Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2017 at 11:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Extracting Voice/SFX Files
Hey, guys! So I've been looking thru files and extracting them for personal purposes (Twitch/Stream setup mostly), and I have been hitting a wall whenever I try to extract SFX files or voice files in SimPE. They extract perfectly fine, but all I hear are unintelligible beeps and hums when I listen to/go through them. The only files that don't have the beeps are the ones that correspond to the pianos and the background music that plays during the special cinematics.

Why don't the files play correctly? Is it because the audio files are encoded differently? If so, is there a workaround or a program that I can use to actually listen to the Voice/SFX files? Looking for a friend

I've tried looking for forums that relate to the problem I'm having, but the ones I've seen are for extracting the music, and not the other audio files.

Thanks for any intel and help. Much love!