember Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things when he told Dean that he would have to kill him if he ever went evil? I think that the writers let the whole Sam having demon blood storyline drop after season two. I think another Born Under A Bad Sign-esque episode would be great- more development into the whole demon thing and whether Sam is aware of what he's doing when he goes evil.

Scholar
Original Poster
#55 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 10:10 PM
I think Dean's more aware of Sam's dark side than Sam himself. I mean, Born Under A Bad Sign, Dean was completely sure of what Sam was capable of and what he wasn't. The smoking thing, he was just like 'What, you've started smoking?', but later on, he was completely sure it wasn't Sam. It wasn't just the guy he killed (which Sam could have argued was self-defence), or psychologically torturing Jo/tying her up etc, he seems to have clear cut ideas about what Sam is and what he isn't.

Like when he was talking about killing Gordon and he knew Sam wouldn't kill human Gordon - which was true, Sam framed human Gordon and killed vampire Gordon. While Dean is losing touch as Sam beings to be more like Dean, I don't think he'll ever lose the basic grasp of things.

That's said, it's ridiculous to focus on Sam while Dean's in so much trouble. I mean, Dean is prettier and stuck in Hell, for crying out loud!

Mad Poster
#56 Old 27th Jun 2008 at 5:45 PM
Wow, you've really thought about this. I have to agree with your opinion, although I think that (if and when he gets out of hell) Dean's downfall isn't his estimation of Sam's abilities, but his blind faith in Sam. He knows the extent of Sam's dark side and maybe what it will do to him, but I think if it came down to the wire and Sam was evil, Dean would let Sam kill him before he laid a finger on Sam. Remember Born Under A Bad Sign when he didn't even fight back? I don't think he would be able to pull the trigger on Sam, even if it meant saving or condemning the world.

Red Sky At Morning was on last night... one of my favorite episodes :D. I love when Dean starts hyperventilating after Bela has the car towed and when Dort grabs Sam's butt on the dance floor. Poor Sam; he looked so uncomfortable. They should have just let Bela die, though... would have saved them a lot of trouble. I love how Dean actually appears to think about it when Bela asks him to have sex, too.

Bela: When this is all over, we should really have angry sex.
Dean: ... Don't objectify me!

Bela: You boys should learn to lock your doors. Anyone could just barge in.
Sam: Anyone just did.

Dean: There's a bullet missing from the Colt. You want to tell me how that happened? I know it wasn't me, so unless you were shooting at some incredibly evil cans.
Sam: Dean.
Dean: You went after her didn't you? The Crossroads Demon, after I told you not to.
Sam: Yeah, well.
Dean: You could have gotten yourself killed.
Sam: I didn't.
Dean: And you shot her?
Sam: She was a smartass.

And the best one of all...

Dean (to Sam): ... You stink like sex.

This is such a quotable episode.

Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 4:28 PM
So true! Dean let Sam shoot him rather than take him out first. Though, he does hit Sam, a lot, but its... weird because any violence Dean subjects Sam to is really controlled (like one punch) and I'm not sure Sam would have that much self-control given the way he turned out in Mystery Spot.

I love Red Sky At Morning, brilliant episode! And Dean's face while he was trying to figure out what Bela said, priceless!
I love Bela, though, she was so... unique and the banter and chemistry between her and Dean was pretty damn good. Sam just kept fantasising about her, lol.

Dean: I can't believe she conned us again!
Sam: You. She conned you.
Dean: Gee, thanks, Sam!

#58 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 9:33 PM
I LOOOOOVE SuperNatural! my fave show ever! *+ scrubs*
i'm still waiting for season 3 to come out here in finland! i've bought season 1 and 2 and am at the moment rewatching them! DEAN is soooo HOTTTT!!! and sam is soooo cute! haha...i love them!

i just love the things they say to each other!<3

Dean Winchester: Ya' know she could be faking.
Sam Winchester: Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?
[Dean nods]
Sam Winchester: Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick!
Mad Poster
#59 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 11:38 PM
Bela would be a good series regular. She's got the looks that every single actor/actress on the CW seems to require and would be able to trade banter back and forth with the boys well. I bet she and Dean could pull off a sex scene, too. Speaking of sex scenes, the two they've had so far were incredibly graphic for network television... I think my jaw was dropped the whole time I watched them and for the rest of the episodes (Route 666 and Heart). My mom walked in and thought I was watching Skinemax. It looked like Sam was trying to eat the girl he was with, though. Wowza... that was some good acting.

I love Dream A Little Dream of Me when Sam fantasizes about Bela. Dean knew something was up, LOL.

Forum Resident
#60 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 11:42 PM
Ive just seen the season 3 finale here in UK and..nooooo....how is Dean gonna get out of hell?
Mad Poster
#61 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:12 PM
Kind of OT, but kind of relevant since one of the stars is in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_QjLMZbl8

Has anyone seen this? I must see this movie. I can't get over the kilt and mohawk...

Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:19 PM
LOL! I love him! Just more proof that he's a brilliant actor!
However, does the mohawk have to be blue?

Alchemist
#63 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:22 PM
LOL that was hilarious! Nice facial hair/mohawk/make up/kilt. Wow...

He still looks hot.
Mad Poster
#64 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 5:22 PM
Guess it's part of his charm. He has great comedic timing. "There's too many enemy tampons!" :D

Mad Poster
#65 Old 13th Jul 2008 at 8:58 PM
I want my show back :weep:! I was bored and looking for S3 bloopers when I came across this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ9sfHlByPg

You have to watch the whole thing to get to the funny part. Too cute . They're both so funny.

I was watching Hell House off of the DVD the other day and was reminded of how much I'd love to see another prank war. I think Dean won, though- itching powder in Sam's boxers? LOL. Sam should tow the Impala just to freak Dean out, but I guess we have to wait until Dean is out of hell for that to be possible.

There's been a lot of guest stars on the show- a lot. Who's your favorite? I think my favorite has to be the Ghostfacers, Ed and Harry .

Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 5:34 PM
Aw! I miss them now! I've started watching the first season again, should be at Hell House soon :P

I have to admit, Ed and Harry got a lot funnier in Ghostfacers than Hell House. When they were walking in slow motion and that car just sped past them :laugh: Why does that remind me of the part in Scrubs when J.D. and Turk kept walking in slow motion to look dramatic?

Plus, Dean's intro in that episode, he did not look happy. AND, what the hell, Ed flirting with Corbett's ghost! "Man, you have to go be gay for that spirit"

I'd really, really like Bela back, she was so entertaining. Fine, she'd have shot Dean and Sam if they'd been in that room, but still, she'd been backed into a corner by Lilith, who kept changing the deal. It was more than understandable why she was the way she was. If Dean can come back (which he must), so can Bela, right?

Mad Poster
#67 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 4:17 AM
Interesting stuff... Malleficus Mallicareum was on earlier and they ran a ticker tape at the bottom with spoilers for Season Four. Here they are:
  • Dean has been in hell for four months of real time when the season kicks off, but in hell time he's been there for years. We'll see his experience there and see how Sam has changed during this time.
  • The Winchesters' grandfather will make a cameo, as will John and Mary as teenagers.
  • Former characters returning will include Agent Henrikson, Meg, and Robert (the bankrobber from Nightshifter).
  • Early next season, Sam and Dean will confront Dracula, the Mummy, and the Wolf Man in an old black and white Hollywood thriller movie themed episode.
  • Season four will feature the first Halloween themed episode and a look into the occult origins of All Hallow's Eve.
I'm really excited about season four... not that I wasn't already, but this enthuses me even further. How in the hell is Meg going to come back when Dean exorcised the demon and killed the girl? Yellow Eyes told him that he killed his daughter... doesn't that mean once and for all? Why couldn't Henrikson just die already- we've got Gordon out of the way. People need to leave the boys alone! This Hollywood thriller episode sounds great, as well... Sam and Dean in black and white. I can just picture them in gangster trenchcoats and fedoras, LOL .

Alchemist
#68 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:46 PM
SWEET JESUS, Jensen is adorable. I just watched some Youtube stuff of him in interviews and such. His cute little smile when he talks and how he kinda talks outta the side of his mouth... aww. I keep looking at his lips, does that make me a perv?

Okay, I'm done. Sorry... :D
Mad Poster
#69 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:07 PM
He's so cute and shy... I love it. He's so polite, too- I saw him on a talk show once and he wouldn't sit down until the female host did. Adorable :D.

Alchemist
#70 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:29 PM
LOL I think I just saw that. It was Megan Mulally. I've been watching him on Youtube for like an hour now.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:30 PM
Nothing creepy about that at all :P.

Alchemist
#72 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:36 PM
Oh yeah, totally normal.
Test Subject
#73 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:19 PM
Meg came back after Dean exorcised her out of the girl. She was in Sam, remember, in Born Under A Bad Sign? Maybe she'd come back now, in hell, with Dean or something.

If Sam changes anything like in that one episode where he keeps losing Dean in that one episode, it'll be something quite interesting to see.

I can't wait to see them and Dracula *g* The others, too but Dracula
Mad Poster
#74 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:02 PM
Right, I knew that. Total duh moment. Wouldn't it be interesting if Meg and Dean met up in hell? I don't know how much promenading and running into other spirits he'll get to do, but I would imagine that Meg still holds a grudge against him. Come to think of it, there are probably a lot of demons in hell who would just love to rip Dean apart... that doesn't bode well.

Sam in Mystery Spot- that was frightening. Sam said that he needed to become more like Dean so he could fight this war by himself, so I imagine that's what will happen. What will become of the war, anyway? Tammy (the witch) said that Sam wasn't the messiah and there was a new leader who wanted him dead, so it seems like perhaps Sam's demon heritage doesn't mean as much as we previously thought. I'm curious as to what will happen to Dean's body- we learned in AHBL that you can't make a deal to bring someone back to life without the body, so if Sam disposes of the body, Dean can never fully come back as a human. I also wonder about the possibility of Sam making a deal to save Dean- the Winchesters are always ready and willing to sacrifice themselves. I could see Sam not being able to cope without him and resorting to making a deal just like Dean did. It would end up being a vicious cycle.

The end of Malleficus Mallicareum always makes me sad, what with Dean alone in the parking lot. Ruby mentioned that she's the only demon (in her experience) who remembers what being human is like, so perhaps Dean will be similar. Somehow I just can't picture him turning into what they hunt.

Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 8:21 PM
Except they wouldn't. I mean, the more poweful ones clearly dominate the lesser, and they're a lot smarter and a lot more cruel. They'd keep him physically unharmed (for the most part, maybe torture him, but never break him), slowly stripping away at what makes Dean human. In Dream A Little, Dream Of Me, Dean's worst fear was to be turned into a demon, so, some demon would probably work that out and I think that's what they'll try do to him, the irony of his fate and all. That's way more cruel than just ripping Dean apart, so that's probably what they'll go for. But then, it's Dean Winchester, he'll fight the good fight.

As for Dean's body... embalming? Cryogenics? I don't know, but that body better make it! Lol, sorry, fangirl moment there.

As for Tammy, well she was dancing to Lilith's tunes so she'd just be shooting herself in the foot if she declared Sam the messiah. And at the end of No Rest For The Wicked, Sam turned out to be stronger than Lilith. I don't think anyone would touch Sam's soul with a bargepole though, Lilith wouldn't want it because if he's stronger than her as a human, he'd be much worse and could easily break out of her grasp. So far, she's the only demon who seems capable of the 'Rise and walk, my son' act, so that's a no go for Sam. Plus, Dean, if that's how he's brought back, would so kick Sam's ass for that. So, they'd probably try to drive him insane/evil like they'd do to Dean or just kill him outright.

Page 3 of 46